Jump to content
Ari

Everything is Illegal Here!(OOC)

Recommended Posts

OOC for this thread. Emerald City PCs only, but if you want yours in only say so.

 

Everyone's day gets a little weirder with the city's first-ever local supervillain. And all the people who want her dead.

 

(The title is ironic.)

Share this post


Link to post

I'd sign up Sha'ir for this, unless you have other plans for him? (Which might be the case?)

Or, of course, if there's any other reason he wouldn't fit that's okay too :D

 

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider, your initiative, please.

 

Sha'ir, with all that's happening, you can easily duck around the newsvan or hide in the crowd to transform.

 

The Kittens' initiative rolls, divided into two groups of 8: 12 & 16

Share this post


Link to post

So first round order is:

 

Emerald Spider: Unharmed, 1HP

Kittens Group 2(x8): Unharmed-GM

Kittens Group 1(x8): Unharmed-GM

Sha'ir the Spellsmith: Unharmed, 4HP

 

Salmon uses Knowledge(Streetwise) and Notice to try and track The Faster Pussycat as she races theough the streets. DC20 for the Knowledge and 10 for the Notice. Knowledge, 21, Notice, 20. What a way to get a natch score.

 

Anyway, Emerald Spider is up.

Share this post


Link to post

Attack Action: Spdr Blast - Take 10 to attack her Kittens for 17 attack, DC 22 Toughness. Shall drop my HP for a Takedown Attack

Move Action: Move-by-Swinging

Share this post


Link to post

That hits. DC22 Toughness: 14. One down. Next, 16, two down. Next, 10, three down. Next, 17, four down. Next, 14, five down. Next, 15, six down. Next, 11, seven down. Next, 15, eight down. 

 

Well that's group 2 down.

 

Group 1 takes action. Half fires on Spider, half on Sha'ir. Two hits on Spider. Two DC20 TOU saves. No hits on Sha'ir.

 

The Spellsmith's move. 

 

Meanwhile, having found where The Faster Pussycat is hiding, Salmon starts heading back. Fiating he is suddenly nailed by the spider mystic from earlier, who hits him with something that knocks him out and gives off the magical equivalent of a flare to Sha'ir's mage sight.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay then!

 

Move Action: Move closer

Free Action: Configure Variable to add Area (Burst) onto the Damage effect, as many ranks as are necessary to hit all the kittens. (15 PP should be able to do that, right? Otherwise as many as possible)

Standard Action:

Damage 3 (Extras: Ranged, Autofire (10); Feats: Variable Descriptor 2, Accurate 1, Homing, Precise) [Applied to Damage Power] [22/26PP]

For a total of Damage 10, with the Area added from above, let's go with a Bludgeoning Descriptor in case that matters. Area set up in such a way it hits as many kittens as possible

 

Free Action: Extra Effort to Surge, pay the HP immediately

Standard Action:

 Teleport 7 (Extras: Accurate, Portal; Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity; Progression 3 (Size); Flaws: Action (Standard to Open(-2))) [26/26PP]

One exit close to the Spider, the other in the sky above the magical flare that just went off.

 

Share this post


Link to post

The Kittens can only make a DC25 Toughness save on a natural 20. So I'm ruling they fail that.

 

Assuming both go through they find Salmon unconscious and infected by the mystic's power. He's suffering from Exhaustion, Nauseated and Sickened.

 

Worryingly, there is no other sign of the mystic.

Share this post


Link to post

Ruling nobody has the info needed to answer that very reasonable and pertinent question.

 

Initiative rolls for Emerald Spider and Salmon coming into the warehouse, as they are very opportunely interrupting Jade Spider in his murder attempt.

Jade Spider: 22

Salmon: 6

Faster Pussycat: Unconscious

 

Olopi, the warehouse is  200 square feet in a rectangle, surrounded at a distance of thirty feet by a three-sided chain-link fence topped with barbed wire that opens onto the Columbia and Red Rivers. There are entrances on all four sides.

 

Tiff, the ceiling of the warehouse is criss-crossed with a spiderweb of rusting beams, and the floor is covered in a slick uneven pool of ill-smelling water. In a relatively-dry corner is a pile of computer equipment, all of it turned on. The head-height windows are all boarded up, but the windows below the eaves are open to let in floods of pale sunlight.

 

Jade Spider is standing over Faster Pussycat in the middle of the floor, the supervillainess is unconscious.

 

Emerald Spider and Salmon get a surprise round. 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay so the order is first Spider then Salmon. Then the surprise round will be over and the fight proper begins. 

 

Tiff, if you would.

Share this post


Link to post

Move Action: Bounce around the room, up to the rafters

Standard Action: Snare Attack Snare: 1d20+7 16, if that hit's a DC 17 Reflex.

Share this post


Link to post

That hits, and 16 means Jade Spider is Entangled, but not Bound. So -2 to checks and loss of Dodge Bonus until/unless they're freed.

 

 

Salmon Attacks: 24, hits. DC19 Toughness save: 5. Staggered and Dazed.

 

Surprise round over.

 

Emerald Spider: Unharmed, 2HP

Salmon: Unharmed, 2HP

Jade Spider: Staggered, Dazed-GM

 

Share this post


Link to post

Emerald Spider will swing by, snatch up Faster Pussycat and deposit her safely in the rafters (a gantry if the place has one). She has move-by-action and 880ft of move so she can do it in one.

 

To avoid any counter attacks Ref Save: 1d20+9 14

Share this post


Link to post

Joshua, Mary and Joseph.

 

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima maxima culpa.

 

Salmon attacks, again! Power-Attacking +5 DMG -5 ATK, All-Out Attacking +5 ATK -5 DEF. which leaves him at +2 to Defence this round. Attack roll: 16, miss. Using a HP to reroll: 11, +10 from reroll makes it a 21, hits. DC27 Toughness save.

 

 Jade Spider's save: 4. Knocked out, combat over.

 

Emerald Spider gets a Hero Point for securing the safety of their enemy.

 

Olopi, please make a DC25 Notice check and a DC20 Will save. Also, just so you know, that barrier will come in handy in a moment, so don,t dispell it just yet.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Somebody was trying to search Hakim's mind, but he caught on and mustered his mental defences in time. 

 

He catches sight of a red something vanishing into the sky in a corona of fire, tasting a jet of surprise and frustrated anger before the attempted link is severed. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hm, as I never statted up the cage, would you be opposed to me saying it's continous, and then switch the VP to something that allows Hakim to give chase?

I'm thinking simple Flight, while I can think of a lot of cooler (and better) ways of giving chase, Hakim doesn't have the experience to think like that  :P

Share this post


Link to post

Computers roll, please Tiff.

 

Olopi, Wisdom roll please for Sha'ir trying to recall somewhere he needs to be that isn't thousands of meters in the air.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×