Jump to content

Ari

Recommended Posts

GM

 

April 10th, 10.45 AM, 2013

Claremont Academy, Athletic Field

 

"Yes I can do it!" the blue-skinned boy crossed his arms indignantly, glaring up at the semi-circle of curious students. It was the tail end of late morning jogging practice, the day was crisp and damp, and new student Morsa Ven was being pestered again.

 

"C'mon, man, show us, it's okay." urged one of the girls, putting an arm around his shoulder that he quickly shrugged off as he stepped back. Morsa was quite short for his age, which didn't help with putting him at his ease. "I...it is not something I ought to do just for show. Only for serious emergencies." That got a chorus of disappointment from the other heroes-in-training, but also sparked wicked grins on a few of them.

 

"Emergencies, you say?" asked one of the boys thoughtfully, who looked like a giant in miniature. Casually walking closer to the blue-skinned alien he offered cheerily "I bet we could make one for ya!"

 

Morsa paled as he stared up "P-please-" "Aw man, I'm just jokin'!" the boy laughed, patting him on the back and wandering back onto the track "I know you can't really teleport that fast."

 

"I can!" snapped the Lor, fear replaced with anger. The twenty-eyed girl who had tried to hug him raised several eyebrows "Then prove it. 'Less you're scared."

 

The huddle's mood shifted. They now had an angle!

Edited by Arichamus
Link to post

Serge was quietly relishing his chance at sunlight and excercise, after practically spending the last couple of weeks in the labs, when not attending classes. Things had gotten especially busy, what with constantly runnin adjustments and recalibrations to his suit and he was more than willing to take the chance and wind down. He had decided against wearing his suit, instead wearing the normal Academy schoolwear. I love my suit to bits, but by god does it feel good to be out of it! I can actually feel the air brush against me, and I feel like taking a deep relaxing breath or two(Weird that when less of your body is exposed to air, it feels more like you're suffocating or trying harder to breath... maybe the increased heat due to lack of ventilation, in combination with a feeling of claustrophobia causes that phenomenon...) Serge pondered to himself, and then flew on a completely unrelated tangent, as he increasingly found himself oft to do.

 

But at any rate, if I had known that taking proper care of a suit was so much trouble, I'd have thought twice before I decided to enhance my powers with it... Ah, well, can't say it's not fun tinkering with it... He continued to reflect, until he finally managed to empty his head completely of higher thougths, and feeling the heat leave his head. That moment didn't last for long, though, as he started noticing the kerfuffle that was occuring a couple of feet away from him. Hmmm? He asked no one as he assessed the situation happening before him. Eh, these guys seem to be pestering that kid, eh? Serge sighed. Well, can't say it doesn't happen, and I'd hate to go play the knight in shinning armor, but best to keep an eye out, just in case.

 

No sooner had he completed that thought, and the case just occured. Great, just my luck! The kid took the bait, and no one else seems to be stepping forward? Well, there's no helping it now... Taking flight, Serge quickly stepped between the bullies and the Lor boy. "Alright, that's enough! Hey kid, don't you know any better than to fall for such a cheap trick? You ain't got to prove anything to them, and if they still want some proof, well, tough for them  but that's their problem." He said with the authority a second-year exhibits. "And you guys!..." turning to face the other students who were picking on Morsa. "Have you forgotten what principal Summers did to Dynamo Rex and Feather Lass, after the nasty stunt they tried to pull with Tank Marine? I'm sure you haven't seen much of them ever since, but I'm willing to bet that they're still scrubing floors to this day. So, unless you think  mr Summers takes any more kindly to taunting and provocation from his students directed towards other students, then I'd highly suggest that you quietly back off while you still can."

Link to post

Insofar as exercise went, running wasn't Kat's least favorite activity; it was pleasant once you got the rhythm down, really, and easy. Sparring was fun, but at least with running Kat could take the time to think a little, and spare a few glances at the boys while they were taking their laps.

She'd made another lap past what the kids had been told they needed and was gunning for another when she spotted a little huddle out of the corner of her eye. It was kinda hard to judge what was being said, but body language told her its own story. Disbelief pride threat fear anger. They were playing boy blue like a flute. She rolled her eyes and veered back off the track into the grass to the side, splashing dew up onto her ankles and over the top of her sneakers, aiming to ask boy blue to run with her to steal him away from the junior inquisitors.

