Jump to content
Ari

Party on the Breach (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Exaccus, Blarghy, Knowledge(Current Events) rolls please, and also Sense Motive vs. DCs5-15-20

Share this post


Link to post

Leviathan doesn't have Current Events, but if you're playing loose with the traditional skill rules, I can give you a straight Intelligence check.

 

Intelligence: 1d20+5 7  ...Not that it matters much, in any case.

Sense Motive: 1d20+5 14  And technically that's no better, for the DCs you mentioned. 

 

I assume I should wait to see what Tristan (doesn't) knows before I post?

Share this post


Link to post

Loshk birta

 

He's not sure, but Tristan has a strong feeling that this Rayzer guy is writing cheques he doesn't actually want to cash. Also that he seemed to recognize Delacroix.

Share this post


Link to post

So Dr. Deoxy already slipped away from the crowd and put on his game face?  Is it alright for Leviathan to do the same, or would you rather that the presence of so many civilians complicates it?  Do you need any rolls? 

 

Ideally, Leviathan would rather transform somewhere with easy access to the outside ocean, so he can go after Rayzer, so accompanying the crowd to the lifeboats and then getting lost seems like a fair plan.  Hopefully no one will wonder where both of their high-profile guests have gone off to, in all the confusion. 

Share this post


Link to post

That's fine,  Blarghy. Right now people are a little more worried about not drowning when Rayzer definitely blows up the Platform. Which he will totally do. He is a dangerous man. Yep. 

Share this post


Link to post

Gonna try a Stealth check to catch Rayzer by surprise.  I expect to fail it miserably. 

 

Stealth: 1d20-4 0

 

:D  That's awesome.

 

In other news, can Leviathan tell how to cripple the submarine's propulsion system?  Would you like a Knowledge (Technology) roll for that, perhaps?  Or is it a straightforward matter of just ripping off some propellers?  Since it's a fancy villain sub, I thought I should ask.

Edited by Blarghy

Share this post


Link to post

The Karkarius is not so simple a device that just breaking propellors will work! I mean, ripping the hull to pieces will, but a Knowledge(Tech) roll will unveil some ways to make it more efficient and alternative methods.

Share this post


Link to post

The Karkarius is vaguely familiar, it looks very like a kind of submarine UNISON was developing for use in Atlantean territory and Lemurian ruins several years ago. Unfortunately they ran into several issues during development and the project was shelved. Tristan's brother Alexander once had over one of the chief engineers who talked for hours about just a few of the problems:

 

The "tail"'s curve conducts force entirely too much, a good hit through the energy skin would be devastating this far down.

A series of concealed heat vents on the "back", if blocked up, would badly damage the craft's inner systems as its wires overheated. Trick would be finding them.

Similar to an actual animal, the "head" of the Karkarius contains most of the sensory equipment. If damaged it would be unable to meaningfully go anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post

eep!

 

didn;t realize i didn't have this followed.

 

want me to post those rolls still? ill edit them in if you do.

 

Can i make a knowledge life sciences test to see if i think that this is a horrible idea?

Edited by Exaccus

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry Ex, Blarghy.

 

What they know confirms, broadly, what they've just been told as not uncharacteristic of PanStar's activities. But they certainly don't know if it's the case here. 

 

There have been rumors of experiments on sharks off the coast of Japan, SHADOW once did show the ability to control animals in an ill-fated assault on Dakana decades ago and the Rayders aren't lying intentionally.

 

Both also know that what has been described, while possible, would take decades, if not longer, and the effects would still be fairly small even given the vastly reduced amount of life in the global oceans. It would be a dreadfully inefficient way to control the world,s food supply.

 

But further musings will have to wait. Would both of you make a Reflx save, DC20, to avoid water-amplified concussion beams of rank 9 Damage/Stun Area effects?

Share this post


Link to post

Reflex: 1d20+4 12

 

And then, what, Toughness?  Or Fortitude, since you mentioned Stun?  Leviathan's bonus is the same in either case.

 

Toughness: 1d20+17 37

 

Should we include the attack in our posts, or would you rather describe that more thoroughly in your next reply?

Share this post


Link to post

Grgh.

 

Okay, so it is Linked Damage/Stun, both rank 9. So neither hero evades it but Leviathan shakes off the Damage pretty easy. Both of you need to make a DC19 Fortitude save. @Exaccus, DC24 Toughness save, please.

 

Rayzer's saves: Reflex is 29. Ranks of effect are halved: 15 on Toughness, Dazed and Bruised and Injured. 19 on Fortitude, so not Stunned. The shot was aimed at him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

For the love of God. 

 

Okay, so Leviathan is unaffected, Rayzer is Bruised, Injured and Dazed, Dr. Deoxy is Stunned but unharmed.

 

Since the shot came from the Platform, Rayzer's Rayders are heading back to the giant Karkarius sub, with two heading over and beginning to haul Rayzer onboard to relative safety.

 

Blarghy, Exaccus, what do you want to do here? Focus on disablng the turret? Of which there are probably more? Preventing the situation from escalating? Something else?

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry for making you wait so long dude, 

 

I think doctor Deoxy will probably go for the attempting to keep things from getting blown out of proportion.

 

Gonna switch to the force field projection power and put up a screen  between the laser phaser gun and the ravagers, make it permiable only to himself.

 

ill post as soon as i get a yay or nay on that.

Share this post


Link to post

@Blarghy @Exaccus 

 

Sorry guys, I really dropped the ball on this one. Do you want to let it go, or do you want to see it through?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...