Street Fighting (wo)Man (IC)

Thevshi

After Angus had talked about meeting parents and her and Amir still taking their time, the taller woman had focused on her cake. Picking up the hint, Megan simply took some drinks of coffee while eating her own cake. Angus had been right, it was divine.

The blonde young woman looked up as Angus talked about never imagining herself in Freedom City. But before she could answer, the chaotic scene outside the coffee shop began to unfold.

Megan had to hold herself in check to keep from instantly reacting. When she saw the second figure land, she instantly recognized him from an incident back in December. Just great, him again. She thought to herself as she glanced over at Angus, unsure how she was going to get away from this to try to do something about Bonebreaker.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agnus couldn’t help but roll her eye’s trust this city to prove her point in such a dramatic manner. But it also lead to another problem, how exactly was she going to distract Megan to go take a pop at these potential villains? The most important thing was to make sure she got Megan out of trouble first, after all they hadn’t done anything threatening yet, apart from some property damage.

“Trust this crazy city to prove my point! I’m no expert but they don’t exactly look like the good guys. I think we should move away from the windows.â€

Megan had gotten up as she nodded at Angus' suggestion that they get back from the windows. "I think the guy in green tore smashed up a neighborhood in Kingston back in December." She said. "I am not sure about the other one."

The blonde young woman started backing away from the window as other patrons in the coffee shop were all standing, looking outside with a mix of fear and curiosity, uncertain whether they should be running yet or not. She was not at all certain how she was going to get clear of this to try to get out there, let alone how she could get Angus to leave for some place safe.

GM

Outside, the glowing man on the car had stood back up, looking over at the taller figure in green standing in the middle of the street. "Okay Bonebreaker, you got your shot, now you had better be ready for mine!"

With that, he flew across the space that separated them in a moment, swinging his right fist at the other man. *WHAM* The impact echoed down the street, the windows of the coffee shop quivering slightly from the force of the blow. But the large figure addressed as Bonebreader was slightly staggered by the blow, but then quickly recovered.

Reaching up, he grabbed a hold of the glowing man and then in a quick motion, twisted and threw him right towards the main window of the coffee shop. The window exploded as he smashed through, landing on a display in the middle of the shop which crashed to the floor, coffee mugs and other breakables smashing to pieces.

Whatever hesitancy the other customers may have had, it was gone now, as a few screamed, and most started fleeing for an exit or some form of cover.

The suddenly panic crowd gave Agnus and opportunity to slip away from Megan. When people began to move so did she, taking Megan by the hand, only for her grasp to slip and for her to be lost in the crowd. It wasn’t exactly an Oscar worthy performance, but it had the advantage of getting the job done.

Then it was a simple matter of finding a quiet spot to summon her costume from whatever dimension they got stored. Finally she flew out of the back of the coffee shop coming up and around the building to look as if she came from somewhere else.

GM

Having used the crowd to separate herself from Megan, Angus slipped out of sight and was soon transformed into Young Britannia. Flying up over the back of the coffee shop, she saw the glowing was already back out in the street, trading blows with the larger man he had called Bonebreaker.

Just then, the two combatants were surrounded by what appeared to be ghostly flames, which served to push them apart, at least for the moment. Across the street, Young Britannia spotted an attractive redheaded woman in a red and black skintight bodysuit. Ghostly flames swirled around her and her eyes glowed with a yellow/orange light as she looked at the two figures. "That is enough boys!" She called out, though she clearly seemed to be enjoying the little brawl between the two men.

Pulling himself free from the ghostly flames that had stopped, him, the one called Bonebreaker looked over at the redhead with scowl. "I thought we had something good going, but you just go and toss me aside for this loser!" He replied, gesturing towards the glowing man who was also freeing himself from the ghostly flames, though with a little less ease than Bonebreaker had.

"I'd be careful who your calling a looser." The glowing man stated with a sneer. "If it was not for me, you'd be rotting in Blackstone right now."

The redhead gave Bonebreaker something of a coy shrug. "Well, it was nice, but like Raditron said, he kept me out of prison, while you almost got me locked up because you got beat by a girl!"

After being separated from Angus by the crowd, Megan had taken the opportunity to duck out of sight before she was speeding down an alleyway far faster than most could follow. A second later, she was several blocks away and on the rooftop of a building, already changed into her Velocity costume. Stowing her bag with her normal clothes in a space near some of the mechanical for the building, she was then off again in a blur of yellow, speeding off to come back towards the scene by the coffee shop from another direction.