And it would've worked too, if she'd just gotten there before Serge came swooping in in everything but his suit and cape and started yelling down the bullies like they were cut-rate villains. There was no casually pulling boy blue outta that; he'd turned it into a straight up conflict and Kat was at loathe to get involved with it. It would be stupid, and the best result Kat could expect was that all of them would be sore at her for a while.

"I'm sure they'd know better than to threaten," Kat said mildly, slowing to a stop next to the group and disregarding her own advice. "cause that always ends awfully. New kid?" She turned her head toward blue boy and pointed her thumb toward the others. "These guys bugging you?"

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

GM

Malice wasn't something encouraged at Claremont, whereas awe of the austere, dark and mysterious Principal Summers very much was.

"H-hey man! We weren't gonna do anything!" the many-eyed girl protested, unnerved by Serge's implicit threat "We just wanted to see if this guy was just talkin'!"She pointed one of her arms at the short blue boy "He says he can teleport from here t' Pluto and back in under a second, we were just curious, you know?" she offered with a nervous smile. The other students quickly chimed in their agreement. Another girl, swathed head to foot in an opaque white film, jumped in "Yeah, what Sally said! It's cool, we were just teasing. Sorry Morsa" she added with a hasty smile at the green-haired Lor teen, who sidled against Kat and ducked behind his head behind her shoulder, looking utterly unconvinced.

"Yes they were, fellow student." He muttered, sounding glad to have people in his corner "Sally and her comrades" he poked his head around to glare at his tormentors "have been attempting to make me demonstrate my powers ever since I mentioned them. Going to other planets is impressive to them. That's not all I can do, of course" he added with a look of considerable pride, putting his hands on his narrow hips "I can also read minds, project defensive energy fields and translate other kinds of energy particles into light!"

The huddle of Claremonters mostly looked baffled "Wait, light's a particle?" Sally asked as she raised some of the eyebrows that covered her almost insect-like face "I thought it was some kinda wave." That had Morsa outright smiling, visibly relaxed after the tension of just a few seconds ago. Turning to Serge he said "Thank you for your intervention, it is appreciated. Fellow student," he turned sharply on the wet grass back to Kat and nearly crashed to the ground as his feet shifted. Regaining his balance with a flicker of irritation he soldiered on "I think I have heard about you, you also can transmit yourself over vast distances, yes? I would very much like to benefit from your expertise. Perhaps we could drill together after classes? Or..I know!" and idea seemed to strike him, and his dark eyes lit up "I will demonstrate my power for you, so you know best what I should work on! You as well," he added to Serge with a sunny grin.

"Aw man, really? Will you show us too, Morsa?" the white-swathed girl was nearly bursting at the seams with excitement "No Jane." the alien boy replied crisply, taking the two mutants' hands in his "And anyway, it is just from here to the cafeteria and back. Not interesting." The other students groaned in disappointment again and began to disperse, wandering back to the jogging track and occasionally shooting hopeful looks back at the trim alien teen, who remained stone-faced throughout. Once they were gone he grinned openly at the two "So! Shall we go? It will only be for a few seconds. We shall not miss any classes and I am not capable of altering time. I have checked."

Sticking out his hand he added "Morsa Venn, Fifth Class Cadet of the Mentat Legions, first year student of this training facility"

Edited by Arichamus
Link to post

Kat caught Morsa as he staggered, kept her stance wide to keep her feet steady. "Easy there," she said, letting Morsa steady himself against her.

 

"Yeah," Kat said, turning toward the interrogators again. "You're real convincing. I'm thinking that we'll do you a favor by not bringing it up with mister Summers. But if it happens again . . . well. We'll have to see see what he thinks of your excuses." She clasped a hand protectively on Morsa's shoulder; an odd sight, since she was the shorter of the two. "Now shoo." No doubt Sally's gang would be giving her the evil eye for a while but while students were masters of passive aggression, they wouldn't be able to muster anything more than spite. Not when the teachers had supernatural powers to help them enforce discipline on school grounds. Still, it wasn't tell they started to drift away that Kat took her hand from Morsa's shoulder and put a comfortable distance between them.

