Battles Under The Big Top (OOC)

Poncho

• 3 weeks later...

Alright; let's get some Notice rolls and Initiative rolls.

For Shooting Star, you're interposing a Semi-truck slamming into the armored car, there's no way the car can get out of the way, so you have to take the hit, but you can have a HP for the complication and for putting your body on the line to protect the civilians, so go ahead and make a post for that and a Toughness Save at DC 26, right above your Impervious Threshold.

For Predator, anything about where you were right before the 18 wheeler hit is good, so I know roughly where you're starting.

Once I get the Notice and Initiative, the scene will be described in greater detail.

Predator: 4HP

Shooting Star: 4HP

Alright let's see;

Clone Clown Initiative Roll: 1d20+2: 19

10 Minions of Clone Clown advancing on Predator + 1 actual Clone Clown hanging back

Saw Machine Initiative Roll: 1d20+1: 19

Saw Machine is focusing on cutting open the armored car.

The Smasher Initiative Roll: 1d20+1: 19

Well, those are some incredibly good rolls, so I guess they're going first. Neither of you are flat footed because you saw them coming, they're just faster on the draw.

19 - Clone Clown - Unharmed

19 - Clone Clown Clones - 5x Minions

19 - Saw Machine - Unharmed

19 - The Smasher - Unharmed

16 - Predator - 4HP - Unharmed

4 - Shooting Star - 4HP - Unharmed

4 Clone Clown Clones are going to aid the 5th Clone Clown Clone in attempting to punch Predator in the face, adding +8 to his attack, which he is going to spend Power Attacking for -5 +5.

Attack Roll: 1d20+13: 31

Which I believe hits her; the save DC on this is going to be DC 26 TOUGHNESS on the attack if it hits.

The Saw Machine will spend it's turn slicing open the Truck; it has now been opened and Clone Clown (The Original) can get into it on his next turn.

The Smasher is going to try and smash, as is their prerogative! Targeting Shooting Star.

Smasher Attack Roll: 1d20+5: 16

on this one, the save DC is DC 30 TOUGHNESS

And after ALL OF THAT, it is Predator's turn, then Shooting Star's.

Reflex Saves: 5#1d20+6: 25 9 11 7 9

So only the first clown saves. He saves against DC 12, the rest save against DC25.

Toughness Save: 5#1d20+8: 21 15 14 11 12

So Clone Clown Clone 1 is okay. All the others, being minions and just rolling like garbage anyway, are immediately KO'd and knocked back. When they are KO'd, they explode into balloons and chewing gum, so you may describe your goon sweep and then it will be Shooting Star's turn.

Okay, Star is gonna try to grapple the Smasher, All-Out-Attacking her Defense Bonus to 0, for a total +10 Attack

To Hit, 1d20+10 = 29

To Grapple, 1d20+26 = 38

And, if it fails to resist the grapple then she is gonna try to throw it at the Saw Machine, her maximum throwing distance is 100ft. so the range increment is 20ft.

If it's toughness exceeds her strength (Over +15) she receives a bonus equal to the difference up to +2, and if it's greater than Large Size, then it uses the Area Attack Rules.

Rolling to hit the Saw Machine (Still All-Out-Attacking): 1d20+10 = 11

I'm uh, gonna reroll that, HP spent. 1d20+10 = 24 (Under 10 so +10) 

Alright, let's see;

The Attack Hits! Next is the Grapple Roll;

Grapple Roll: 1d20+20: 24

a Failure by 38 - 24 = 14

This gets you the full benefit, but you are throwing instead.  So it hits the Saw, which then has to save against DC 30, while The Smasher saves against DC 22, which is half of the damage done to the Saw.

The Saw Toughness Save: 1d20+15: 31 Saved!

The Smasher Toughness Save: 1d20+15: 20 Failed by 1 degree! It is now Bruised!

19 - Clone Clown Clones - 1x Minions, 4x Unconscious Minions

19 - The Smasher - 1x Bruised

16 - Predator - 2HP - 1x Bruised

4 - Shooting Star - 3HP - Unharmed

Describe your post and then I will wrap the turn back to Predator!

Alright, here's our sequence;

Clone Clown is continuing to grab the gear.

