One Pill Makes You Larger... (OOC)

trollthumper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflex Save vs. Area Attack, DC19 (1d20 + 6=7)

Well, crap.

Toughness Save vs. Area Blast, DC24 (1d20 + 6=13)

Crap.

Reroll! Goodbye, my new HP. I hardly knew ye.

Reroll: Toughness Save vs. Area Attack, DC24 (1d20 + 6=8)

With the reroll rules, this is 12 + 6 = 18, which is...still ouch. But less ouch. Stunned + Bruised, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Woop. I'm braindead tonight. Forgetting important things!

Dragonfly's force field is ablative. The previous save took her down to 4 Toughness, so this latest save becomes 16. Still just Stunned and Bruised, though.

For the record, her toughness is now 2.

Yeah, that... is not good. You are, in fact, stunned. Slick, however, manages to have fully dodged the fire. Now let's see how that thug stands up... and the answer is, he doesn't. So, we are down to two gangsters at the top of the round.

Cannonade: 24, Unharmed, 0HP

Gangsters 2: 18, Unharmed, 0HP

Dragonfly: 9, Bruised, Stunned, 0HP

Scientist: 7, Unharmed, 0HP

Slick: 5, Unharmed, 1HP

So Cannonade's up next, and will of course go smashy on the next Gangster, using an Accurate stance to trade +2 accuracy for -2 damage. And that's a hit. Now let's see how it works against a DC20 Toughness save...

It works damnably well. Buggerance. Now the other Gangsters, then the Scientist. Gangster 2 opens fire on Cannonade, and misses.

Gangster 4 loses his wits, opens fire on the Scientist, and misses.

The Scientist then gets angry and decides to nuke his side of the room. Reflex saves galore!

Cannonade does not make it, but manages to tough it out anyway.

Gangster 2 does not make it, but also manages to tough it out. I swear to God, this man is made of titanium.

Gangster 4 does not make it, and spends some serious time stop, drop, and rolling.

Slick is up next.

Okay, top of Round 3:

Cannonade: 24, Unharmed, 0 HP

Gangster 1: 18, Unharmed, 0 HP

Dragonfly: 9, Bruised, 0 HP

Scientist: 7, Unharmed, 0 HP

Slick: 5, Unharmed, 1 HP

Cannonade moves to strike the scientist... but does not.

The gangster decides to get the hell out of there, as he's now the only man standing between a mad scientist he betrayed and three heroes.

Dragonfly is up next.

And yet, it's not. I forgot to factor in the Bruised modifier, but even then, he makes a 24. Even when Stunned off his nuts, this guy makes incredible Toughness saves. Now, in Round 6, it's Cannonade's turn.

...a 9. Screw this, I'm Surging.

Okay, that's a 24, which is much better. Now the scientist needs to make a DC22 Toughness save...

Which he most certainly does not, as he becomes staggered. Here's where we stand:

Cannonade: 24, Bruised, Fatigued, 0 HP

Dragonfly: 9, Bruised, 0 HP

Scientist: 7, Bruised x2, Stunned, Staggered, 0 HP

Slick: 5, Unharmed, 1 HP

Dragonfly is up next.

Yeah, it hits. The wonders of getting Stunned. Let's see how it goes...

Well, my finger slipped before I could input the whole equation, but given that his Toughness is currently at 5... that's a 12. Which fails the save by 10, which means he's Staggered... but he's already Staggered, so now he's Unconscious.

Doo doo doo DOO, doo, doo, DOO doo DOO!

Of course, now the heroes have to deal with the problems of a burning building, the club goers downstairs, and "Subject M."

EDIT: Oh, and because the building's now on fire, Hero Points for all.

Two things from Slick, having a moment to look at the girl.

Firstly, a notice check - acute olfactory sense in particular (although feel free to use it for any other senses)

1d20+5=21

Pretty good

Secondly, although he isn't a medic, a life Sciences check

1d20+5=13

Not so good, but I suppose may pick up something.

Finally, for reference re: smoke inhalation, a fort check, although he will hold his breath as long as possible if in smoke.

1d20+7=20

Bah. Sorry for delay. Things have been weird.

Okay, you most certainly pass on the smoke inhalation. For the Notice check, you realize that it's obvious the girl's body is adapting to the decreasing oxygen levels. For scent stuff, you can definitely feel the sharp chemical qualities of the barbiturates in the IV drip.

As for the Life Sciences roll... you're pretty sure that barbiturates such as phenobarbital typically don't have sudden withdrawal complications. And given how she seems to be adapting, she might be able to wake faster than someone else who's been dosed that heavily.

And that shows that I need to do more research in the future. And to understand the difference between phenobarbital (what I called it in OOC) and pentobarbital (what I called it in IC). So, yeah, it's actually pentobarbital -- which also has the potential to cause death when undergoing withdrawal. As far as Slick can tell, the girl's body may adapt to having the drugs removed... but then, she may have been given more than the usual dosage to adjust for such adaptation, so removing the drip may be risky.