Mind Games (OOC)

Avenger Assembled

Alright, so assuming a surprise round here...

Midnight II

Free Action: Midnight Mist

Free Action: Arrange Gadgets

Strike 4 (Power Feat: Extended Reach, Improved Critical 2, Mighty) [8PP]

Protection 1 [1PP]

Standard Action: Power Attack 5. (1d20+10=25) DC 15 +4 Strike +3 Strength +2 Sneak Attack +5 Power Attack = 29 Against Archer

Move Action: Auto 25 Demoralize Against Beaumont w/ Skill Mastery and Second Chance (Intimidate).

Extra Effort: Surge for Standard Action

Standard Action: Power Attack 5. (1d20+10=16) DC 29 Against Beaumont.

Let me know if it's worth rerolling any of that and how it goes before I put up the IC. If it's relevant: Initiative. (1d20+3=9)

Archer is caught flat-footed, and that hits.

But he rolls a nat 20 and is left bruised.

Beaumont once saw the Praetor rip a guy's head off just to see how far the blood spattered, and resists the Demoralize.

A 16 fails to hit even his flat-footed defense.

Go ahead and reroll as necessary via HP: I'll say you've got two additional ones thanks to your various complications. I'll wait till you're done to roll initiative.

That did the trick; he is demoralized. (With his +11, he can't resist, not that I'd try with a nat-20!)

Between being shaken and flat-footed, he is rolling a +1 on his Tou save.

Holy cow!

Mark definitely spends an HP to make him reroll that.

Son of a-!

OK, Beaumont is bruised and stunned.

Gizmo, have an HP back for that piece of annoyance. Go ahead and post IC. =)

Mark Seizes Initiative (by spending an HP)

He Transforms a volume of midnight mist around him into air. (Standard)

He surges, switches his array, and Power Attacks the cage. The DC 38 Tou save he inflicts with Autofire 2 is enough to break open a hole big enough for Erin to break out of, given the damage she's already inflicted on the Impervium.

Everyone, roll Initiative.

Archer goes on 19

Beaumont goes on 17

Da Goons go on 8

Top O' The Round:

Wander has just burst out of her cage, fighting mad. She and Mark are standing inside a clear space of about ten foot square inside the midnight mist. The room is about eight hundred square feet; the cube was about ten foot by ten foot. Midnight is standing next to Beaumont; Rift and Kid Cthulu are behind him.

Erin is up. (Since Rift can't possibly go ahead of her in init)

As a standard action, Archer runs in a whirlwind, attempting to counter the Obscure with his own Super-Speed.

19 Have an HP, Giz, which the shiny new HP you just got from the above fiat may help you beat with your power-check.

As a move action, he runs out the door to summon reinforcements, something he can do then come back for with his Move-By Action.

Make your roll, Giz, and I'll post IC. After that, Beaumont, then Rift!