Too Many Questions, Too Few Answers...(OOC)

Quinn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, after the 4 golems, the two zombie groups, and the Head Cultist.

Speaking of which...

Since Dead Head is closest to the Head Cultist, the four golems turn their attention to him. This is going to hurt...

1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=7, 1d20+6=9

...or not. >.<

If any of those could possibly hit, take the respective DC 21 Toughness saves.

Next up, those ten zombies are homing in on Dragonfly! Oh noes!

1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=10, 1d20+1=9, 1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=14

Wow. These bad guys just can't catch a break...if any of those hit, take the respective DC 16 Toughness saves.

NEXT ROUND!

Head Cultist takes another Total Defense action as he channels, if Dead Head's still up (which is most likely) I need another Knowledge: Arcane check as something special happens (to be detailed in the IG post), and Ironclad's up!

Cheat Sheet v4!

20 -- High Cultist -- uninjured

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, 3 HP now

13 -- Dragonfly -- uninjured, 2 HP

13 -- Push -- uninjured, 4 HP

9 -- Cobalt Templar -- uninjured, 3 HP

9 -- Dead Head -- uninjured, 2 HP

9 -- Mutt -- uninjured, 0 HP (minion, uses DH's HPs)

9 -- Flesh Golem -- 1 Injury

9 -- Flesh Golem -- 2 Injuries

7 -- Flesh Golem -- 1 Injury

2 -- Flesh Golem -- uninjured

2 -- Zombie Group 1 (5 Unharmed)

2 -- Zombie Group 3 (5 Unharmed)

Next up, those ten zombies are homing in on Dragonfly! Oh noes!

1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=10, 1d20+1=9, 1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=14

Wow. These bad guys just can't catch a break...if any of those hit, take the respective DC 16 Toughness saves.

And it's a good thing, too, what with her lacking her dodge bonus. She wasn't expecting zombies to cover that much ground that quickly.

A dodge-less Dragonfly has a defense of +2. Zombies 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 hit.

Toughness Saves vs. Zombie Attacks (1d20 + 6=13, 1d20 + 6=8, 1d20 + 6=17, 1d20 + 6=10, 1d20 + 6=17)

Bruise, stun+bruise, save, stun+bruise, save. Ouch. Invisible castle wasn't kind.

Too many to reroll for without burning through all her hero points. Dragonfly picks up three bruises and spends a hero point to immediately shake off the stun. She'll be very happy to get her defense back. No more Distracting for her in this thread, I think.

Well, they're in melee range anyway. Time to play with her rarely-used toy!

Standard Action:

Melee Attack Roll vs. Zombie (Spacial Blade) (1d20 + 8 + 3=31)

On a minion? Haaate.

Wait, no. House rules on crits. ...ahaha. Ahahahaha. WHAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Ahem.

Per the house rules: choosing Alternate Effect for the crit effect. Functionally, she's stunting off her spacial array for free - stripping Penetrating off her spacial blade and trading it for this:

Damage 8 (spacial 'blade'; Feats: Takedown Attack 2) [10/16pp]

So she's making a critical attack on all the minions around her - or, at least, as many as she can reach at melee with minimum movement. GM's call on how many zombies get snicker-snacked, though it's thematically appropriate to note that her blade does damage but doesn't literally cut things. Unless she specifically turns it to lethal damage, anyway.

Move Action:

Dragonfly is getting the hell out of dodge. Teleporting to 100 feet away from all threats, or as near to that as she can get without leaving the warehouse.

Speaking of dodge, she has her dodge bonus back! Yaaaaay!

Excellent! And Fox, Rav, and Knight have voted to try their luck on the Bonus Boss even if they block the ritual in time...and they still don't know how long they have! Mwahahahaha!

Of course, there is the option to change your mind, if you choose to. Dok, penny for your thoughts?

And she takes down one full group of zombies. That's 5.

Push's turn, and it's Power Stunt time!

Shaen's idea, I give full credit, and I'm tweaking my Enhanced Strike and adding a new toy.

Strike 10 (Extras: Area [General, Burst], Linked [Trip], Flaws: Action [Full]) [10PP] + Trip 10 (Extras: Area [General, Burst], Linked , Flaws: Action [Full], Range [Touch], Feats: Improved Throw) [6PP] (Kinetic Hammerquake) [16PP].

