Too Many Questions, Too Few Answers...(OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then.

Burning 1 HP to shake off Fatigue from Surge. So he's tip-top shape.

Charging the Head Cultist. Using All Out Attack. That boosts my Attack by +4, to a total of +11.

I use power attack, which drops my Attack to +9, but brings my damage to +9

Using Strike rather than Blast.

Melee Attack Roll: 18+9=27. Booyah. 8-)

Toughness Save DC is 24.

You know what, what the heck. I still have 2 HP, so...Surging for another Standard, using it for a melee attack.

All Out Attack, Power Attack. Attack is at +7, Damage DC at +9

Epic Fail

Using that 3rd HP for re-roll.

Attack Roll: 15+7=22. Much better.

Toughness Save DC is 24.

All told, his Defense will be down by -4 until next round.

Trying to count posts for you people!

Note on the Stunned Head Cultist: you need to make a Concentration check (DC 10 + his Force Field's rank) to see if he can keep the Force Field up.

Also, Stunned Head Cultist loses Dodge bonus to Defense, which includes his +4 from Total Defense, and he suffers an additional -2 modifier to his Defense. In other words, his Stunned defense = his Flat-Footed Defense, -2.

And since he's denied his Dodge bonus to Defense, Sneak Attack damage comes into effect.

Dead Head

Free Action: Call to Mutt to do a Combined Attack

Mutt

Standard Action: Combined Attack with Dead Head to attack the stunned Head Cultist

Attack vs. Head Cultist; All-Out Attack (-2 Defense, +2 Attack) & Power Attack (-2 Attack, +2 Damage); no damage (combining with Dead Head) (1d20+6=11) hrrmmm...

Is Stunned Head Cultist's Defense equal to or less than 11? If so, Mutt hits, and DH gets +2 damage!

Dead Head

Standard Action: Combined Attack with Mutt to attack the stunned Head Cultist

Attack vs. Head Cultist; All-Out Attack (-2 Defense, +2 Attack) & Power Attack (-2 Attack, +2 Damage); +2 Damage from Sneak Attack; DC 27 Toughness if it hits, 29 if Mutt got his hit in (1d20+10=22)

IF he's still up, DH will use Extra Effort to SURGE for another standard action.

Standard Action: Attack some more!

Attack vs. Head Cultist; All-Out Attack (-2 Defense, +2 Attack) & Power Attack (-2 Attack, +2 Damage); +2 Damage from Sneak Attack; DC 27 Toughness if it hits (1d20+10=16)

It's not just that he loses the +4 he got from Total Defense, he loses all his Dodge bonus to Defense. So if his Defense was 16 (6 base), his flat-footed defense is 13 (since half your base Defense is treated as being a Dodge bonus and is lost when you're flat-footed). And an additional -2 brings it down to 11.

And if that is the case, Mutt hit, so their Combined Attack worked, so DH's damage goes up by +2, so he failed that first save by 6, and is bruised & stunned again.

Also, when you do rolls, please be sure to fill in the Notes field with what you're rolling & why.

Bookkeeping! 'cos...why not.

End of round 3 standings (I believe):

20 -- High Cultist -- 3 bruises, stunned

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, fatigued, 2 HP

13 -- Dragonfly -- unconscious, 0HP

13 -- Push -- unconscious/1 more round, 4 HP

9 -- Cobalt Templar -- uninjured, 0 HP

9 -- Dead Head -- uninjured, fatigued, 2 HP

9 -- Mutt -- uninjured, 0 HP (minion, uses DH's HPs)

Next round will be round 4.

Master Plan starts to decay this round; it's now +2 to attack and skill rolls.

Right, so spending the HP I earned for being awesome and ending the fight.

Stunting Healing 7 (14pp) on my Holy Fire Control Array.

Full round action, Healing on Dragonfly. She gets a +7 bonus on recovery check to get up from being unconscious.

Edit: Change that to Extra Effort, with Fatigue applied to me, and the HP being used to wipe it away. That way, the Stunt lasts until I'm done with it.

Cobalt Templar failed by 3, he is Shaken (-2 attacks, saves, and checks).

Ironclad failed by 8, she is frightened and flees; if unable to flee she remains but is shaken. And she gets +1 HP.

Everyone else is fine.

Initiative time; to speed things up let's just keep the same initiatives from the fight.

Initiative (1d20+1=4) hrm

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, fatigued, frightened, 3 HP

13 -- Dragonfly -- uninjured, 0HP

13 -- Push -- uninjured 4 HP

9 -- Cobalt Templar -- uninjured, shaken, 0 HP

9 -- Dead Head -- uninjured, fatigued, 2 HP

9 -- Mutt -- uninjured, 0 HP (minion, uses DH's HPs)

3 -- Horned One -- uninjured

Possible edit: Quinn, did you want that new complication

Catalogue of Nightmares - Besides the Museum Massacre, Push has been in hot pursuit after Scratch for nearly two years. In that time, he's seen a lot of things both pleasant and unpleasant, but some things particularly stick in his mind. More than once he's run into eldrich forces left by Scratch, fell creatures of Old Night left to either delay or harry him...or stumbled upon the remains of particularly nasty things the Gentleman Warlock has done. (i.e Fear or mental effects might skip the save roll altogether due to the rather nasty memories being hauled up to the forefront of his mind, seeing a zombie pile-up on another hero might make him relive the Museum and act accordingly, etc.)

to be in effect now?