She visibly preened at Morsa's recognition and gave him him a warmer smile. "You heard right, though I don't really know what my max range is." She'd bet a pretty penny it wasn't as far as Pluto, but a girl had a right to bask in the moment every once in a while. She squeezed the little alien's hand in return. "I'd be glad to help any way I can."

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

Serge just stared at the other kids, without speaking another word, until they started leaving. He watched as the hurdle dispersed, mentally taking a deep breath and letting a sigh of relief. Trully, bringing up Summers' name may very well be the Nuclear option, at least as far as the academy is concerned, but things looked to be heading in a rather bleak direction there, and I'd rather it stopped then and there than having the whole courtyard teleported to Mars. Serge thought.

 

"Hey, listen..." The young man said to his fellow student after a while, making a note to explain to the girl that was with him that light is neither, strictly speaking, a particle, nor is it a wave, but rather that it behaves as either of those, depending on which is more convinient to it. "I'm sorry if I came out scolding you back there. I don't want to sound patronizing, either. But you have to remember that this is an academy of learning, and learning how and when to use your, admitedly incredible, powers is a big part of the courses, and let me tell you; doing so at the first hint of challenge is something that you shouldn't do, unless you're absolutely certain of your capabilities." Massaging his temples a bit, Serge apologized again. "Sorry, patronising. Had a rough couple of weeks, and I don't mean to take it out on you, buddy."

 

"Anyway, your name's Morsa, right? And yours is Jane? My name's Serge." Serge said to his three fellow students. "To tell the truth, I AM kinda curious about your powers... soooo... well..." His sense of responsibility struggled with his curiosity for a bit, but it finally had to give. "... Okay! But make sure that you don't go overboard!" the young hero-in-trainning said in a token effort to sound responsible, though he was certain he wasn't fooling Morsa. Finally regaining some modicrum of sense, he turned to Kat. "How about you? You seem experienced, right? Well, I'm sure you can keep a better eye on him than me, so I'll be countin on you, emm...." he said, indicating that he was inquiring about the girl's name

Edited by Vahnyu
Link to post

GM

 

"Alright, to the cafeteria and back. Good to meet you both Kat, Serge" Morsa beamed, which had an almost disconcerting effect on his face.

 

Taking both of their hands in his, he closed his eyes, the world shimmered blue, stretched, and spun around like a kaleidoscope. The grass of Claremont's lawns and the sounds of the other students was soon replaced by a deep quiet and all-encompassing blue wave. The slender Lor boy squeezed their hands for a second, then came to himself and relaxed as the universe unscrewed into the familiar hustle and bustle and gleaming surfaces of the cafeteria in the morning.

 

One of the cafeteria staff neatly dodged around them as they appeared right in front of her. "No using powers just to get around, kids" she grumbled, though she smiled at them and added "I won't tell, get back to your class!" "Yes ma'am!" Morsa answered hastily, standing at attention and beginning to regather the power to himself, muttering sheepishly to the other two "Apologies, I forgot." the return trip began, the world crushed in on itself like a fan, and-

 

*ZAP!*

 

With a whirl of blue, the pair found themselves standing in a square metal tunnel, surrounded by acrid fumes, the distant thrum of strange machines off in the distance, and dark orange lights shedding bleary illumination on the walls.

 

With a crackle, a voice snapped over an unseen speaker "At last! I have you, aliens. Don't try to escape, your teleports won't work here thanks to my Inhibito-Sphere, and my servants will be down there in a moment to collect you. You'll serve humanity well, bring us closer to the apex of evolution! I, Professor Parsec, declare it!" With a rasp, the voice cut out, and all of the teens could hear the heavy tread of something coming their way. A lot of somethings.

 

"I...did not intend this, fellow student Kat" Morsa whispered to the girl, eyes narrow as he looked around for the best way to go. "Let us make the best of it. I say we find this Professor, neutralize his facility and troops."

Edited by Arichamus
Link to post

She raised an eyebrow. ". . . Kat," she finished his sentence and gave him a mute nod. "Call me Kat." She grinned, a tad too long on one side. She let herself be pulled along through space; their face-to-face when the staff reminded Kat of the importance of finding discrete places to break the rules while she bobbed her head at the teacher in frantic agreement; in a bit class would be over and—

*ZAP!*

—Kat was coughing on smoke that tried to burn its taste so deep into her tongue she'd never get it out, squinting as her eyes adjusted to the light. She put a hand on her hip, confused by unpreturbed until . . . No teleports? She reached out with an experimental thought, pressed her power against the walls of the world no one could see. Her face paled. Her power seemed dull, and reality held stronger than it had ever done before. It was like meditating in her room a year ago, desperately pressing against something she was far too feeble to break.

