Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Drawings Thread

Mr. Fantastic

I just drew this for Novac (on the M&M official forums). He requested it via PM and I really love the concept. I plan on using the duo as a villain team in my own M&M campaign.

Anyways, here it is. I will color it once he gives the go ahead that he is happy with it.

The dude is named "Gears" and the little girl is "Tess LaCoil".

Check his thread for the details on these two characters.

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=27338

I call this picture, "Tess cover me while I check my Blackberry..."

Gears-and-Tess-LaCoil.jpg

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the inks... I cleaned it up a bit and made some minor modifications. Gah inking and coloring takes forever to do... :x

Oh and that is not a holster, it is a bow on the back of her waist. You will see it better once it is colored. Lol. Tho a holster would have been a good idea too...

The bad thing about posting scanned pencil images is that they do not come out very well. You lose some shading, and others become REALLY REALLY DARK, and of course there are smudges, etc... Hopefully the inks give you a better representation.

Gears-and-Tess-LaCoil-Inks.jpg

Here are the inks... I cleaned it up a bit and made some minor modifications. Gah inking and coloring takes forever to do... :x

Oh and that is not a holster, it is a bow on the back of her waist. You will see it better once it is colored. Lol. Tho a holster would have been a good idea too...

The bad thing about posting scanned pencil images is that they do not come out very well. You lose some shading, and others become REALLY REALLY DARK, and of course there are smudges, etc... Hopefully the inks give you a better representation.

Gears-and-Tess-LaCoil-Inks.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been around a lot I've been drawing covers for a Marvel Fan site. I can't show you the covers I've drawn so far (until they are released to the public), however I can show you a banner I drew for their site.

I am not used to drawing Marvel characters, so hopefully I did a good enough job for you to recognize them all. :)

I've committed to drawing four monthly covers for their fan fiction writers, so that is currently keeping me out of toruble. It is also forcing me to draw compositions of multiple characters, backgrounds, and other fun stuff. I believe this is improving my drawing skills (I hope it is anyways).

Anyways I hope you like the banner, here is the link (it is too big to show an img of)...

http://ultimatesuperheroreview.sasktelw ... Banner.jpg

Sorry I haven't been around a lot I've been drawing covers for a Marvel Fan site. I can't show you the covers I've drawn so far (until they are released to the public), however I can show you a banner I drew for their site.

I am not used to drawing Marvel characters, so hopefully I did a good enough job for you to recognize them all. :)

I've committed to drawing four monthly covers for their fan fiction writers, so that is currently keeping me out of toruble. It is also forcing me to draw compositions of multiple characters, backgrounds, and other fun stuff. I believe this is improving my drawing skills (I hope it is anyways).

Anyways I hope you like the banner, here is the link (it is too big to show an img of)...

http://ultimatesuperheroreview.sasktelw ... Banner.jpg

I really wish sometimes that I had any skills to judge art. :)

I've taken a look at your colorization of the last two pictures or so, Taser's color, and Gears' color. TO be honset,, to an untrained eye (meaning mine), there's little difference. It seems the new style of coloring that your using is working out for you!

One point of unease in the Gears and Tess picture is her gun. In the finished colored version, you decided to add a light ring near the barrel. Is that supposed to be a light or just the reflection of light? It might have been better to simply leave it out. Of course, I still love the job you have done and I have no skill to truly give a helpful comment. I do hope the Marvel covers work out for you. I suspect that you'll do a fantastic job them anyway!

BTW, I really liked 'The Ghost' look! I thought it was funny that here, I have a character with the same name. Good thing they aren't both here or I'd have to change my name!

Again, keep up the great work!

I really wish sometimes that I had any skills to judge art. :)

I've taken a look at your colorization of the last two pictures or so, Taser's color, and Gears' color. TO be honset,, to an untrained eye (meaning mine), there's little difference. It seems the new style of coloring that your using is working out for you!

One point of unease in the Gears and Tess picture is her gun. In the finished colored version, you decided to add a light ring near the barrel. Is that supposed to be a light or just the reflection of light? It might have been better to simply leave it out. Of course, I still love the job you have done and I have no skill to truly give a helpful comment. I do hope the Marvel covers work out for you. I suspect that you'll do a fantastic job them anyway!

BTW, I really liked 'The Ghost' look! I thought it was funny that here, I have a character with the same name. Good thing they aren't both here or I'd have to change my name!

Again, keep up the great work!