The yellow clad speedster came skidding to a halt just as Mindfire finished telling off Bonebreaker, her long brown hair of her wig swishing up from the sudden stop. "Funny Mindfire, as I recall, you were not doing so hot yourself." She called out with a grin from a nearby intersection. "So, speaking of that girl, nice to see you two again. This time I'll make sure you end up in Blackstone."

Agnus stopped a good distance above the coffee shop to take in the whole show started to kick off. She wasn’t hard to miss her aura glowing bright white in the darkening skies.

“Would you three mind waiting here why I go for popcorn, cause this is pure Jeremy Kyle.†As Young Britannia her voice lost its distinctive London Accent for more generic English

“Name’s Young Britannia, costume might be a bit of a clue, and I don’t think any of us has had the pleasure. So hi there…†she gave a little wave

“I don’t suppose any of you would consider surrendering? then we could work all this out in counselling.â€

Banter aside, Velocity knew this was going to be a tough fight, particularly with the addition of the third villain, who matched the description of one of the ones who had helped these two escape police custody the last time. Not wanting to let Mindfire get going, the speedster was off in a yellow blur, closing the distance in the blink of an eye.

"Really, a lovers' spat? And you two seemed like such a happy maladjusted couple." She quipped at the redheaded villainess as her right hand shot out with a *CRACK* as it broke the sound barrier.

*WHAM* The supersonic punch connected with Mindfire's jaw, staggering the woman back a step or two, but she remained on her feet. However, the speedster was already gone, speeding back away from the villainess and coming to a halt a short distance away close to where Young Britannia was hovering in the air. "Good to meet you Young Britannia. I'm Velocity." She called up to the other superheroine. "The redhead is Mindfire, a pretty nasty psychic, so it might be good to get her out of the fight fast. The big guy in green is Bonebreaker, your typical bruiser. The other guy…I’m not so sure, but he matches the description of one of the two who helped these two escape from police custody. According to reports, he blasted apart a patrol car with an energy blast."

GM

A scowl forming on her face as she wiped a bit of blood from her chin, Mindfire’s glowing eyes quickly locked onto the yellow speedster. "Last time we met you were lucky I focused most of my attention on your electricity wielding friend. This time I won't be as generous!" She screamed as the ghostly flames flared around her hands as she brought them up in front of her.

Similar ghostly flames appeared around Velocity, causing her to cry out in pain as she was staggered backward as Mindfire's mental power stabbed into her mind.

Bonebreaker grinned at the speedster’s pain. "I'll deal with you in a moment speedy." He commented. "But first.." With that he leapt towards Raditron, swinging his meaty left hand. The fist connected with the glowing villain, who was a bit surprised by the attack. *WHAM* Once again nearby windows rattled from the impact of the powerful blow, and Raditron was sent flying backward to smash into the side of a parked van, causing a massive dent before falling to the pavement in a dazed heap.

"Bonebreaker, you idiot!" Mindfire screamed, shocked that he continued his attack on their fellow villain.

Agnus herself knew almost nothing about physics, apart from the practically application of sound waves. Someone in the spirits past did however know a little, well maybe a lot, more. One fact she knew from this was that Photons could be connected even if they were separated by distance.

This was useful as right now she was concentrating on a series of photons in the middle of the villains trying to convince them to suddenly let off a flash of light. It wasn’t something she normally sis, so it took more o her concentration than normal.

“You’re behavior out her is just terrible, it’s enough to make my college Velocity here cover her eye’s. Still it’s just as well I’m here to shine a light on the whole situation.â€

Then as planned she finally go through to the photons filling the area with a blinding flash of light.

Young Britannia's blinding flash of light filled the area around the three supervillains, but all appeared able to avoid the effects of the light, shielding their eyes or turning away at the last minute.

Down on the ground, the yellow clad speedster was spared the effects of the blinding light, and managed to shake off the effect of the burning pain Mindfire had sent through her mind. "That was a good thought." She commented up to the other heroine in regard to the flash of light. It certainly could have helped with Mindfire if it had worked.

In a blur, the speedster was back over by Mindfire. "Yeah, maybe you can dish it out, but can you take it?" She asked as another *CRACK* sounded from her fist breaking the sound barrier. This time Velocity put just a little more of her speed into the force of the blow, sacrificing some accuracy. The blow connected solidly under Mindfire’s chin with a *WHACK* that rattled the window of a nearby car. The redheaded villainess was lifted up off her feet as she went flying back some thirty feet, smashing into a concrete wall. Chunks of concrete fell to the ground with the supervillainess, who seemed dazed by the attack.