She made a wide swiping motion with the blade of her hand, drawing on the first mnemonic that had worked for her. Still, nothing happened.

Breathing deep, Kat forced herself to focus. She clenched her hand into a fist, writhing darkness crawling out of her sleeve and over her arm. She smiled at it like an old friend. "Well," she said, voice unsteady. "At least that still works."

A breath. A surer tone. "Yeah." She smiled like there was nothing wrong. "Let's go kick some ass."

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

If Serge could describe the trip with any single world, his choice would be... fantastic! Yes, it's a totally unscientific way to describe basic time-space bending, but it was still such a... profoundly alien experience, if you'd excuse the pun. He was practically experiencing a reverie, until-

 

*blink*

 

That... did not go well. Serge looked around, trying to find as much about his new enviroment as he could, as soon as the spell he got from teleporting wore off, and the scientist's voice brought him back to reality. Yup, we're definitely not in school grounds anymore... I mean, of course we're not! This is right there among the worst things that could happen, do you mean to tell me you didn't expect it, self?

 

...

 

For a while, no answer came... Then And yet, you didn't bring your costume with you, did you?

 

That... didn't surprise Serge, at least, not as much as having yourself talk back. What did surprise him was that he had a point, or that his other self had a point, or... You know what? Shut it. I'm in the middle of nowhere, with a couple of underclassmen, without our major powers, at the hands of a deranged lunatic, and you just know that if we get out of this, I'll be the first one held accountable by the staff. The last thing I need is for my self to sass me. Especially since Morsa here can still read thoughts...

 

Well, and that surprises you? It's probably an attempt by your subconscious to get attention.

 

... So, not only is my subconscious borderline dissociative, it's meta as well? Well, hang that thought for a bit. Preferably with a noose. Serge responded to his self, as he decided talking to their captor would be more productive, and less depressing. "Excuse me, Professor Whatshisname? Yeah, don't know if you can hear me, but I have a question, of vital importance. See, here we are, three young adults, practically at your mercy. Why in the name of Boyle's law are you talking to us about who are you and what your plans are? What's the purpose, really? Do you think we GIVE a damn? That the knowledge we're gonna suffer for some allegedly or even actually higher purpose despite our will, somehow aleviates our pain?"

 

Giving a signal at his fellow colleagues to get ready as he attempted to bait Parsec into either rage or indignation, or even stalling for time, Serge moved away from the other teens, and closer to the source of the voice. "What I'm trying to ask here is... Are you really that deluded to think the world revolves around you, or is it the opposite, and you just seek confirmation and acknowledgement?"

 

Great, you either pissed him off, or he'll go on a tirade about his childhood traumas

 

Either way, I'm throwing a monkeywrench at his plans. Also, hush.

Edited by Vahnyu
Link to post

GM

 

"Insolent fool!" bellowed the voice over the intercom as it sprang back to life "You cannot snare me in such feeble webs of words! You will be much less chatty once my legions of artifizoids come calling!" It cut out again with a snap, a distant rumble like somebody muttering under their breath echoing down the hallways.

 

"It seems negotiation is not viable" Morsa groused, the Lor boy already fiddling with his school uniform to get it in fighting trim. Glancing at Serge he added "I would advise a session with Mr. Marquez, Mr. Explinker. It might be helpful." Glancing around the four hallways the students were at the intersection of, he narrowed his eyes. Listening to the ringing clashes of metal and tramp of feet he opined "It seems we are surrounded, what in all can we do?" concentrating, his eyes glowed briefly, rewarded with a flicker in the air around them "I can still hear your open thoughts and make shields, might come in handy."

 

"Do not resist!" thundered hollow voices from all around the teen trio "You are outnumbered and beaten!"

 

"Might be good to learn how to fashion ear plugs" Morsa added, rubbing the side of his head with a wince.

