GM

The Super Museum
Midtown, Freedom City, New Jersey
Saturday, October, 31st, 2015
8:30 PM

For many in Freedom City, Halloween was a time of relaxation.  A day for those who didn't already don a mask on a nightly basic to put on a costume and get in on the fun.  If you went to the right places the crowds were comparable to the zombie hordes sprawled on many a tv set.  Malls, bars, and even museums offered special events and trick or treating opportunity.  One such museum was the famous Super Museum in Midtown.  Normally a super or two volunteered to pose for pictures following a documentary showing of a hero's known history.  The Q&A session followed by grab bags of candy being handed out.

Unfortunately, for the Super Museum festivities were cut short.  Before the building could be reopened it was discovered an artifact had been stolen.  The artifact in question was known as the Horn of Taurus, and was notably not a replica.  Due to the magical nature of the horn, it didn't take long for word to spread about its theft.

Equinox hurried down to the museum as soon as the word had reached her from one of her contacts. The Horn of Taurus was major-league stuff. The ability to conjure up the dead at will, especially on Samhain... that wasn't good. And she couldn't get a hold of Eric, which figured. It was Hallowe'en. The necromancer was likely to be pretty busy. So she'd come down alone. She strode in through the front door after teleporting into the street outside, black coat flaring behind her in her haste. 

She stormed through the entryway, stopping at the first employee she came across. "I'm Doctor Siobhan Drake, I'm here about the theft. I need to speak to someone about it, and see where it was stolen from." Siobhan spoke quickly and firmly, trying to convey the seriousness of the situation. "It's urgent, please."

Blodeuwedd was never one for Halloween. Coming from a small village cut off from the world at large the American tradition had never caught on, beside it was also Samhain when the barrier between worlds was thin and the Order had to stay on guard. And it was when the alliances that allowed the village to be hidden was renewed between the Order and the Fae.

Though even she could appreciate that she was spending the night in costume patrolling the streets making sure that people remained safe, though she was quite thankful that no Sexy Blodeuwedd costume were on display tonight. She was hoping for a quiet night of muggings and store robberies, but the news of the theft of the Horn of Taurus was something that needed her attention, especially  on a night like tonight.

So when Siobhan arrived at the museum Blodeuwedd wasn't  that far behind, stepping silently behind her and the staff member unnoticed until she spoke.

“I believe I could  be of some use to you in this situation.”

GM

The elderly African American male guard merely grunted in affirmation towards Dr. Drake.  Motioning for both women to follow after him, before leading them to the front desk.  Slamming his palm on the top of the desk two guards shot up startled.  "These women have some questions.  Answer."  His deep voice rang with authority coupled with an expression that did nothing to hide his disapproval of the two men.

The guards were heavy set caucasian male in his mid forties, whose unkempt appearance was extended from his uniform to the haggard state of his beard.  His bowl cut hair appeared to be wet and his uniform showed signs of dampness at a glance.  The other guard was a talll and lanky hispanic man.  His baby face appearance, and the fact that his uniform appeared too large for him, gave off  the image of a teenager playing pretend in uniform.  Which wasn't exactly an out of the question visual for Halloween.  

"Are you here to help with the horn?"  The lanky guard asked hesitantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd followed behind the guard taking in all the information she didn’t need to read their body language to tell the guards didn’t realise the importance of the horn. And why would they they're mundane world didn’t have space for magic, except maybe for what they saw on the television or street battles between super’s.

Unlike Blodeuwedd who’d every year, except for the last couple spent in Freedom City, stood and watched the Tylwyth Teg renew the glamours on her home village. Though she’d have to admit her earliest memories was of all the food they got to eat at the big feast afterwards.

At the guards questions she just glared at him as if it was a really stupid question to ask, she had a reputation to keep after all.

Siobhan raised an eyebrow at the other superhero, and at the elderly guard. Daaaamn, grandpa. At least someone's taking this seriously. 

"Well, yes," she said crisply, looking the two younger guards up and down. "Myself and my... associate here are here to investigate the horn. See, you may not believe this, but it's got a powerful enchantment that lets one summon the spirits of the dead. You can imagine why we'd prefer it not be unaccounted for on Halloween night." She gestured towards the museum. "If you could show us where it was taken from, gentlemen?"

• 2 weeks later...

GM

"Bring back the dead, are you for real lady?"  One of the guards asked incredulously.   "No...I guess that would explain."  The lanky guard sighed not quite finishing that thought.  The pair led them to the Golden Age display.  The area was full of artifacts from the yesteryear of superheroing.

Both the guards and the room had traces of magical manipulation.  The security cameras showed signs of magical tampering as well.  "There were a couple of cute girls."  The heavyset guard stated with a gruff voice.  "We knew we shouldn't have let them inside.  But..."

"It was their eyes.  We looked at them and it was like we couldn't say no.  Oh man, we're so going to get fired.  I can't even remember how they look."

“You live in a city like this and you don’t believe in a device that can resurrect the dead?” her words dripped with scorn “There are probably are dozen a or more undead heroes and villains I could name active in this city alone.”

Blodeuwedd crouched down and briefly examined the floor for possible traces of whoever took part in the robbery.

“Our dimwitted friend is right about out suspect though, I make out about ten distinct set of women's feet. Expensive taste in shoes as well, I’d guess some of them had some magical skill by the way they’ve hidden their traces. You better believe our skills are better than there magic if you wish to keep you jobs.” she gave the Security Guards a not unkind look.