One Pill Makes You Larger... (OOC)

trollthumper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In which case I think Slick is up first...

And certainly dosen't feel like getting grappled like that guy, so its oil time for a free action (Enhanced Escape Artist activation, more for fluff than anything else...)

Then, going in for a massive "power attack" punch, as I presume the guy is flat footed - no feat, but dropping -2 att for +2 damage.

1d20+5=12

Scratch that, hero point time!

1d10+15=18 lordy, not much better... but should hit a flat footed boss (I hope!)

If it does, DC 24 Toughness save.

Hmm. I was not aware of the more classical origins; I plucked it from Perdido Street Station by China Mieville. There's a gangster who goes by Mister Motley who's been ReMade (basically, had bio-mages do Body Horror to him) willingly to become an ever-roiling mass of a thousand different features. So, here's our Initiative order, and for charity's sake, I'll say everyone gets a Hero Point back:

Slick: 15, Unharmed, 3 HP

Cannonade: 15, Unharmed, 2 HP

Dragonfly: 14, Unharmed, 2 HP

Mister Motley: 7, Unharmed, 0 HP

Slick is up first.

And the attack hits, as the boss is still trying to get used to his body. And it looks like he's going to be taking a bit of time to get used to it, as he just failed his Toughness save by 8. So, that means Cannonade is up next. He'll be dropping 2 from Defense into Attack using All-Out Attack... and then dropping that 2 from Attack into Damage using Power Attack.

And the 21 most certainly hits. Mister Motley needs to make a DC24 save... which he does. So, that happens.

Dragonfly is up next.

An interesting and creepy mental picture. I like it.

Force Field back to full strength, infravision up mostly as a shot in the dark (if you'll pardon the joke), on the off-chance the guy's behind or under something thin enough to not block his heat.

As the stun has worn off, the blow did not hit, sadly. So Cannonade's up next, and he'll be going for -3/+3 All-Out Attack, coupled with a -1/+1 Power Attack for an all-around -3 to Defense, +2 to Attack, and +1 to Damage save.

And that doesn't work. Spending a Hero Point to retry it:

That's a 1, but given the conditions of the reroll, it becomes an 11, for a total of 21, which is a hit. Our guy needs to make a DC23 Toughness save... which he does. Damn those Hero Points. So, the roster now:

Slick: 15, Unharmed, 3 HP

Cannonade: 15, Unharmed, 1 HP

Dragonfly: 14, Unharmed, 2 HP

Mister Motley: 7, Bruised x3, Staggered, 0 HP

IC post will be coming after Slick's, but Dragonfly is up next.

No computer came up on the search check, but Dragonfly's the sort to be extra-thorough. It's a shot in the dark, but it's something for her to do.

Taking 20 (for a roll of 26) on an Extended Search, using Datalink to sweep for a computer within 100 feet that doesn't belong to the heroes. Base time of 2 minutes, 40 minutes for taking 20, 24 seconds with 100x mental quickness.