Jump to content

Recommended Posts

"Well I mean his parents have a pretty big say in things..." she started to say and then realized that she was perhaps being a little to pedantic.  "No!  I mean, you're right, no handing over and we need to be back before 10 PM Eastern Time too!  All of this is so not on the approved list either."

 

Then a little quieter, "but I think the three close to us are all pretty good."

 

Turning to Lawrence she took his hand and asked, "do you know where we are, or more importantly, how we would get back?"

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"Umm.." Lawrence had been about to answer when the robed figure spoke up once more, interrupting him. 

 

"This has become quite tiresome, but it appears I have little choice but to expend more energy on this endeavor."  The figure stated as it waved one of its sleeve covered hands in front of it.

 

As it did so, a dozen figures began to appear spread out along the area between it and those gathered around Lawrence.  They were as assorted as the various aliens the three humans had seen since they had arrived here, with some that appeared reptilian, another that was clearly some sort of giant humanoid insect with four arms, and two humanoids that possessed a varying degree of cybernetics.  Like the simulacrums of Lawrence's parents before, these new figures seemed to have slightly faded colors, almost greyish in tint.

 

As these figures appeared, the large reptilian humanoid near SFX, Rev and Lawrence tensed, as did the female hovering in the air closer towards the new arrivals and the robed figure.

 

Almost as soon as they appeared, some of the summoned figures leapt into action.  The four armed insectoid suddenly moved in a blur of motion, rushing right towards Lawrence at speeds faster than the speed of sound, creating a small sonic boom in its wake.  But at almost the last moment, the large reptilian humanoid stepped over in front of the attacker, blocking its way towards Lawrence.

 

Rather than try to grapple the hulking figure, the insectoid turned aside and continued on past, zipping around the corner of a building and out of sight.

 

Following right behind the first was another of the new simulacrums summoned by the robed figure, a baled humanoid with scales.  It sped forward as well, no nearly as fast, but still fast enough.  As it sped past where the three humans were standing, it aimed a strange looking pistol at Rev and rapidly fired off five blasts of energy at the teenager.  Rev was able to dodge aside and the blasts went wide, the figure then continuing on past several dozen meters.

 

Lawrence tensed between SFX and Rev, but seemed just like he was preparing to dodge any other attacks that might come at him, which happened soon enough.  The next simulacrum to move was a feline humanoid with what looked like dark brown fur (it was difficult to tell given how faded it seemed).  The creature bounded forward quickly, leaping at Lawrence with its arms outstretched to try to grab him.  But Lawrence moved quickly, a bit of a blur himself and dodged aside, narrowly avoiding the attempt.

Share this post


Link to post

Rev

 

"Hands off the Kid!" snarled Rev, determined to protect Lawrence.

 

Man, what a day...

 

...at least we are causing energy expenditure...I mean...that's something....right?

 

She seized the cat (Who had in turn tried to grab Lawrence) with both her hands and held her overhead. "Its like, I am always going bowling with you, Zhu, you know?" she sighed at her friend. 

 

Then she took aim at one of the attackers in front of her, and threw the cat creature hard and fast through the air. Her cybernetic limbs barely felt the strain - this was easy enough work for her, and her aim was satisfyingly true!

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Rev's aim was indeed true, as the feline simulacrum slammed into a female humanoid simulacrum that was incased in rocky armor.  The force of the throw was sufficient that both ended up in a heap on the ground, the feline hurt while the rock covered female appeared at least momentarily dazed.

 

But even as Rev was celebrating her throw, another of the new simulacrums was in motion.  A fully metallic humanoid cyborg that appeared vaguely female leapt into portal that tore open next to it.  At the same moment, a similar portal appeared near Rev, and the cyborg simulacrum dropped out of it, slashing out with a plasma sword that extended from the wrist of its right arm.  The blade slashed Rev along her right arm and shoulder, burning her slightly, as another portal opened parallel with the ground and the cyborg disappeared through it once more, stepping out of another portal on the roof of the building to SFX and Rev's left.

 

Another of the simulacrums, this one a nearly eight foot tall wiry male hairless humanoid with grey toned flesh and rather square and angular features and sharp teeth jutting out of its mouth from the lower jaw started forward, running with a howl of a battle cry as a large glowing mallet of energy appeared in its hands.  It was running towards the large reptoid that had moved to protect Lawrence, but was not able to make it the entire way.