Link to post

"Too bad you can't transmit too," Kat said, peering suspiciously around at the hallway, her eyes glowing red. "Or we'd be free of his ears. I'm running on entropy; if something exists, I can erase it. No exceptions." She narrowed her eyes and raised her hand toward the wall, red sparks flashing around the darkness surrounding her arm. "Dunno about you guys, but I think they've got both ends of the hall covered and protected a little too much for our taste." And Kat smiled. "So let's make a new exit."

Entropy bolted from her fingertips, roiling over the wall as it ate through matter, leaving a clean hole with smooth edges into a white room, filled with unfinished projects and worksmanship that Kat was fairly sure would take several PHDs to properly understand. She took a step through, peeked back with a grin; she could either take all this lightly or freak and the latter helped no one. She called "Ladies first!" Before she dove through into the workshop and away from whatever welcome the professor had prepared.

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

"Insolent fool! You cannot snare me in such feeble webs of words! You will be much less chatty once my legions of artifizoids come calling!"

 

 

",,, ai ai, you obviously haven't seen me keeping a conversation with my mother on a cellphone while running multiple laps around the city, have you?" Serge lamely mumbled, obviously frustrated that his attempt at distracting their captor was met with utter failure. Furthermore, Morza's remarks, even if expected, caused him to fluster, resulting in his face adopting a brighter, pinker hue of salmon pink. "Eh, it's probably nothing, Morza. Thanks for the advice, though..."

 

Kat blasting a hole on the wall wakened Serge, and he grabbed Morza by the upper arm, shoving the boy in front of him. "Right then, great job Kat! You just made yourself our Executive Way Opener. If there's any wall or robot in our path, make sure that it desists. I'll be in the back, making sure that anything following us meets with a fist to the face. Morza, you're in the middle. If anything happens to one end, make sure to let the other end know." Looking at his own hands, Serge tried pulsating them to see if he could generate enough force to create sonic blasts, but lack of feedback and focusing conduit resulted in the energy dissipating in the air. Tsk... can't be helped... I guess I can compensate somewhat with brute speed, but I doubt I'll be able to keep it up for long, maybe half a minute of constant output... Serge once again cursed himself for leaving his armor, but decided that he'd still make do with what he could.

Link to post

GM

Morsa didn't so much as flinch when Serge neatly whisked him into place between the other two. Nodding shortly at the blond boy's instructions, he glanced around the room as the trio barged into it, obviously noting the half-built robots and electrical gear strewn about the disheveled workbenches.

"I am unfamiliar with this planet's robotics, could we use these" he indicated the tools and partially-attached weapons "against this Professor's minions? As well, I hope we can analyze some of this man's equipment. It must be formidable to be able to warp space and our powers like this" he added with a tone of quiet awe.

Checking the carapace of one unfinished android with a critical azure eye he frowned "As well, it is pronounced Morsa, no hard zz."

Edited by Arichamus
Link to post

As she landed on the workshop floor Kat reached for her costume, only to press feebly against reinforced space again. Something like panic crept up Kat's throat and forced her to stop, breathe in the moment of privacy she had before the the others followed her. She grinned over her shoulder and put a hand on her waist when she heard them land. "I prefer professional asskicker," she said, brushing her bangs out of her eyes. "Let's just figure a way out of this, okay?"

When she was in uniform at least, Kat felt like she wasn't talking out of her ass. Warp was a superhero, and she could pull that off. But Kat was just a teenager with powers, in her gym clothes, kidnapped by a madman in a metal cage with no way . . . Kat cleared her throat, shook her head and distracted herself with a closer examination of the room. White walls, white floor, metal pieces, yada yada yada . . .

". . . Wait." Kat stopped in front of a pile of machinary, a little higher piled than the rest, and behind it . . . She shoved it once, twice without it budging, but the third sent it falling with a terrible clamor as steel clattered against the floor, and Kat stepped back and raised her hands, wary of getting caught in some part of it as everything fell. Hidden behind the pile, now fully exposed, was a door.

Moments later she had picked blasters out of a rack for each of the three. "Dunno about you, but my powers were feeling a bit slippery last I checked. And I want us armed," she turned back to the door. "Just in case it goes from slippery to straight-up dead."

