The Big Boom

Supercape

Looking down to Private Timbers, as he fished a card out of his pocket and offered it to him.  "It has my private number, son, I encourage you to give me a call if you need help squeezing some money out of some of rich friends, and richer frenemies.  I would like to do more, and I have connections I can pull, if need be."  Pausing a moment to watch Kabir, "Though, I think I should make an effort to help redeem the human race in the mind of one woman."  Flashing the Private a smile, before he moved after Kabir, having to jog a little to catch up with him, given the headstart.

Yes, he was being a little sexist and going all white knighting (though late he would pause and reflect on how loaded that term has become), but TImbers seemed more determined, more aimed at working to resolve his life on the new terms.  His read on the young man was more optimistic than the translator.  "Kabir, wait!  Maybe I can help in some capacity."

GM

Kabir turned at the elevator, but stepped in nevertheless. He didn't hold the doors but Amir got in before the doors shut. 

"Yes, Amir, of course..." he sighed, straightening his tie and running his fingers through his hair. "Your help is always appreciated. But tell me, exactly how do you intend to help? Aside from your moral support and your financial one?" he asked, keeping his polite tones flowing. 

He pressed the lift to the top floor of the hotel. 

"I was just going for a bit of time out, my apologies. I have a room booked here, you see. And, to be frank, the pressures of diplomacy and politics do require one to recharge one's smile and demeanour every now and again..." he shrugged, apologetically. 

"Solitude gives rise to reflection and wisdom".