Street Fighting (wo)Man (IC)

Thevshi

GM

"Nice try." Bonebreaker called up to Young Britannia with a small smirk. But on hearing Mindfire cry out in pain, he turned to see her barely staying up in the air and then hears Velocity’s comment as she speeds by and down the street. The smirk immediately vanished from his face as he scowls in anger.

He growls deeply as he crouches back slightly before propelling himself though the air once more after the speedster. Landing just beside her, he swings massive fist at her once again, but as before she easily avoids the attack. "AHHH, I will break you in half if I get a hold of you!" He cried out in frustration.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agnus paid a little bit more attention on her aim this time, she didn’t know how tough the speedster was but she probably couldn’t take much more punishment. So instead of just throwing a massive burst of light at random she picked her target more carefully walking the fire until it at least caught Bonebreaker a glancing blow.

“Thanks’Mama YB says It’s getting better every day.†She smiled at her private little joke, though she really should stop making music related puns. Someone might think it was a quirk or something.

Flying close to where Bonebreaker had chased after the speedster, Young Britannia’s blast struck the large villain square in the back. However, the hit barely seemed to register, as he remained focused on Velocity, swinging his large arms around in an effort to hit or grab her.

"See, that's the trick, you have to get a hold of me first. And I just don't see that happening." Velocity offered as she ducked under one of his arms. "Now, back to what I said earlier, you really should not have tried to repeat our last dance, but since you're so keen on doing so…" Standing back upright, her right hand shooting upward.

*CRACK* The speedster’s fist broke the sound barrier and connected with the underside of Bonebreaker's jaw with a loud *WHAM* The large villain's head snapped back as he was lifted up off his feet, flying back a good ten feet before landing flat on his back on the pavement. His large arms flopped down to either side and he was out cold.

In a blur, Velocity was over next to him, leaning over slightly as she snapped her fingers in front of him a few times. "Yeah, that's what I thought." Standing back up, she looked back over towards where the fight had started and up towards Mindfire, who was just recovering from the speedster's last attack.

GM

Back down the street, Mindfire had finally cleared her head as she looked over in the direction Bonebreaker had leapt. Seeing the large villain down flat on his back at Velocity's feet, she had a sinking feeling. Glancing down, she saw Raditron was also unconscious. With the two heroines still on their feet, and as battered as she was, Mindfire knew she likely had little chance of winning if she choose to continue the fight.

So, she turned away and started flying away from the two, hoping that she could quickly find some way to cause some chaos that the two would have to deal with instead of chasing her. She was somewhat wobbly as she went, holding one hand over one side of her ribcage where some of Velocity's ball bearings had hit her.

Agnus swore quite loudly and quite creatively, one advantage of spending time around roadies, when her attack failed to do any harm to Bonebreaker.

Still Velocity managed to take Bonebreaker down; she liked to think she played a small part in his defeat. That just left Mindfire that everyone seemed to be fighting over, and right now so did she.

She could have done another of her burst but right now she felt like going toe to toe with someone. With a burst of speed she flew towards the other woman, catching her totally unprepared right in her back.

“Hi I don't think we've meet.â€

Her blow was enough to catch the MIndfire totally unaware, who crumpled and begun to fall to the ground her wing disappearing. Without missing a beat Agnus dropped down and caught Mindfire out of the air mere inches from the ground.

â€I bought you a present; sorry I didn’t have time to wrap it.â€

Velocity was gingerly feeling her side where Raditron’s blasts had hit her when Young Britannia came flying back over with the unconscious Mindfire. Looking up at the other heroine, the speedster gave a wide smile. "Wow, how did you know? Just what I always wanted."

Her expression becoming somewhat more serious, she glanced down at Bonebreaker for a moment before looking back up. "But it is nice to have caught up with these two again, and their friend. Hopefully this time I can make sure they get to Blackstone. They should all be facing some pretty significant sentences. Mindfire there in particular has a pretty long wanted record in Emerald City."

