One Pill Makes You Larger... (OOC)

trollthumper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, he may be down from Raging, but the Blast just misses. Which means it's Cannonade's turn. Again doing a -2/+2 All-Out/Power Attack trade-off, taking Defense down to 3 and damage up to 9. And if it hits, initiating a Grapple via Improved Grab. Okay, here goes:

And that's a 10. Crap in a hat. Well, now it's time for the behemoth. He's attacking Cannonade again, and... he misses as well, on an 11. It's the flyswatter Olympics. As things stand:

Dragonfly: 19, Unharmed, 0HP

Cannonade: 13: Unharmed, 0HP

Freak: 12, Bruised x6, Staggered, 1HP

Slick: 10, Unharmed, 1HP

Slick is up next.

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Freak (Blast) (1d20 + 7=9)

*beats head against desk*

Also,

Knowledge (Life Sciences) check (Eidetic Memory) (1d20 + 6=12)

as she tries to figure out whether or not it'd be awfully dangerous to drop the guy off the top of a building.

Shifting the spacial array to Dimensional Pocket so that she doesn't have to bother with it next time ('cos I needed to pad out the post! :D). How tall are the surrounding buildings?

All right. Doing another trade-off this time, lowering DEF to 3 and DAM to 9, while also using Improved Grab to initiate a Grapple. First, the attack... it's a 21, so it hits. Now comes the damage. Behemoth's got to make a Toughness save of 24...

And look at that 9! Well, wait... forgot to add bonus from the Rage Feat... that's still an 11, which is 10 less than the save. And as he's already Staggered, the second Staggered rolls over into Unconscious. He's down! Our long national nightmare is over!

Datalink + Mental Quickness 6 = information times!

First order of business, poke around the computer itself for anything useful - e-mails, useful or enlightening (or suspicious) files, browsing history, that kind of thing. Special attention for the delta symbol. Taking 10 on the Computers check, 'cos I'm lazy and don't want the dice to screw me over.

(21:52:42) trollthumper: (whispers) So, I'd say... maybe a minute, given Dragonfly's skill with computers.

'bout 0.6 seconds, then, at crazy-brain speed (EDIT: now that I remember there aren't 60 seconds in a second). Seeing as I already made the IC post, though, I'll let it stand and assume she's just taking a moment to download the map and double-check the message.

All right, then. Dragonfly finds that the guy is an amateur bodybuilder with a playlist on iTunes that runs alternatively towards rock and dance. Y'know, techno, house, stuff like that. Not much big... except in his e-mail browser. There's a message from Thechange23@gmail.com saying "Tonight." Here's the body:

"Swing by the back room tonight, we'll see if you're ready for glory. You know where to find us -- look for the sign on the sidewalk."

There's also a Google map open up that's magnified to show a particular stretch of the docks.

Datalink, go! Taking 10 on a computer check, so that's a 25 at 100x speed.

Looking for notes - medical records, chemical formulas, how much of the stuff has been made...anything useful she can come up with in a round's time at that speed.

Eh, it'll probably get better next round. So, we'll say the gangsters began standing four square around the scientist, but moved into clusters of two once the heroes barged in/science guy burst into flames. Initiative cue is:

Cannonade: 24, Unharmed, 0 HP

Gangsters 4: 18, Unharmed, 0 HP

Dragonfly: 9, Unharmed, 1 HP (regained via Hatred of organized crime complication)

Scientist: 7, Unharmed, 0 HP

Slick: 5, Unharmed, 1 HP (regained via Hatred of human testing complication)

Cannonade goes first, moving to get some of the gangsters out of the picture. First attack is a 20, which hits versus Gangster's DC13 Defense. Gangster must make a DC22 Toughness save... and does not, to say the least. He falls, and Takedown Attack I comes into play here.

...or not, as that's an 11 versus a DC 13. So there are 3 Gangsters left standing, and they open fire -- one on Cannonade, one on Dragonfly, and one on Slick.

Gangster 2 scores a critical hit on Cannonade -- or he would, if he wasn't a Minion. So as the damage bonus on the attack is 3 otherwise, it bounces off his Impervious.

Gangster 3 rolls another 20 -- seriously, what the ass -- against Dragonfly. Again, no crit, but it will most definitely hit. That's a DC13 Toughness save for Dragonfly.

And Gangster 4 totally whiffs against Slick.

Dragonfly is up next.

Yeah, the bolt misses the Gangster. And here comes a Burst attack, centered on Dragonfly and hitting Slick. As it's an Area Attack, it's an auto hit. So, it's a DC19 Reflex save to halve; on a success, the Toughness is DC19 for Dragonfly, DC20 for Slick (due to her Vulnerability). If not, it's DC24 for Dragonfly, DC25 for Slick. Slick is up next.

EDIT: Math is hard, let's go shopping. Toughness corrected for actual accuracy.