Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Drawings Thread

Mr. Fantastic

Something was missingin her waist area, so I made a little lightning pattern there and updated the picture. She wants a dynamic pose, and a Secret ID picture as well. I am guessing when my other players see that they will want me to do theirs as well. It will probably look like favoritism in the M&M group if I don't. The good news is we are having a 2 week break between todays session and the next one, so maybe I can get all the pencils done for the other two characters as well by then. I am wanting to draw the villains I am using in my campaign as well so the players have an idea what they look like (especially the ones I will be using more than once). Man suddenly I have a TON to draw. I have a week of holidays booked in the third week of March, might have to "power draw" during that time.

I posted this picture for feedback on one other forum, and within a few hours got 2 PMs requesting me to draw their characters, and no replies to the post... So I am guessing the costume design my wife did was pretty good, as I haven't received any negative feedback as of yet. Most people in that other forum usually only post if there is something they do not like about the drawing, or they are trying to suck up to a "published" pro who is posting there hoping they will get some free art I am sure.

It takes me roughly 5-6 hours to color a penciled drawing, and only 1-2 hour to draw it. So I can draw 3 pictures in the time it takes to color one. My colorizing is not very good, and sometimes the pencil drawing looks better than the colorized one, so I am wondering if it is worth the effort to color them at all... :|

I need to meet a few people who are good at colorizing/inking but doesn't like drawing, heh heh. :)

Oh. I don't know if any of you are comic collectors, but With the new marvel comic "The Exiles", Tom Grummett is the artist of that comic. He happens to live here in Canada, and "happened" to sign my first issue of the comic yesterday... So I was very excited. I have one other comic with his signature on it, and it was a comic he created and did prior to getting famous and working for DC and Marvel. :D

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something was missingin her waist area, so I made a little lightning pattern there and updated the picture. She wants a dynamic pose, and a Secret ID picture as well. I am guessing when my other players see that they will want me to do theirs as well. It will probably look like favoritism in the M&M group if I don't. The good news is we are having a 2 week break between todays session and the next one, so maybe I can get all the pencils done for the other two characters as well by then. I am wanting to draw the villains I am using in my campaign as well so the players have an idea what they look like (especially the ones I will be using more than once). Man suddenly I have a TON to draw. I have a week of holidays booked in the third week of March, might have to "power draw" during that time.

I posted this picture for feedback on one other forum, and within a few hours got 2 PMs requesting me to draw their characters, and no replies to the post... So I am guessing the costume design my wife did was pretty good, as I haven't received any negative feedback as of yet. Most people in that other forum usually only post if there is something they do not like about the drawing, or they are trying to suck up to a "published" pro who is posting there hoping they will get some free art I am sure.

It takes me roughly 5-6 hours to color a penciled drawing, and only 1-2 hour to draw it. So I can draw 3 pictures in the time it takes to color one. My colorizing is not very good, and sometimes the pencil drawing looks better than the colorized one, so I am wondering if it is worth the effort to color them at all... :|

I need to meet a few people who are good at colorizing/inking but doesn't like drawing, heh heh. :)

Oh. I don't know if any of you are comic collectors, but With the new marvel comic "The Exiles", Tom Grummett is the artist of that comic. He happens to live here in Canada, and "happened" to sign my first issue of the comic yesterday... So I was very excited. I have one other comic with his signature on it, and it was a comic he created and did prior to getting famous and working for DC and Marvel. :D

Well I just finished drawing the second hero in my M&M Campaign.

His name is "The Ghost". He is a Paramedic by trade, and he has quick change. Basically he takes off his jacket (with all the paramedic symbols on it), throws on his headset, and a few holsters and he is ready to go. This is a picture of him changing into his costume, heh heh. So his costume is a paramedic uniform without the jacket. The black suit you see underneath his paramedic outfit is his darksuit (device). When he wants to go really covert, he takes off his paramedic stuff, and goes with the daksuit. His Shoulder belt (teleportation), darksuit (intangibility, protection, etc) and one of his guns (a plasma control gun) are his 3 devices. He likes to use a standard gun with rubber bullets to handle the thugs.

Anyways here is Taser and The Ghost side by side so you can see two of the three members of the team in one view.

The-Ghost.jpgTazer3.jpg

Well I just finished drawing the second hero in my M&M Campaign.

His name is "The Ghost". He is a Paramedic by trade, and he has quick change. Basically he takes off his jacket (with all the paramedic symbols on it), throws on his headset, and a few holsters and he is ready to go. This is a picture of him changing into his costume, heh heh. So his costume is a paramedic uniform without the jacket. The black suit you see underneath his paramedic outfit is his darksuit (device). When he wants to go really covert, he takes off his paramedic stuff, and goes with the daksuit. His Shoulder belt (teleportation), darksuit (intangibility, protection, etc) and one of his guns (a plasma control gun) are his 3 devices. He likes to use a standard gun with rubber bullets to handle the thugs.

Anyways here is Taser and The Ghost side by side so you can see two of the three members of the team in one view.

The-Ghost.jpgTazer3.jpg

In the team :) I was just thinking that they seemed to be very different heroes. Although it's possible I am very wrong, it looked like Ghost was more street level whilst Tesla was more the traditional super hero type, even though they're both the same PL.

I just remember in the last FtF game I GM'd, the dark suited avenger didn't get on well with the flashy paragon - made things quite interesting.

In the team :) I was just thinking that they seemed to be very different heroes. Although it's possible I am very wrong, it looked like Ghost was more street level whilst Tesla was more the traditional super hero type, even though they're both the same PL.

I just remember in the last FtF game I GM'd, the dark suited avenger didn't get on well with the flashy paragon - made things quite interesting.

Oh, I have the writeup on this site here.

http://ultimatesuperheroreview.sasktelw ... utline.htm

Just go to Session 1, that is where they met.

If you don't have time to read the whole thing I will give you the quick and dirty story.

Basically:

Taser went to go save her brother (drug addict) from some seedy people in the warehouse district. There happened to be something else going down at the same time in the same warehouse which drew The Ghost. Both ended up bumping into each other inadvertently when they were scoping out the situation. They agreed to work together. They did a great job working together to deal with the situation. Instead of each of them working alone they felt their powers complemented each other and they were stronger as a team. So they teamed up.

SALVAGE was just introduced today (his write up and how he joined is in the Session 2 link. It is more complicated... heh heh.

Oh, I have the writeup on this site here.

http://ultimatesuperheroreview.sasktelw ... utline.htm

Just go to Session 1, that is where they met.

If you don't have time to read the whole thing I will give you the quick and dirty story.

Basically:

Taser went to go save her brother (drug addict) from some seedy people in the warehouse district. There happened to be something else going down at the same time in the same warehouse which drew The Ghost. Both ended up bumping into each other inadvertently when they were scoping out the situation. They agreed to work together. They did a great job working together to deal with the situation. Instead of each of them working alone they felt their powers complemented each other and they were stronger as a team. So they teamed up.

SALVAGE was just introduced today (his write up and how he joined is in the Session 2 link. It is more complicated... heh heh.

I just drew this for Novac (on the M&M official forums). He requested it via PM and I really love the concept. I plan on using the duo as a villain team in my own M&M campaign.

Anyways, here it is. I will color it once he gives the go ahead that he is happy with it.

The dude is named "Gears" and the little girl is "Tess LaCoil".

Check his thread for the details on these two characters.

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=27338

I call this picture, "Tess cover me while I check my Blackberry..."

Gears-and-Tess-LaCoil.jpg