“Well that good to know you’re obviously an easy person to shop for.â€

With the combat now over Agnus attention turned back to where her new friend had got to. She’d not seen her during the fight, but then again she’d been pretty busy not getting hit at the time. Still it would probably be best to try and track her down before she got suspicious. But she wasn’t just going to fly off and leave Velocity to pick up the pieces.

“Would you be okay waiting for the police to show? I’ve got something I’ve got to deal with.â€

Yeah, so do I. Velocity thought while she smiled at the taller heroine. "Yeah, sure I can wait for them, though that tends to be the more boring parts of being a superhero." She replied. "Particularly for me, the police are SOOOO slow."

"Oh, before you go, you mentioned exchanging numbers." She then added, a card seemingly appearing in her hand as there was a faint blur of movement which she then held out to Young Britannia. "In case you ever need to get a hold of me for some reason."

Just at that moment, a pair of patrol cars were pulling up over near the coffee shop where the fight had started. "Wow, how about that." Velocity commented as she looked over in that direction. "The police were somewhat quick today."

Agnus was genuinely impressed with Velocity business cards.

“Wow you’ve thought of everything, all I’ve got is a burn phone stashed away somewhere.†With a flick the card disappeared “Personal dimension, it’s handy for storing stuff. I’ll text you some time; we should totally do this again.â€

With the police already on their way Agnus decided to stay for a few minutes to just stay hi and make sure everything went smoothly. Once she was happy that everything was going along fine she flew off with a jaunty wave.

Straight over the building and back into the Coffee shop sneaking back into the shops toilet’s to change back into her civvies. Then a slightly tentative Agnus poked her head into the shop to see if everything was safe.

Velocity just shrugged slightly as Young Britannia commented on her having a business card.  "Just been at this awhile.  Makes things much easier to provide the police with a way to get in touch with me if they need more information or the like." 

The speedster then grinned as the taller heroine mentioned how handy her personal storage dimension was.  "Wow, I am sure it is, I so could use one of those."  Her grin broadened into a full smile as Young Britannia mentioned getting in touch with her in the future.  "Anytime."

The police officers made their way over to the two heroines and took custody of the villains while waiting for a heavy transport with power restraints.  Velocity was giving a statement when Young Britannia made her exit, giving a friendly wave as the heroine flew off.

When the other heroine disappeared from view, the speedster turned to the officer she was talking with.  "I have something I need to go take care of for a few moments, when the transport gets here, don’t let it leave till I get back.  I want to make sure these three make it to Blackstone this time."

With that, the speedster was off in a blur, reaching the rooftop where she had stashed her bag several blocks away in less than a second.  She needed to change back to begin Megan for a few minutes to try and find Angus and come up with some excuse to cut short their visit.

GM

As Angus reemerged in the coffee shop, she found that it was now mostly empty.  The two baristas that had been manning the shop when she and Megan had gotten their coffees earlier were still there, and had started doing what they could to try to clean up some of the mess caused by Raditron’s smashing through the main window and knocking over one of the displays. 

One of the two young women spotted Angus as she stepped out of the small hallway that led to the shop’s restrooms.  "Oh, we didn't realize anyone else was still here."  She said in surprise.  "Are you alright?"

“Oh I’m fine thanks’ I guess the whole situation just spooked me a little.â€

Agnus gave a little friendly smile.

“I got separated from my friends so I decided to hide away until the whole situation died down a bit.â€

Almost subconsciously she picked up one of the fallen chairs is was after all partly her fault for the mess. As she spoke she carried on helping the two women tidying up the coffee shop.

“I guess it’s all old news for all you, but we don’t get many super’s fighting back in London.â€

Cause she saw it all everyday but even she didn’t get the sheer number of fight that happened daily in this city.

As Angus began helping the two women some, Megan appeared at the door to the shop, looking a bit worried until she spotted the taller woman.  "Oh thank goodness, there you are."  She called out as she made her way inside, some broken glass crunching beneath her feet, her smartphone in her hand.