 

One of the flying simulacrums, a female humanoid with dark black skin, short white hair, pointed ears and a pair of black, hawklike wings continued to hover in place as she sent a blast of sonic energy at the female humanoid in white and black.  But the blast missed the target, echoing through the air and off into the distance.

Share this post


Link to post

Galvanic looked on in horror. They'd just been told a disturbance, not twelve superpowered operatives. Or at least facsimiles thereof. And what's more, if the translation being fed to her was correct... they were looking to kidnap a child? This did make it rather simple. A whole team of foes, with two aliens from another world trying to defend the innocent. 

 

Reacting quickly as their foes attacked, Galvanic was about to propel herself into flight, electricity crackling around her like a cloak, when she saw something open a hole in space, flashing through with an energy blade to slash at one of these heroes from another planet. She altered her flight pattern, air displacing with a crack and a boom as she crossed the hundred feet or so in a second, her fist hitting the construct's chest in a rain of sparks. It flew backwards... and backwards... and backwards...

 

Galvanic flew back to hover above the group, facing down the oncoming enemies. A small smile formed on her face as she heard the distant clang of the station wall.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The next simulacrum to act was a male humanoid with light blue skin, dressed in pants and a long robe-like coat that was open in the front exposing his bare chest, on which was a dark purple tattoo vaguely resembling an eye.  The figure focused his gaze on the hovering female humanoid in white and black, and sent a blast of psychic energy at her.

 

The blast struck unerringly, but the target was able to shake off the attack.

 

Another male humanoid simulacrum them moved, rushing forward and leaping into the air so that he arched over toward where Galvanic was hovering.  As he approached, his two cybernetic arms readied the sword he held in hand, slashing at the Tempestian with all his strength as he passed to land a short distance away.  The powerful attack hit, and managed to hurt Galvanic, but she was still far from out of the fight.

Share this post


Link to post

Paradigm

 

After shaking off the mental blast, Paradigm turned her focus on the simulacrum of Pheydyn.  Similar to Galvanic, the Naram suddenly shot forward to slam into the simulacrum and send it crashing into the ground with enough force to smash a small crater around it. 

 

As dust and debris settled from the impact and creation of the crater, Paradigm drifted back toward her initial position, in order to be closer to the three Terrans to try to protect them from any attacks.  "Seresk, continue to guard the Terrans, Magnater, try to pick off the simulacrums of Procyus and Varlis."  She called out in English.

 

<"Galvanic, the hovering female Lor simulacrum is a powerful telekentic, the hovering male in dark clothing can generate electricity, which should not be a problem for you.  The short, squat simulacrum on the ground can disintegrate objects and beings.  The rock covered female the Terran knocked down is incredibly strong and durable.">  She then added, switching to Gal Standard, as she quickly described the abilities of the simulacrums that had not yet acted.

Share this post


Link to post

Zhu

Zhu had never imagined that she would be in the middle of a super powered battle on an alien world.  In fact, she was terrified!  It was one thing to learn about being a hero, it was another to have been chased through time and space and find herself in the middle of a war.  But, at least there was Rev with a quip as she tossed one of the attackers away from her.  It gave her confidence that she could do something to help.

 

Sending the botnet in action, she chose the closest attacker that she could see, which was a warrior with a sword and cybernetic arms.  A large ball of earth rose up to the side of him, perhaps inspired by Rev's bowling comments.  With a twitch of her mind, she executed the command to send the large ball careening towards the frightening warrior.

 

"Okay... can we play something less physical next time?"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The bits of steel and some concrete like substance that SFX pulled up from the ground struck the simulacrum with the cybernetic arms and sword just as he was turning back around to face the group.  The impact knocked him off his feet and sent him flying nearly ten yards to land hard on the ground, barely half conscious.

 

The large reptilian humanoid looked up at Paradigm as he replied.  "Understood Paradigm."  He said in a deep gravely voice and heavily accented English.  He then glanced over his shoulder towards Rev and SFX as he added, "although I am not so certain the Terrans are in need of much protection."  He then turned back to regard the hulking simulacrum that was charging forward while also keeping an eye on the SFX, Rev and Lawreence.

 

One of the hovering simulacrums, a very attractive human looking female, flew forward slightly before sending a telekinetic blast at Paradigm.  But the attack was badly aimed and missed the hovering paragon. 