Velocity stopped in place this time, turning slightly to regard the other villains a moment while the technology in her goggles keep Mindfire within sight as well.

GM

The satisfied grin that was on Bonebreaker's face from decking Raditron and avoiding the flash of light faded when Velocity delivered a powerful blow to Mindfire, sending the redhead sailing backward until she hit a wall. What sounded like a growl escaped the large man’s lips as he leapt into the air, easily covering the thirty feet between him and the speedster. "Alright, now we see how well you can take a hit!" He yelled as he came down, one of his large fists swinging at the heroine. But the agile Velocity managed to easily dodge the attack, and Bonebreaker ended up smashing a hole in the pavement, a few chunks flying in every direction.

Over by the van he was knocked back into, Raditron climbed back to his feet. "Alright, you want to play that way Davis, we can keep at it, but why not try two-for-one." With that, the glowing villain brought both hands up in front of him as he unleashed a hail of quick bursts of radiation in a wide cone in front of him, centered on Velocity and Bonebreaker.

The radiation blasts ripped up the pavement and blasted small holes in a couple of parked cars. Both Velocity and Bonebreaker tried to avoid the stream of energy, both succeeding to some degree or another, but not completely. The few bursts that hit Bonebreaker did not even seem to faze him, as he remained focused for the moment on the yellow clad speedster. Velocity managed to twist and turn, avoiding many of the bursts, but a few still caught her on the side, causing her to stagger slightly from the impacts as she grunted in pain, but she otherwise remained on her feet and focused.

Agnus couldn’t help but deflate slightly as her flash of light failed spectacularly. Still it needed to be tried, and it might have worked. It probably didn’t help that Agnus had a nagging feeling that she was out of her league, to be fair it was something she’d often felt when fighting alongside other heroes. Maybe it the little girl from London speaking but the American heroes felt more capable. Now wasn’t the time to be all wracked with self-doubt, no right now she needed to step up and do her part.

And wow when did she start sounding like a motivational poster?

Her aura building up with power she picked one of the bickering males, Raditron was probably the biggest threat to her.

“Okay boy if you won’t stop fighting I’m going to have to break you tow up. â€

She released a burst of energy from her aura toward this Raditron.

GM

Whether it was just arrogance or just because he was more focused on the apparent rivalry with Bonebreaker and some vendetta against Velocity, Raditron was not paying close attention to Young Britannia. That proved to be a major mistake as the burst of energy slammed into the glowing villain from the side, staggering him up against the side of the battered van. He managed to say on his feet, though he was leaning heavily on the van to do so, but certainly seemed to be in bad shape as he shook his head, trying to regain his bearings.

Despite the pain from the hits she had taken from Raditron's attack, Velocity was still very much in the fight. She grinned slightly as she saw the other heroine deliver a solid hit on the glowing villain that certainly took a lot of the wind out of his sails, so to speak. But, she knew there the fight was far from over.

Glancing up at the towering Bonebreaker, she gave him a grin. "You really want to do this dance again? Don't forget, it only took me two hits last time to flatten you. But we’ll get back to that in a moment. First things first." With that, she was speeding away, running over towards where Mindfire was pushing herself back upright.

"I normally am not one for hitting someone while their down, but given the number of AEGIS agents you've put in the hospital just for kicks, I think I make an exception for you." The speedster stated as she zipped by the redheaded villainess. Another *CRACK* echoed down the street and the supersonic punch connected solidly, however, while Mindfire was clearly hurt by the attack, she kept her focus on trying to get back to her feet.

But the speedster continued on past, turning a corner as she sped off down another street.

GM

Taking the hit, though clearly hurt, Mindfire finished climbing to her feet as the yellow clad speedster disappeared around the corner. Ghostly flames flared around her as she screamed out, "I AM GOING TO MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!" The ghostly flames took the form of wings, as the redhead flew up into the air about thirty feet, turning slightly in the direction that Velocity had been heading after turning the corner. "WHERE ARE YOU!" She screeched as she scanned the area down the road.

Standing on the torn up part of the street, Bonebreaker grinned as he saw Raditron struggling to stay on his feet. Glancing up at Young Britannia, the muscle bound villain stated, "Do what you want with him babe. But if you know what's good for you, you’ll just leave the rest well enough alone. We got no gripe with you."

With that he turned and leapt into the air, arching up over a building and down towards the street that Velocity had turned down, disappearing from Young Britannia's line of sight at the end of the jump.

Agnus couldn’t help but answer Bonebreaker, even if it seemed to be just to herself.

