Study Group: Aquarium Excursion (OOC)

Ok, we'll roll some Initiative here.

For being a good sport about letting Spaceman get blasted back into the main area, we'll give him a HP.

Valid Knowledge checks are Current Events, Pop Culture, and Streetwise.

Spaceman: 4HP

Rot: 1HP

Puma: 3HP

Star: Initiative: 1d20: 7 1HP, Knowledge: Knowledge: Current Events: 1d20+7: 9

Sentry Taurus (Pink): Initiative: 1d20: 15

Sentry Scorpio (Green): Initiative: 1d20+8: 25

Sentry Orion (Orange): Initiative: 1d20+6: 12

Sentry Draco (Purple): Initiative: 1d20+2: 14

That's a lot of stuff...

Brutal!

Knowledge Results:  At 10+, even untrained, Puma is aware of a gang called the Starblights who have been causing a lot of trouble lately,

At 15+, Rot knows that, but also knows specifically that the Starblights are a group of dropout highschool girls who suddenly became superheroes one day, but have recently gone from Superheroines to Super Delinquents. However, there are only supposed to be 5 of them; a Blue, a Red, a Green, and Orange, and a Pink. No one ever said anything about a Purple one. In fact, they actually primarily are a South Side group, so Rot may have been aware of them- either as Heroes or as Villains- from before she got transferred to Claremont. They're the same age as the Study Group though.

Now, onto the damage.

Sentry Scorpio Toughness: 1d20+4: 12 That is STAGGERED AND DAZED

Sentry Orion Toughness: 1d20+7: 22 that is BRUISED

Puma: 3HP, 26

Scorpio (Jenny): 25 - Staggered

Rot: 1HP, 21

Taurus (Zoe): 15, Interposing as Needed

Draco (Ashley): 14

Orion: 12 - 1x Bruised

Star: 1HP, 7

Spaceman: 4HP, 5, Interposing as needed.

That leads Directly into the Dazed Scorpio's turn, and she'll has to clear her Dazed condition. At which point Taurus will prepare to Interpose for her if she is hit again.

Which makes it Rot's Turn.

Also for reference, here is an image of the entire group. The Blue and Red ones are not here right now, but it should not be hard to figure out where they are given what else you know and what other threads I'm running 😛

Edited by Poncho

Rot will charge (+2 to hit) at Draco to land her withering strikes melee attack. She rolls a 28, which is a critical with her improved critical.

So with the +5 critical damage bonus, that's a rank 12 toughness drain (fort save) and a rank 12 damage effect. But, she also has Autofire on that attack, so add a rank to the effects for every 2 points 28 exceeds the number needed to hit. Yikes!

Alright, Let's make some rolls on that;

Fortitude: 1d20+13: 24 This is a fail by 2 points, which drains her Toughness by 2

Toughness: 1d20+11: 21 This is a Fail by 4 points, which Bruises her.

Now to clarify, since those saves are quite high; Draco is not actually intending to knuckle down on people here. She is just going to be shooting beams for a bit. So while her numbers are high, she's not here to beat everyone up. So don't worry about that.

That also means that Rot just successfully damaged someone who is significantly above her in PL, so that's, in my opinion, quite terrifying and the narrative will reflect just how spectacular that is.

Once Huck describes their attack IC, I will take the turns for Taurus, Draco, Orion, and Michael and it will then be RL's turn.

Puma: 3HP, 26

Taurus (Zoe): 15, Interposing as Needed

Draco (Ashley): 14, 1x Bruised, Toughness -1

Spaceman: 4HP, 5, Interposing as needed.

Alright, turn Sequence.

Taurus: All-Out attack on Puma, but Michael will Interpose

Attack Roll: 1d20+8: 22

Hits. Toughness Save DC is: 26

Golden Star Toughness: 1d20+9: 26

Barely Makes it.

