One Pill Makes You Larger... (OOC)

trollthumper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:words:

Alright, assuming that if Slick's assuming Dragonfly's doing something useful, I don't need to roll an attack (because (s)he's not dodging) or be challenged by reflex (because (s)he's...not dodging). If I'm wrong and Slick would try to get the hell away from the :science:, let me know and I'll revise the post.

The breakdown:

Depending on how you measure things in this situation, this is either two standard actions and a move, a standard and two moves, or three moves. In any case, that's a normal round and then an extra effort surge (inflicted on the device itself, this time, just for dramatic purposes) to get the third action. Dimensional Pocket x2, then Teleport (checked with troll to get the location of the nearby roof).

She'll probably wait until she's on the ground to release the girl, unless the girl releases herself before then. If you want to RP being pulled back to normal space before then, or willing yourself back with a roll (DC14, now that her gauntlets are 'fatigued'), feel free. It's basically like what just happened in reverse - lots of spacial mumbo-jumbo and then popping or folding back into the dimensions we all know and love. Otherwise, she'll be un-pocketing Slick on her next post.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking 20 on this computers check (no penalty for failure I'm aware of), because she wants to know as much as possible. Anything worthwhile she finds will be sent over to her own base's computer for records and safekeeping, just in case.

So that's a 35 check, taking (20 x ['a few minutes, or longer'])/100 minutes, looking for information on the guy's contact(s), records, recordings, numbers, that kind of thing. As long as she'll be at it for a while (possibly a second 35 check?) she'll look for records and notes on what was done to the girl, so that there's actually evidence and a record this time. All this checking gives Cannonade and Slick time to do things their way, too. :v:

Moar. MOAR OOC POSTS

Dragonfly figures you two will do better in there at the social thing than she possibly could, so she's (and I'm) taking advantage of the pause to repair the damage she did stunting the escape from the burning warehouse. Simple repair, DC15 (which she easily, easily surpasses taking 10, even with the -2 penalty for having to use a multitool) and should take a few minutes. Plenty of time to make a scruple-less scientist pee his pants!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a 20, and since the Gangster's a minion, he goes down. That leaves five more, who are opening fire. Two on Slick, two on Cannonade, and one on Dragonfly.

Gangster 1 takes aim at Slick, and misses.

Gangster 2 misses horribly.

Gangster 3 hits Cannonade, but his +3 damage pings off Impervious Toughness.

And Gangster 4 misses as well.

And Gangster 5 hits Dragonfly on a 22, provoking a DC18 Toughness save.

Now it's Cannonade's turn, and he's charging forward and just hitting things. He goes for Gangster 2... and critical hits him right in the breadbasket. As there's no way in hell for Gangster 2 to make a DC27 Toughness save, he folds like a chair, giving Cannonade a chance to take advantage of Takedown Attack and goes for Gangster 3.

The other attack hits as well, though not as effectively. Gangster must make a DC22 Toughness save... and does not.

Oh, and since several hours have no doubt passed, we'll say all the heroes are quite healed up.

Dragonfly: 24, Unharmed

Slick: 20, Unharmed

Gangsters (3): 19, Unharmed (Minions)

Cannonade: 14, Unharmed

Dragonfly is next.

Just 'cos there was turn confusion and it was driving me nuts, this is the init order as I understand it. I could be wrong. It's more for my own reference than anything else.

24: Dragonfly (unharmed) 0HP

20: Slick (unharmed) 1HP

19: Gangster (unharmed)

14: Cannonade (unharmed) 0HP