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

"Iiihh, right, Morsa, sorry, my bad." Serge apologised to the student after they made their way towards the hole Warp had opened in the wall. On Kat's cue, he remained quiet until... "What is it, Kat? Found anything?" he said, and Kat's response prompted him to take a look at the equipment she found. "Hmmm, can't argue with that reasoning. I can fly and run fast, but without my suit, I'm feeling positively naked. Let me see what we can do with these things..." Serge said, as he examined the machinery. It didn't take too many seconds to recall the technology behind them. "Right, yeah, we can definitely use these. Don't expect to hit everything you eyeball, but they're better than nothing. Still, I wouldn't get my hopes too high, and I'm certain we'd be better off using what little's left of our powers, but..." Serge wondered if he could make reroutements to the weapons' powercells in order to channel his powers through. "...not enough time for anything fancy. Just grab what you can, and let's keep moving."

Link to post

GM

 

Taking the cannon Warp handed him, and checking it over with practiced speed, Morsa nodded as he took up position "Seems reasonable. Perhaps we can search the walls for that PA system." He fell silent as the door was opened with an ominous, grinding creak. It took a moment for the students to force it all the way, but with a sudden jerk its hinges practically collapsed and the whole metal slab swung back into the far room!

 

The three burst onto a grated walkway high above a series of small vats bubbling with greenish liquid, the acrid fumes nearly overpowering, and the air ringing with the metal clack of robotic feet all around them. It took only a minute to realize what the room's purpose was, on account of the steady stream of multicolored gunk flowing from tubes set in the walls into the tanks. A series of walkways and stairs seemed to mark this as a hub of some kind, artifizoids marching in squads up and down the evil-smelling tank.

 

At the other end of their walkway was a door marked "DELICATE MACHINERY, AUTHORIZED ARTIFIZOIDS ONLY"

 

"That seems a good place to start breaking things" Morsa declared with a gleam in his eye, working the action of his cannon.

 

"Intruders spotted!" thundered a voice from above, followed by a blaster bolt slamming clean through the floor in front of them. It was followed by a chorus of other voices as the lumbering things began charging towards them from above and below. There was no time to waste!

Edited by Arichamus
Link to post

Warp tried to rub the smell of the place out of her nose, holding her blaster loosely at her side, feeling less like a hero with a super science gun, and more like a girl with a toy weapon. She snorted at it, forced the corner of her lip up and drove the dread back for a moment longer.

Her first instinct when she saw the robots was to hide, but where? There was nowhere on the walkway to hide behind, and before anything could be done they'd spotted them, turned and opened fire. What if the robots hit the supports and they tumbled into the vats of who-knows-what? Warp gritted her teeth and looked past it, aiming toward the robots and drawing deep on her power.

A thought made her turn the blast up. A lance of darkness sang from her hand and chewed through the wall of the tank like nothing, spitting out of the other side and slamming harmlessly into the ceiling. Caustic green acid poored from the hole, coating three artifizoids which twitched and smoked as the chemcial wrought havok on their electronics until they collapsed.

Link to post

GM

 

"Good aim Warp!" the blue Lor boy called over the blaster fire, dashing into action. Racing towards the door, he swept the bulky cannon around to aim it at one of the robots, bringing the wires together with a grunt of effort and being nearly flung backwards as the bulky weapon discharged, hurling a bolt of roaring energy straight into the body of one of the Professor's Artifizoids!

 

With a dull thud, the shot bounced off the gleaming chestpiece, the artifizoid watching it plummet into the tank below with a sad hiss. Raising its gun, it called down "Hahahaha" before the barrel glowed and it fired a rapid stream of energy at the trio!

 

The strange robots had by now managed to get close enough that they could aim more or less accurately, and with a rumble they let loose a hail of red and yellow energy, the shots flying thick and fast about them, melting holes in the walkways and searing into the walls!.

 

Things changed quickly at Claremont.