 

Back behind where SFX and Rev were standing, the dark green skinned alien that had been addressed as Magnetar flew slightly over to one side as he fired a magnetic blast at the speeding reptilian humanoid that had earlier shot at Rev.  The magnetic blast hit the simulacrum, knocking it off its feet and sending it flying into the side of a building, where, it landed on the ground hurt and barley conscious. 

 

Another simulacrum came running forward slightly, a short squat humanoid with three finger on each hand and a stocky build.  The figure raised a hand and sent a beam of energy at Paradigm, which this time struck the Naram, but she seemed completely unfazed by the attack.

 

The last of the flying simulacrums, this one wearing dark clothes and a long coat, drifted forward slightly as he raised his hand and sent a blast of electricity flying towards SFX.  Before the blast had gotten the entire way there, Paradigm flew over to her left, putting herself between SFX and the attack.  The bolt of electricity hit the paragon, but like some of the other attacks against her, seemed to have little effect as it spread out over her torso.

 

Standing up on the building on which it had originally appeared, the robed figure stood with  its arms crossed in front of it, watching the scene before it.

 

Then the speeding figure of the insectoid simulacrum came streaking back around the corner of a building, rushing right towards SFX as it prepared to attack.  Suddenly Seresk was between SFX and the alien, even as the large reptilian swung its spiked tail at the speeding simulacrum.  But the insectoid managed to duck underneath the attack, as it delivered a blindingly fast strike that caused a small *CRACK* when it broke the sound barrier.  The attack struck Seresk squarely in his stomach, but the large reptilian just grunted slightly in pain, holding his ground even as the speedy simulacrum sped off out of sight again.

 

Over where Rev had thrown it, the feline simulacrum kipped itself back up to its feet as its eyes locked onto Rev.  Letting out something of a roar, it rushed forward, leaping at the teenager as it slashed her with its claws…

Share this post


Link to post

Rev

 

Rev raised her arms but felt the claws smash into her chest. 

 

"Ouchy ouch!" she complained, feeling lungs empty of all air and a stab of pain just below her collar bone. She slid through the air and landed on her backside. 

 

"oooh...really ouch ouch...." she complained a bit more weakly. Her bones and flesh had a rather chaotic lattice of ultra hard metal under her skin, woven in, haphazardly but effectively. Certainly helped protect the vital organs from being split, or her bones from being crushed. But still, it was ouchy time, and that cat really hit hard. 

 

"That's not fair" she complained. "The cat is cheating by being fast and strong...."

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

As the cat creature knocked Rev down, some of its teammates continued to press the attack, to varying degrees of success.  The large simulacrum with the glowing mallet created a ramp of glowing blue energy and then rushed up it, charging at Paradigm.  As it reached the paragon, it swung its glowing mallet at her, but Paradigm was able to raise up her right hand and push the swing aside.

 

The winged simulacrum then soared forward, moving over behind Paradigm as she faced the group of heroes gathered around Lawrence.  The simulacrum then released a wide blast of sonic energy, which swept out over the gathered group.  Galvanic and Seresk were both hit by it, but were able to shrug off the attack.  Lawrence just avoided, dodging to one side so Seresk shielded him from the blast.  The feline simulacrum managed to dodge aside, and Magnetar was able to pull away from the outer end of the blast, while SFX took the full brunt of the blast as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Galvanic tilted her head this way and that as the sonic blast dissipated harmlessly, only disrupting the electrical field around her for a second before the lightning coalesced around her once more. There were so many of these foes, and they were so aggressive, assaulting those around her viciously, outnumbering them heavily. 

 

"No," she spat in Galstandard, before moving in a blur, blue light trailing behind her as she burst forwards, colliding with one foe before another crack of thunder struck. The bolt of lightning moved, barely visible to the naked eye, only the blue after-effects lingering, before she'd collided with a second foe... and a third... and a fourth. The four claps of sudden air displacement happened almost simultaneously, leaving only the short woman breathing a little heavily some distance off, a ball of arcing plasma crackling around her.

Share this post


Link to post

Paradigm

 

Galvanic's blurring attack managed to strike all four of her targets.  The cat creature that had attacked Rev was sent flying off its feet, flying over towards the nearby building, but disappearing completely before it struck.  Both the flying simulacrum and the one with the cybernetic arms were hurt by the attack, while the large one fighting Paradigm took the blow with little regard.

