Blood is thicker than water

Supercape

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a shocking twist of shocking twistuls, Wave-Eye Stunts some Healing off his Conch Device(0HP), taking the strain himself to be Fatigued. He's now at -1 for Attack and Defence and sundry rolls and slowed to normal speed only.

The Power Stunt adds the following Alternate power to its Red Wave Array: Healing 10(Extras: Area(Burst 50ft.), Selective, Total; Flaws: Distracting, Limited(non-fire damage), Others Only, Unreliable(5 normal uses))[10PP]. Using the Healing power on the Dying passengers to stabilize them, +10 bonus vs. a DC10 check so I believe that's an automatic success. DRAMA AVERTED, ********************-sandwichers!

Edited by Arichamus

I believe the King of Suits is encrusted in Barnacles! Although an Area effect seems reasonable. 

On the other hand, those flaws are pushing it. Stunting a power with the flaws Distraction (When I am borderline not in combat), and Limited (Not the damage I want to heal anyway) is edgy. I can let the Distraction one pass in the spirit of heroic saving, but in all honesty cant let the non-fire damage one pass (as it should be a drawback any way, and on the principle it is difficult to justify limitations and drawbacks for stunts which basically say "limited to the situation I am in anyway"). 

Yeah, but that's all moot when he's currently struggling against the mass of barnacles trying to smother him. Not like Namor or Tempest goes all "Ah! Now that this giant sea monster has me fast in its coils, I think I'll leisurely make up a spell that's got nothing to do with my current struggle!"

So to that end, DC15 Reflex save: 13. Still Bound.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, its a strength roll against a snare!

Or, more accurately, it has a toughness of 5, and with your strength, you automatically inflict a DC 23 Toughness ROll on it! In addition, Super Strength adds to your damage effect (for the purposes of breaking things) so its another +6 to DC, making a grand total of a Damage 14 effect. 

(Unfortunately, if Damage is +10 over snares toughness, you break out automatically as a standard action!)

Still, a DC 29 Toughness save with +5 1d20+5=8 you smash out!!!

Thats a standard action, so you still have a move action to do something (or surge)

Well, in reference to Blood's threat and Temp's worry about what he might do, Tsunami still has a Time Stop active in a 500' radius, only excluding crew/passengers and the heroes (and the bad guys that made their reflex saves).  Anything else (ie the ship) cannot be interacted with by anyone that is free of the time stop.  So, no poking holes in the ship :)

Garn. Sorry Supercape, for some reason it totally slipped my mind about how Snares work.

Okay then. Spending a HP(0HP left) to Stunt Healing 10(Extras: Area(Burst), Total; Flaws: Distracting, Tiring, Unreliable(5 Normal uses))[10PP] off of his Conch Device's Array. Surging for a new Standard Action. Wave-Eye is Fatigued. Using it to Stabilize the Dying Passengers. DC10 roll, and with the rank being 10, that's most likely an automatic success. 4 uses left, and Wave-Eye is Exhausted.

Edited by Arichamus
  • 3 weeks later...

Cape, again I would point out that the whole point of Time Stop is that things that are effected by the power cannot be harmed (ie we could not punch through floors or walls or doors, but neither could Blood or any of his crew cause any damage to the ship either).

Hey, sorry Thev, I keep visualising Timestop as a paralyse effect rather than, well, timestop. 

It does, however, pose a problem here. If you cant smash through walls, you cant get into the engine room, the ultimate destination. 

Is there a need to have timestop still active?

Well, part of the reason for using the Time Stop was to protect the ship from damage (we cannot harm it, but nether can Blood).  And, if it was already taking on water, the water around the ship and the hole(s) would be Time Stopped as well, stopping anymore flooding.

Ok so we have a toughness 12 door. Easy enough to break down, but can it be broken down / torn off in one round for surprise? or do you have other plans. 

For the purposes of wrenching the door off its hinges you can combine strength...count to 1...2....3...and...!

Let me know if you want a group shove / pull on it!

Ok, so combined strength for bustin down door:

Tsunami: +2

Wave Eye: +8 +6 Super Strength

Glamazon: +8 +5 Super Strength

Lets say thats a total of +29 Damage for the purposes of ripping the door off. 

Combined, you have more than enough strength to automatically bust open / throw away the door. 

If anyone wants to post this, go ahead, otherwise if you want I can do another GM post for this!

Also: Ari! Your signature no longer links to your PCs!

Notes:

We have an extreme heat environment. Which is unlikely to be pertinent, but there it is!

The smoke provides partial olfactory and visual obscure for all of the engine rooms, and is thick enough for full olfactory and visual obscure by the engines themselves. 

The smoke is thick enough to effectively cause suffocation unless you are immune to it. So hold your breath!

For reference: Glamazon - no immunities/supersenses. Tsunami - no immunities, accurate detect water mental, Temperance, no immunnities, no super senses, Wave Eye, No immunities, Tremorsense. 

Also:

Thevshi, I am not sure if the Time stop would effect down here, but at this juncture I am inclined to GM fiat it is not, as it will essentially scupper the plot (pardon the pun). Would some handwavium Barnacle Curse counter the time stop? (your thoughts!)

Sorry I was listing relevant immunities (Heat,Suffocation) which nobody has. I think everyone has drowning, cold, high pressure. I think everyones suffocation immunity was to drowning, not smoke or general. 

]As regarding the spirit sense. Yeah, I think that flies for Captain Blood (Ghost,spirit, etc). Probably not for the blistering barnacles. Although if you want to narrate something about a vague sense of "the spirit of the malevloent sea" or something, that would be fine. 

Fortitude save to keep going: 28. Okay then. Using the Damage AP of the Red Wave Conch to try and destroy the Barnacles climbing around the engine equipment. attack roll: 25. If that hits, DC27 Toughness as before. Of course, that could easily go very, very wrong...

If need be, Initiative roll: 19.