GM

Inside the room, everything continues to shift and change between the two states, back and forth as they watch.

With some reluctance, one of the technicians hands the tablet with the data over to Rewind, while another adresses Madame Raven. "No, we don't know what will happen. No one has been in there since the shifts began. Z-Space Radiation can be... tricky. What if it pulls your arm to the other side, but not the rest of you? We don't even know what will happen in there if... If we step inside, I mean."

He pauses, looking at the others. They all seem to agree. For the mockery of not being a part of the family, they seem more than happy to let this newer group take the reigns.

Inside the room, a teddy bear appears on the bed.

It is holding a piece of paper.

"Well, that's definitely...interesting." Dwyane mumbled, looking back and forth at the bear in the room and the bear in Rex's hands. "Same bear, different dimension, you think?" he asked the others. "I don't suppose some of this equipment could do a more detailed analysis and see if we're dealing with a copy."

He hadn't even, and wasn't going to, acknowledge the remark given to Rex and the others; he had heard worse, and he wasn't going to raise up to a simple taunt like that. 

"I could try to do some distance perception on it but obviously it wouldn't be a scientific sensory like the equipment can probably do."

The Dreamer 

The Dreamer was pretty sure Rex misunderstood her reasoning for giving him the Bear, taking a long moment to consider if she should explain when the bear appeared in the room. She considers the theory Dwayne posits that it's a duplicate of her bear, a small frown flickering across her face as she considers it.

With a slow exhale, she Dreams of the bear lifting into the air, and floating towards them to hover in the middle of the group. She looks at the plush toy, noting the piece of paper it is holding. "Curiouser and Curiouser." She looks over to Madame Raven as she says it, before continuing. "Perhaps it would be prudent to perform a scan before we read the letter?"

Madam Raven

Callie was trying to take in all the information that she could, whilst entering the room would be the easiest way to gather Intel that was obviously out as an option!

"It could be some kind of temporal displacement or the room could be self-aware and trying to communicate with us..." she was musing to herself whilst waiting for those skilled in such areas to provide more information

"Good think I can deal with six impossible things before breakfast!" she playfully shot back to Dreamer "But I agree we should do all the necessary scans before we do anything rash!"

Rex Atom

"No, I don't think it's the same bear... unless you dreamt of that bear?" Rex asks the Dreamer. He had read up on her and everyone else here, and what they can do. She could theoretically do that, but it would be too much of a coincidence. Even more so than the group encountering an anomaly like that before they have even formed.

He agrees with both her and Raven, though, and glances over at some of the scanners. "You mind?" he asks the technician, as he looks over the readings. 

It is kind of what he expected. Close enough, at least.

"The bear's absolutely saturated with Z-Space radiation." So, what then? Continue to play it cautious, or actually do something?

With a slightly crooked smile on his lips, he returns the other bear to the Dreamer.

"How about a leap of faith?" 

He reaches out for the bear, takes the piece of paper and turns it around to read it.

Posted (edited)

GM

The small bear floats over, like it is dancing in the air, until it finds itself in the middle of the group, where it stays, still holding the piece of paper, as the group discuss what to do, the scans necessary, what to do about it.

They can all hear a faint murmur. Mumblings, like a distant voice that they can't quite hear. 

The moment Rex takes the paper, the voice comes through completely clear, like he just established a perfect connection. 

"Mom?.......Tesla?......Can anyone hear me?" a young woman's voice says, slightly garbled, broken slightly by static. 

The piece of paper only holds a single word, hastily scrawled down in black marker.

HELP

Rex looks at it briefly. His expression grows determined.

"I won't fault anyone staying behind, but this just became a rescue mission. I'm going in there. Prepare for Z-Space breach."

Edited by RocketLord

"Come now, Rex." Dwayne said almost teasingly to the younger man as he adjusts his suit and checks his alien watch. "If I wasn't up for some rescue work, I wouldn't have been an EMT, and I definitely wouldn't have taken the offer to join the family." he looked across, to the other room, the portal and the different dimension, and nodded.

"I'm ready when everyone else is, so let's get to it; we can't know what's on the other side until we get there, I would assume? So we'll have to be careful and keep our wits about us. But I'm sure we can managed whatever is going on." He said confidently. "And if someone's in need of help, then there's no way I can look away."

The Dreamer 

The Dreamer's expression changed little when the note was shown, just a slight pursing of her lips and a fire entering her eyes. The dreams that had previously been wistfully frolicking around froze for a moment before crowding around The Dreamer, themselves seeming ready to leap into action as she spoke.

"I will not stand by while someone is in danger. I am coming with you Rex."