Clone Clown Clone is attacking Predator

Saw and Smasher are attempting to break through Shooting Star with her Defense Lowered;

Attack Roll:1d20+14: 22 Clone Clown Clone on Predator; the Damage is +6, so it hits but bounces off her Impervious!

Attack Roll: 1d20+5: 13 Saw on Shooting Star; The Damage is +15, so DC 30 Toughness

Attack Roll: 1d20+5: 23 Smasher on Shooting Star; The Damage is also +15 so DC 30 Toughness

And then Predator's turn

Toughness Save: 1d20+6: 19

A failed save on a Minion Knocks It Out!

19 - Clone Clown Clones - 5x Unconscious Minions

4 - Shooting Star - 3HP - Unharmed

The Clone Clown Clones are all Out, leaving just the original and t he two machines!

Okay, Toughness saves!

Save 1 1d20+8 = 23 I'd really rather not...

Hero point Reroll 1d20+15+10 = 30

Save 2 1d20+15 = 20, yyyyikes. Alright game, I see how it is. 

Hero point reroll numero dos... 1d20+15+10 = 35, oh thank God.

Okay, Alice is just gonna bean one of them, no tradeoff this time. 1d20+5 = 6 gee, so many good rolls this round...

-__-

With that Star would retreat back to where Predator and the Clown are, trying to bar the way into the car with her body and be ready to Interpose for Predator or any of the STAR Labs people if something attacks them.

Edited by Kaede Kimura

Alright, the roll gets you this;

The Machines are being remote controlled from far away, so if you could figure out a way to disrupt the signal, perhaps you could stop them. However, at the same time, the machines are attacking Predator and Shooting Star, but Shooting Star interposes between Predator, taking both attacks herself!

Clone Clown is not attacking because he is holding the armor.

The Saw Attack Roll: 1d20+5: 21

The Smasher Attack Roll: 1d20+5: 6

4 - Shooting Star - 2HP - Unharmed

That is a single DC30 Toughness Save on Shooting Star, and Predator can take their Turn.

I would say like...

Stun (+Ranged, +Area (General), Flaw: Limited to Machines, 3pp/rank.

Which at 30pp of the combat array, gets to exactly 10, the cap due to it not being available for trade-offs. So the Machines would roll Reflex, then Toughness saves against the effect to avoid the effects, modified by their weakness to electrical effects.

Alright! No worries about misisng on AOEs! Which is helpful given how this thread's rolls have been going...

So first their Reflex Saves against DC 20 (10 + 10)

Smasher Reflex Save: 1d20+4: 11

Saw Reflex Save: 1d20+4: 8

Both Fail! That means that they have to save against DC 25, but since they're Moderately Vulnerable against Electrical Effects, it boosts the damage up by 50%, so it's DC 30 for both.

Smasher Toughness: 1d20+15: 27

That's the Smasher, which adds ANOTHER Bruise to it.

Saw Toughness: 1d20+15 20

That's the Saw, which fails by 10 or more, which is Staggered and Dazed.

19 - Saw Machine - Staggered, Dazed

19 - The Smasher - 2x Bruised

4 - Shooting Star - 2HP - Unharmed

I am giving both PCs a free Hero Point here because I believe that I overtuned these, and I am lowering their stats. Please accept this Mea Culpa.

It is Shooting Star's Turn, which we will cut the required save down to DC28 Toughness, and then they may take their turn.

Woo, free Hero Points! Mostly I think it's just the fact that very strong brawlers in this system kinda end up pasting each other rapidly than having longer fights. This combined with the somewhat interesting rolling so far made for a somewhat unbalanced affair, but the rolling is hardly anyone's fault.

Toughness save, 1d20+15 = 26, I'll accept a bruise.

Anyway, Star has a golden opportunity that I hope my rolling allows for, she's gonna grab the Clown. (The temptation to also throw him is SO GREAT) Anyway, All-Out Attack since Alice wants to, y'know, hit.

1d20+10 = 18, this I will reroll. 1d20+10 = 24

Much better, assuming that hit, 1d20+26 = 42 at which point Star would start ascending as her move action, I think that needs another Grapple, but I'll wait for followup post.