 

 

Link to post

"Agreed, Morsa, and it appears we have some volunteers who'd like to be taken out first." Serge commented, as he flew straight ahead towards the artifizoids on the high ledge. He only spared a glimpse at Katherine, as she effortlessly dispatched a number of robots with a well-placed entropic blast, instead focusing on his quarries ahead of him. Dammit, maintaining the right amount of vibrational speed is not an easy task to do with the suit, much less now. I can feel my muscles aching as it is! Let's just hope that I'll be able to keep this up for a minute... Keeping those thoughts to himself, he fired a barrage of punches with both of his fists at one of the robots, each punch taking a huge chunk out of the artifizoid until it was reduced to an inoperable heap of scraps. "Grrraaaaaaghhh!" Serge screamed in fury, as well as in order to cover the immense pain his fists experieced due to the feedback from the impacts. The hell!? Forget a minute, I'd be lucky if I could keep this up for more than 20 seconds! If this keeps up, then I fear we won't-

 

His thoughts were completely disrupted from the blasts that connected with him. He started feeling groggy, but he instead decided to grit his teeth and withstand the pain.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Kat ducked and dived across the platform, dancing out of the way of flashes of red and yellow, till she ran into a shot that had been aimed ahead of her, rather than at her. A blast of yellow energy took her in side, and only a quick twist kept it from nailing her straight on. Still, she felt it burn at her side, a startling heat that threatened to scorch her. But she continued on, the damage either marginal or ignored in the heat of the moment as she dashed open the catwalks and made a sharp turn toward the robots Serge had engaged himself with.

Diving forward, Kat plunged her hand straight into an Artifizoid's torso and pulled out a cable, sparking with electricity as she drove it straight into the face of the second.

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

GM

 

Despite the mighty punch aimed at its head, the artifizoid raised an arm at precisely the right moment to deflect it over its shoulder. It was impossible, but it actually seemed to look smug.

 

Still racing along the catwalk, not bothering with the more skillful maneuvers Kat and Serge were doing, Morsa put the gun to his shoulder again, aimed down the rudimentary sights, and squeezed the wires together. He made sure to plant himself more securely than last time as the stream of power roared out of the detached cannon, the young soldier letting out a gleeful "YooooZA!" as the shot blasted a hole through his artificial target, sending it toppling over the railing into the vat below!

 

"Almost there, comrades!" he shouted over the din, the blue Lor almost vibrating with excitement.

Link to post

"Thanks for the assist, Kate." Serge commented, gritting his teeth to withstand the pain and numbness in his arms. "Don't worry, just don't let up!" He tried to encourage the girl, as Morsa scored a hit on one of the artifizoids. "Wow! Nice shooting there, Tex!" Clenching his fists, Serge attempted to take down another of the robots, and his punches flew like an automatic rapid firing gun, each blow piercing the artifizoid deeper and deeper, transforming it into a mangled mess. "Ggghhhkkk! GYYAAAARRRGGGH!!" the  young boy screamed in pain, as every hit felt like it stripped him of his flesh and grinded his bones to a fine powder. As soon as he was done, Serge buckled down. Visibly hurting and in pain, the young hero-in-trainning was too distraught to pay any more attention to his surroundings, and even lifting his arms felt like he was trying to lift the weight of a truck.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

"That's my line," Kat said, smiling sideways at Morsa. But the artifizoids were still firing down on them, and she had precious little time to spare for compliments. Kat flipped backward easily out of the way of two shots landed clean, raising her hand toward one of the artifizoids for a long moment. She bit down on her lip, considered, and smiled life a knife.

Kat aimed lower and released a wailing lance of entropy from her fingertips that crashed into the catwalk beneath a pair of artifizoids. Darkness like a night without stars swept across it as the stuff of the Terminus at it from the outside in, until the walkway simply vanished out of existence, leaving the two robots in empty air and sending them plummeting into the chemical vats with a splash.

Edited by Freely Seek
Link to post

GM

 

The splashings and sizzling noises as the Artifizoids were consumed echoed in the cavern, soon joined by a raucous hail of blaster-fire, electric jolts as the bizarre weaponry discharged hissing streaks of light that slammed into the young heroes! Now close enough to the central catwalk to fire with the accuracy they needed, the three last robots had their chance to put a stop to the prisoners of Professor Parsec!

 

The three shots lanced into the backs and torsos of the Claremont students, burning through their costumes and shocking them with brutish pain. Morsa gave a strangled cry and slumped against the door, clutching his chest. Above Net Fly and Warp, the other two began making their way jerkily down the ramps and steps, voices grinding out the syllables "Cease this resistance. Or further pain will be inflicted! Thus says Professor Parsec!"

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...