Mwehehehehehehehee....

Everyone in the area (that'd be the four golems, Dead Head, Dragonfly, Ironclad, the other five zombies, CT is exempt because he's in the air, and the High Priest is up on the podium, so he gets a bye as well) has to make a DC20 Reflex save for 1/2 (general area), then a DC25 Toughness save (or DC20 if they made the Area save) and a contested roll, the lower of their STR+Super-STR or DEX+Acrobatics versus my Trip rank (so 10, or 5 if they made the Area save). If you fail the Trip check, you're knocked prone. Yahoo!

Edit: Oh, and I'm invoking Push's complication of "That Building Jumped Out In Front Of Me!"....

FUN!

Ok, let's salvage this...with more destruction!

Reflex save (1d20+2=6, 1d20+2=12, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=4) - Flesh Golem Reflex Save. All failed. ^w^

-Flesh Golem 1 1d20+9=16

-Flesh Golem 2 1d20+6=22

-Flesh Golem 3 1d20+7=9

-Flesh Golem 4 1d20+8=10

You read it right, two golems KO'd! Other two hit the ground prone, they're down until the next round.

Push is also temporarily out cold from way overcharging that shot, courtesy of complication Tank's Running Low. He'll get back up in a couple of rounds...;)

Hokay, so. The visible golems are threats that need to go down.

Cobalt Templar is going to take a Standard Action and Charge Flesh Golem 1. That gives him a +2 to Attack, and a -2 to Defense. He will also use Power Attack (the free version) for +2 Toughness DC, and -2 Attack (leaving him at his base attack).

Attack Roll: 10+7=17

Toughness Save DC is 24 when all is said and done.

Move Action to go stand over Dragonfly's prone form.

Surging to gain a Standard Action

Standard Action to use ranged Blast Attack on Flesh Golem 2. Using All-Out Attack for +2 Attack, and another -2 Defense, bringing Defense to a whopping +1. Also using Power Attack again for +2 Toughness DC, -2 Attack (again leaving him at his normal Attack bonus).

Attack Roll: 16+7=23

Again, Toughness Save DC is 24.

Both attacks count as Magic, Holy, and Fire. Those are supposed to be on his sheet, but got missed in the last round of edits. They will be added after this month's points award.

His Defense is +1, but he's otherwise running normal. I'll be burning an HP next round to get rid of the fatigue from Surging.

Mutt's in the area, too, but since he's flying he's not a target.

Reflex save, DC 20 (1d20+6=16) Zombies are not nimble.

Toughness save, DC 25 (1d20+15=29) passes!

Dex/Acrobatics check, DC 20 (1d20+2=21) :shock: passes!

Dead Heads wobble, they don't fall down!

Dead Head

Free Action: Call out warning to allies

Standard Action: Attack Head Cultist (and probably get intercepted by Golem)

Attack vs. Head Cultist; All-Out Attack (-2 Defense, +2 Attack) & Power Attack (-2 Attack, +2 Damage); DC 25 Toughness if it hits (1d20+10=14)

Mutt

Standard Action: Attack Head Cultist (and probably get intercepted by Golem)

Attack vs. Head Cultist; All-Out Attack (-2 Defense, +2 Attack) & Power Attack (-2 Attack, +2 Damage); DC 21 Toughness if it hits (1d20+6=17)

Cheat Sheet v.5!

20 -- High Cultist -- uninjured

16 -- Ironclad -- uninjured, 3 HP now

13 -- Dragonfly -- out cold, 0HP

13 -- Push -- out cold/2 more rounds, 4 HP

9 -- Cobalt Templar -- uninjured, 3 HP

9 -- Dead Head -- uninjured, 2 HP

9 -- Mutt -- uninjured, 0 HP (minion, uses DH's HPs)

2 -- Flesh Golem -- 2 injuries

Ho-kay, mechanics time! Extra Effort to Stunt Enhanced Strength off her Flight Array gives her E-Str 11. Switching her weapon array to grappling and closing with the last golem. Going full Power Attack and Accurate Attack. With Clad +3 from Master Plan, that makes her Damage Bonus +10 and her Grapple Bonus +15.

Grapple!

1d20+15=34

I'm assuming that works. Pick 'em up and throw 'em at the head cultist. Do I need an Att roll for that?