Timeout

Quirk regarded Consuelo and her comments with a look of amusement, then he considered both the green-haired girl and Mizuki as they asked Lawrence about the warning. "Say…have you been keeping secrets from your friends Lawrence?" Quirk said with a bit of a grin.

"Oooooo." Exclaimed the little girl in the princess dress in his arms, who suddenly had a bag of popcorn in hand that she began eating as she watched the scene before here.

Lawrence let out a small sigh as he looked over at Consuelo and Mizuki. "Yes, but it is rather complicated to fully explain, and…would require me telling secrets that are not mine to revel. But, Quirk is talking about an entity that tried to kidnap me when I was ten." The blond teen then looked back at Quirk. "But he of course he just gives me vague warnings, the first of which was four years ago. If the entity is coming for me again, he is taking his time in doing so."

Quirk chuckled. "Oh, you of all people should understand that time is a fluid concept to beings like me and your mysterious friend. He will act when he is ready to act." Quirk then turned to regard Consuelo again, giving her a little smile. "Admire your spunk kid, you are much more fun than a lot of the super serious stiffs I seem to encounter among the superhero crowd. There are more than a few cosmic beings that have an eye on Lawrence here. Some are content to just watch, others, see power they want. Me? I see the perfect person to play games with."

With that, he looked back to Lawrence. "Well, fun times over, need to put the little one to bed." He jostled the little girl in his arm. "Next time I won't wait so long to look you up again Lawrence." And then Quirk snapped his fingers.

The teens were then back in the Main Quad at Claremont Academy, Vicki back with them and seeming a bit confused and upset. They had their book bags once more and even the lingering soreness Consuelo had been feeling from the Omegadrone’s pike and Mindfire’s mental attack were completely gone. Several other students were in the area, several seemingly confused and looking around as if they had been somewhere else as well.

"Mr. Harrow." Came the voice of Headmistress Summers, who appeared behind the group. "I take it Quirk had another warning?"

Lawrence turned to regard the headmistress. "Yes mum."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torpedo Lass II

When Mizuki looked about post-snap, she was glad all of her belongings were where they should be, but then she looked at her clothes.

It seemed that Quirk heard Mizuki's comparisons of them to Q... and reacted accordingly as now she was wearing a Starfleet Uniform. Science Division Blue. Looks like 2402 standard. A note was in a pocket on her pants that just read: "Until the next time, Mon Capitan..." Straightening out the neck of the outfit she felt the four pips on the neck. Didn't feel right, but this was Quirk we were talking about... she thought she was an Ensign at best...

She cleared those thoughts out of her head with a sigh as she walked over to the Headmistress and Lawrence, putting her hand on Lawrence's shoulder. "Ya good?" She said then making a polite nod to Headmistress Summers. Seems they got stuck into something major, as other students got kidnapped into Quirk's games as well. Best to let the adult debrief everyone at this point...

Edited by The Sailor

Rot

"Right back atcha." Consuelo makes finger guns at Quirk in a gesture of mutual admiration. "Give me a jingle next time you feel like torturing Lawrence. Got a couple ideas I've been working up." 

SNAP

Back to reality, the toy reindeer antlers that had somehow managed to stay on Rot's head all day so far finally succumb to her latent disintegration effect. SSSHPROING! Consuelo looks at their sad little remains on the Quad grounds. "Dang it! I miss those things already. Sure wish I coul un-disintegrate stuff. . . ." 

She looks up at her returned classmates. "Thanks for inviting me to your bumper car party, L-Dog. But next time, can we go somewhere a little bit warmer? My sweater is getting kinda, like, threadbare, you know?"

"Mizuki, you're a real pal. I was rooting for you the whole time, by the way." She leans in close and whispers. "Between, like, you an' me, I think Lawrence might have cheated and used his powers.  . . . Wait a minute - when did you change into cosplay? . . . Um . . . I mean I, uh, really like your new superhero outfit.. . ."

Timeout

Lawrence gave Mizuki a small nod and a smile when she asked him if he was okay. "Let's go to my office to discuss." The Headmistress stated. "Ms. Iwasaki, Ms. Nunez, a teacher will be by to speak with each of you and get some information about your encounter with Quirk." She stated to the two teen girls before she and Lawrence headed off towards the path back to the administrative building.

Epilogue

Another Place, Perhaps Another Time

*Tick*

The sound of mechanical gears echoed through a dimly lit space filled with shadow. The faint clicking and ticking of other mechanical gears was just audible in the space, as a figure concealed under tattered dark robes was slowly moved around the dark chamber, although it was standing still.

*Tok*

The figure again moved with the louder sound of gears, coming around to face a central collection of gears and other mechanisms around which all others seemed to feed. Located in the center of this collection of gears and mechanics was another figure dressed in similarly tattered black robes, which seemed to rise out of the machine itself. Are preparations complete to recover Harrow? The new figure asked the first.

Thanks to the power provided by the singularity, the completion of the traps is almost complete. The first figure replied.

We must recover Harrow, until we do, we are vulnerable to the power of Collapse. The first figure stated.