Earth Victoriana: The Brit Machine (IC) (GM)

Edge was surprisingly sober for the remainder of the team's stay in the other world, sitting quietly by himself and watching the sooty smoke of a million factories rise ever-higher towards the dark skies overhead. Somehow watching a father's death and a family torn apart by grief and revenge had touched him, maybe more than he'd have wanted or expected. He thought of his own father, far away doing God knew what, and his own grief and rage when he thought about the way the universe had so pitilessly abandoned him and his mother to their fates. _I guess this is a good reminder that other people have it worse_, he reflected. _Maybe I need to lighten up a little._ Still, he was quiet before they left, and as soon as they were back he disappeared again.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"'Is Most Imperial Madgjesty, on be'half of the h'Empire does h'ereby salute you, and offer our thanks for the saving of the h'Empire!"

Grim accepted the praise with good humor and the occasional grin, but like Edge she was rather troubled by the final outcome of the whole affair; the world was saved and everything, but the final encounter with the young tsar and the creepy gasping corpse of his dad...yeah, that was probably gonna stay with her a lot longer than any happy memories of a job well done.

Still, I got to meet William Blake, who I'm so gonna Google when I get home, and he made this amazing painting for me.

Shouldering up her picture tube, she waved good-bye to the cheerful British lady and looked forward to getting home to a nice bubble bath.

The badge was rather short ceremony with the metals was pretty awkward especially since Carrie didn't think she really did anything. Not that she could of done anything, heroes or not she wasn't just going to randomly trust someone by revealing herself. The others didn't seem very willing to chat, so she spent her time conversing with Ms. Wells about the machine that brought them here as well as the time it would take for the damage to the climate to be repaired with the freezium. When they did left, Carrie had gotten took one last eyefull of the world before heaving a sigh with and taking her pills.

The nausia was somewhat bareable when they arrived, but it was now night time so the dress store was probably closed. Not that she could call it really a lose, she did have a rather nice new jacket and pair of gloves coupled with the disguise clothing. Plus, she knew that even if it was a little bit she did help, though what became of the tsar who lost his father tugged her curiousity greatly.

Guess I can only hope Joe managed to get through to him.

Throughout the celebration, throughout the medals, throughout the meeting with His Majesty the King, all Cannonade could think about was everything he'd moved. Okay, so it's not time travel, he thought to himself. I've done time travel. But... I came here, and all I wanted to do in the first place was just save this world. And now... man, I don't know what I've done. The guys who were following Ludd... will they get it right? I gave 'em the spark, but who knows what kinda fire they'll light with it. And Rasputin's kid... what about him? I sent him back to fight Stalin, but who's to say the guy won't take after his father? He talks about love for his people, but... well, I know a lot of tyrants who thought they were doing the right thing. I coulda just packed a big powder keg. How can I be sure it doesn't blow up in everyone's face?

He looked out into the crowd, and thought he caught a glimpse of some of the faces from the rally. Guess I can only hope.