Ashley: All-Out Attack on Rot. This is PROBABLY the interpose from Spaceman here? Her blasts are Autofire and Knockback 5, so they knockback at damage +5; they're designed to be terrifying. Remember that, technically, Interpose needs to be before you actually see this attack roll, so it's spoilered, but RL gets to decide if he's going to or not before the attack is launched.

Spoiler

LASER BLAST: 1d20+17: 20 

The Damage DC is 8 + 1 for every two ranks above their Defense. Calculations are below:

Against Spaceman the DC is (20-15) / 2, or 3, +8.  8 + 3 = 11, so that's a Toughness save of 26. The Knockback is 11 + 5 - 18, for a net of -3

Against Rot the DC is (20 - 13) / 2, or 4 + 8. 4 + 8 = 12, so that's a Toughness save of 27. The Knockback is 12 + 5 -8, for a net of 9.

Orion: Regular Attack on Puma.

Attack Roll: 1d20+7: 12

That misses, but it's got homing 2: it will reoccur at Puma for the next 2 rounds unless Orion is knocked out.

Star: Regular Attack on Taurus

Attack Roll: 1d20+7: 9

Big Whiff!

It is now Spaceman's Turn, followed by Puma.

-------------------------

Puma: 3HP, 26, being targeted for 2 more rounds by Orion's Bolt.

Taurus (Zoe): 15, Interposing as Needed, Defense -5

Draco (Ashley): 14, 1x Bruised, Toughness -2 until next round, Defense -5

Spaceman: 4HP, 5, Interposing as needed

Edited by Poncho

Would be OOC of Parker to not Interpose, even though Consuelo can take a hit better than him atm, so he is going to Interpose, even if Rot can take a hit better than him now. She can yell at him later.

TOU save: 13

I'm gonna spend a HP to reroll that: 24

There we go, a Bruise for Parker, and he is not tossed back.

Gonna switch the Personal Space Control Array to Super-Strength, and then Spaceman is going to punch Draco, especially while she's weakened: 19

That hopefully hits, given Draco's lowered Defense, so that's DC23 TOU save, and then I use Improved Grab to establish a grapple, with a Grapple Check at 41

If the Grapple succeeds, I'll also apply the Chokehold feat, so a DC10 Fort save vs. Suffocation.

I'd like to know if the grapple is established or not before I do my IC.

Edited by RocketLord

Alright. That does hit, so first the toughness save.

Toughness Save: 1d20+11: 20 this is actually wrong due the Bruise; she saves at 10, so it's 19, but that's still within 4, so it just adds another Bruise.

Then comes the grapple check.

Grapple check: 1d20+25: 43

So she rolls exceptionally well and Parker rolled below average so she just barely escapes it if I understand it? 

As for Rot; she can start using her PL 8 as soon as the Initiative rolls over, which is, as it happens, directly after Spaceman's turn finishes, which is right now!

-------------------------

Puma: 3HP, 26, being targeted for 2 more rounds by Orion's Bolt.

Draco (Ashley): 14, 2x Bruised, Toughness -2 until her turn, Defense -5

Star: 1HP, 7, Interposing as needed

Spaceman: 3HP, 5, Interposing as needed, 1x Bruise

23 On Puma's Acrobatic Bluff (Feint) against Orion, girl in Orange that shot the arrow at her that missed. Will then spend an HP to Surge and avoid tiring herself, and attack her with a Claw strike of 19. If the Feint worked, it's a Surprise Attack technically.

Feint Opposing: 1d20+5: 8

So that's a major hit, at the DC 23, and she's Bruised already.

Toughness Save: 1d20+6: 20

Another Bruise!

Puma: 2HP, 26, being targeted for 2 more rounds by Orion's Bolt.

Draco (Ashley): 14, 2x Bruised, Toughness -2 until her turn, Defense -5

Orion: 12 - 2x Bruised

Spaceman: 3HP, 5, Interposing as needed, 1x Bruise

Get your IC and then I'll do Jenny's turn.