 

As Galvanic came to a halt after her sudden attack, Paradigm launched her own against the large figure right in front of her.  First she delivered a powerful left hook that caused the towering simulacrum to take a step back as its head was snapped to one side.  But the Naram paragon immediately followed that up with an equally powerful right haymaker, which hit the simulacrum square in the chest and sent it flying off the glowing ramp it had created.

 

The simulacrum glanced off the pavement, breaking off chunks, and then smashed through a corner of a nearby building and then continued to fly onward out of sight, the sound of another loud impact suggesting it had hit another building further on.

Share this post


Link to post

Zhu

Dodging the sonic attack that washed painfully over them wasn't exactly easy.  Thankfully, her nanites were up to the task and formed a reactive barrier, shielding her from the worst of the effects.  As it crumbled, she decided to keep things simple and a large column rose out of the ground smashing into the floating Not person.  She had hoped to send the woman flying, but it appeared the weathered the attack far better than her partner had!

 

Seeing Rev get knocked back, she turned, "Rev!  Tell me you're all right!"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Seresk looked down at Lawrence who had taken cover behind him from the massive sonic blast that had swept toward them.  "Are you alright little one?"  He asked and when Lawrence nodded in reply, the large reptilian lifted his head back up to keep his eye on the battlefield for any danger to the small Terran.

 

Over near the building on which the mysterious robed figure still stood watching, the rock covered simulacrum climbed back to her feet and then leapt in the air to try to attack Paradigm.  But the paragon saw the attack coming and drifted back slightly, easily getting out of the way of the attack as the simulacrum landed atop the glowing ramp that was still in place. 

 

The attractive looking human simulacrum, flew slightly forward and around where Paradigm was, focusing on Lawrence. Glowing telekinetic energy began to try to form around the ten year old, but Lawrence quickly darted aside before it could fully enclose around him.

 

Magnetar flew closer and fired a blast of magnetic energy at the simulacrum that had just tried to telekinetically grab Lawrence.  The blast hit, but the glowing forcefield around the simulacrum easily shrugged it off.

 

The short, squat simulacrum continued to run forward, firing another disintegration blast at Paradigm.  Once again the attack hit the paragon, but once again it had not apparent affect.

 

The black clad simulacrum that had previously shot a last of electricity at SFX turned his attention to Galvanic.  As he raised up one hand, the Tempestian felt as if the air around her was being sucked away, making it hard to breathe.

 

The robed figured continued to stand motionless on the roof of the nearby building, watching the battle continue to unfold.

 

The blurred form of the insectoid simulacrum came rushing back into view once more, once again heading straight towards Lawrence.  This time, Serek's spiked tail slammed into the simulacrum just before it could reach Lawrence with an audible *WHAM.*  The force of the blow sent the simulacrum flying across the open plaza, to slam into a nearby wall and then land hard on the ground at the base of the wall.

 

Over where it had been knocked down earlier, the simulacrum that Magnetar had earlier knocked down climbed back to its feet somewhat unsteadily. 

Share this post


Link to post

Rev

 

"Oh yeah, I'm just fine" called back Rev. "Just a scratch. And maybe a punctured lung. But mainly a scratch. How are you? Still got both your eyes in their sockets?" she shouted at SFX. 

 

"Now then, this ain't over. Not by a long stretch. Did I say long stretch?" 

 

Her arms propelled up a few dozen feet into the sky, the gel skin now virtually shredded. 

 

Not that she needed to look normal now anyway. 

 

"Time for a burning basketball! In the hoooop!"

 

She streamed out a ball of fire into her hands, and lobbed it through the air in a graceful arc, until it mushroomed and bloomed middair in a rather pretty explosion....

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Rev's fireball shone over the immediate area for a brief moment, as the flames lashed an area where three of the simulacrums were gathered.  The winged one managed to bank away from the fireball, rolling completely out of its path.  As the fires died down, the short squat simulacrum was still where he had been standing, appearing to be unfazed by the attack.  The dark dress simulacrum however, had drifted back slightly from where he had been hovering previously, appearing hurt and a bit dazed.

 

The winged simulacrum then righted herself, and turned her focus onto Galvanic once more.  Another sonic blast lanced out from the simulacrum, slamming hard into the Tempestian….

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×