"I was just about to try calling you.  Kind of got pulled along with the crowd for a bit during the rush out of here.  I was starting to get really worried when I couldn’t find you."  The blonde said to Angus as she made her way over. 

Agnus stopped mid cleaning and gave her new friend a relieved looking smile, she felt a little guilty that she had to lie to her but it was really for Megans benefit.

“When I got seperated from you I thought it was best to hide away until all the trouble had died down. Did you get to see what happened? All I saw was the three costumes turn up, was one of them a hero? I assume there was some kind of smackdown.â€

She hoped she sound excited enough and wasn’t showing too much knowledge of what had just gone on.

“Sorry I guess this is everyday to everyone around here, for me the novelty still hasn’t worn off. Even if I go running when trouble starts.†she gave a broad grin.

Megan shook her head when Angus asked if she had seen what had happened during the superpowered battle.  The young blonde did not particularly like lying about this sort of thing, but she had years of experience in doing so.  "No, I did not really stay too close to watch, it was pretty clear that a fight was going on.  I think there were at least four of them altogether.  The last one arrive was a flying woman in a costume that was a stylized British flag."

"I am just relieved that you're okay.  Those things can get pretty crazy."  Megan then stopped herself, figuring she probably should not go on much longer about the super battle.  "But anyway, I am afraid I am going to have to take a rain check on seeing the actual recording studio.  I just got a call from Ms. Van Cleef, she needs me to head back to the office for something that needs to be done tonight."

"But I do want to get a chance to finish the tour, and hear more about what all goes on in getting recording an album and the like.  Not to mention, I am so up for getting together sometime soon to go clubbing." 

“Oh yeah I’ve heard about her, I think she called something like Young Britain. Like Britannia but younger and better looking, with really excellent hair.†Despite herself Agnus couldn’t help but smile “I could never figure out the whole Cool Britannia stuff, but it’s still nice to have the pair of them around. I didn’t know she’d came this side of the Pond though.â€

Worried that she might of laid it on a bit thick she paired it back and instead choose to focus on Megans other news.

“Ah that’s a bit of a shame, it mean’s I’ve got to work some more on my songs. I was thinking maybe Stairway to Heaven.†she gave a little grin “ But we should totally do the clubbing thing. I know this little place that play’s some kicking Dubstep and Grime tunes.â€

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that, but not much I can do."  Megan replied when Angus mentioned it was too bad she had to go back to Summit, grinning as the singer mentioned working on a rendition of Stairway to Heaven.  "I look forward to hearing that."

"That sounds like a plan then."  She added as Angus mentioned a possible place for them to include in a night a clubbing.  "We just need to make sure we don’t wait till next month to go there." 

"Well, I need to get going.  I'll give you a call tomorrow so we can start seeing what day works."  The blonde added with a smile before she made her way back out of the coffee shop. 

After turning a corner down the block and getting out of sight, the young woman was off again down an alleyway at superspeed, once again changing back to her Velocity costume before looping back around to the scene where the police were starting to get the three villains loaded into a transport to get them to the wharf for transport out to Blackstone.  This time, the speedster would accompany them all the way to the prison.

Agnus left the coffee shop through the door this time walking past all the police and press, and then through the crowds of bystanders that seemed to be attracted to these kind of things. It was nice to be able to walk the streets and not get noticed, but she really wanted to help sort everything else. At least Velocity was there to tidy everything up, she had to suppress the urge to wave at the woman. After all Agnus didn’t exactly know the costumed hero.

But she really did need to work on her new songs as much as she enjoyed the challenge of running the studio she’d always enjoyed singing and performing. Whilst it would have been nice to be recognized as a serious artist just doing good solid pop song, with maybe a touch of the streets, would have to be enough for her.

She wasn’t quite sure but she thought she might have made a friend and whilst she now had a couple this was the first one that wasn’t a cape. It was still early day maybe a night clubbing would cement everything.