Ok, after a making sure all my ducks are in a row in the discord, it is Scorpio's turn.

As she is staggered and can only take a single action, she is going to lash out at Puma.

Attack roll: 1d20+10: 18

This matches Puma's defense, which counts as a hit. This is a Linked Damage and Nauseate effect, as magical scorpion venom enters her veins.

DC 19 Toughness, DC 14 Fortitude; the failures for Fortitude are; any failure is Sickened, a -2 penalty to attacks and checks, a failure by 5 or more is Nauseated, which restricts the character to only a single move action in a round, and a failure by 10 or more then they are Helpless. 

once the saves are made, I will post IC and it will be Rot's turn.

And now it is Rot's turn.

Puma: 2HP, 26, being targeted for 2 more rounds by Orion's Bolt.

Scorpio (Jenny): 25 - Staggered

Draco (Ashley): 14, 2x Bruised, Toughness -2 until her turn, Defense -5

On her turn, first Rot will take the -5 penalty to attempt an Intimidate check to demoralize Draco (1 round Shaken) with her movement action. She gets a 21, which I believe is now Draco's target for the higher of her Willpower save or Intimidate modifier to avoid the Shaken condition.

For her standard action, she will make a precise attack (just +2, doesn't have the feat) with her Poof! power while Draco still has the -5 defense. She rolls a 24 to hit.

So, assuming that hits, it would be a rank 11 Toughness Drain and a rank 11 damage. If Draco is Shaken, she'll be at -2 on that Fortitude,  and for Toughness, she's looking at -2 from Drain, -2 from bruised, and possibly -2 from Shaken. 

Edited by Huckleberry

alright, this is a big one.

Will Vs Intimidate: 1d20+8: 24

She escapes the Shaken. Her Defense is still shot from the All Out Attack, plus the Bruises and Toughness Penalty. It's bad enough that Taurus will Interpose for her, to protect the Quarterback.

With Taurus' Defense equally dropped, she's getting hit. That means a Difficulty 21 Fortitude and then a Difficulty 26 Damage roll.

Fortitude: 1d20+8: 11

That's a complete fail, dropping her Toughness by 10 points. That means she's only got 3 toughness on this save.

Toughness: 1d20+3: 17

That is a fail by 9, which is Dazed and Bruised. and her Toughness is still shot for the turn. It also costs her her turn.

Everything past this is after Rot's turn. So Huck can make his post about the stuff above this.

-----------------------------------------

That means it goes to Draco, whose decided that Parker's the more interesting target for a Paragon slapfight.

Attack Roll: 1d20+7: 22

That looks like a hit, with a DC 28 Toughness Save.

Orion is going to turn her attention to Michael, since her homing attack is already targeting Carmen.

Attack Roll on Carmen: 1d20+7: 22

Attack Roll on Michael: 1d20+7: 22

These are saves at DC 22.

Toughness: 1d20+9: 13 That's bad. Well I'll Hero Point it.

Toughness: 1d20+9: 26 Okay, that's a Save. But it does sort of mess up my plan. But that just shows me I should get some Luck.

Michael is going to target the very beaten down Taurus and try to get at least one person out of this fight

Attack Roll: 1d20+7: 22

that's a DC 24 save Zoe has to make, at Toughness 2. Surely this can put her down.

Toughness: 1d20+2: 16

nope, just Dazed and Bruised again. her Toughness is now 1 until her next turn

Once Huck does his Rot post, I will do the GM IC post, then a Michael post, and then it will be RL and Puma's turn. What I need from players at this point for saves;

Spaceman; If he was hit by Draco, DC 28 Toughness Save

Puma; If she was hit by the Orion Bolt, DC 22 Toughness Save

Puma: 2HP, 26.

Scorpio (Jenny): 25 - Staggered

Taurus (Zoe): 15, Dazed, 2x Bruised, -10 Toughness

Draco (Ashley): 14, 2x Bruised

Star: 0HP, 7, Interposing as needed