“Sometimes I really wished I could, but no that wouldn't be the right thing to do.†she gave a little sigh. “Well it seems everyone left the party Fall Out Boy, I’d like to think you’d just lie down and give up, but I’m afraid I can’t take the chance.â€

She built up another shot from her aura and sent it towards him, almost as an afterthought..

“Damn I should have got Velocity’s number, don’t suppose you've got her digits?â€

Once again Young Britannia's blast of energy struck Raditron, causing him to grunt in pain, but somehow remain on his feet. However, he was still disoriented, trying to focus on what was going on around him.

Just then a yellow streak came speeding down the street from the left, as Velocity apparently looped around to double back from another direction. Passing behind where Mindfire was hovering, the speedster's right hand moved in a blur of motion as she sent five steel ball bearings flying up towards the villainess, multiple faint cracks echoing in the air as they broke the sound barrier.

All five of the hypervelocity projectiles impacted into Mindfire's back and side, causing her to cry out in pain as she shifted some in the air and appeared to be disoriented and dazed.

The speedster skidded to a halt near the sidewalk across the street from where Raditron was barely staying on his feet. "Nah, I wasn't leaving, just trying to draw them off some before doubling back." She called up to Young Britannia.

Up in the air, Mindfire manages to stay aloft while she tries to shake off the impacts from the speedster’s attack.

Meanwhile, Bonebreaker comes leaping back to land the middle of the intersection, a manhole cover in one hand. "There you are." He states, as he stands back fully upright, and turns to throw the manhole cover at Velocity. The steel disk whizzed through the air with tremendous speed, but the speedster was able to dodge the projectile which seemed almost slow in her eyes. The manhole cover continued on before becoming imbedded half a foot into the concrete wall of the building behind her.

“Oh I know you weren’t going to leave me a chuckles here.†She gestured towards Raditron “But I didn’t want you having all the fun and leave me behind. If we’re going to do this again we really must exchange numbers. But let’s first deal with this unhappy mob.†She gave a large beaming smile.

As she spoke she built up another one of her blast of lights within her aura and then sent another blast flying towards Raditron.

“Also I don’t suppose someone could tell me exactly was all this fuss was about? Just so I’m in the loop as people say.â€

The British heroine once again hit Raditron with a blast of energy, but this time the villain was knocked off his feet and onto the pavement. The glowing forcefield that had been around him flickered out, as he drifted into unconsciousness.

“Nice job.†Velocity commented as one of the villains finally went down. “We will definitely have to exchange numbers.†She then stated.

"Well, back in December, another hero named Voltage and I stopped those two," the speedster pointed towards Bonebreaker and Mindfire, "as they went on a little rampage up in Kingston. Sleeping beauty over there helped break them free and if I am reading things right, Mindfire decided to trade up boyfriends and dumped Mr. Musclebound for the guy who kept her out of jail."

"But lest see what we can do about sending all three to Blackstone."

With that, the speedster zipped back closer towards Mindfire as she recovered from the last attack. Several faint cracks filled the air as Velocity once again sent several hypervelocity projectiles at the redheaded villainess. Just like last time, she hit with all five of them, however this time, Mindfire's forcefield managed to protect her from the impacts, as she snarled and focused her glowing eyes on the speedster.

"Oh, just great." Velocity commented as she skidded to a halt half a block away.

GM

Mindfire swooped down closer towards Velocity as her ghostly psychic fire flared around her hands. "You've taken your best shoots! Now it's my turn!"

Once again ghostly flames formed around the yellow clad speedster, causing her to grimace slightly in pain. However, this time, the speedster managed to shake off the worst of the attack, staying on her feet and keeping focused on the two remaining supervillains.

Bonebreaker watched as the redheaded counter attacked, and then glanced at the downed Raditron and then up towards Young Britannia. "I tried to warn you, but you just seem intent on playing hero. Your funeral." With that he took a slight step forward as he raised his two arms out to either side and then swung them both together in front of him, angled up towards the flying heroine.

*WHAM*

His large hands slammed together, creating a massive shockwave that rippled up towards Young Britannia!

Agnus was buffeted about by Bonebreakers shockwave, as if she was in a middle of a massive storm. But she managed to hold her position in the air almost unhurt, though she was already starting to ache. Despite this she managed to smile and give a sense of false bravado.

“Ah so the whole Bonnie and Clyde thing mixed with a love triangle. Defiantly a Jeremy Kyle thing going on.†she gave a little guilty look “Sorry Jerry Springer I forgot we’re the wrong side of the Atlantic at least from my point of view.â€

She gave a little shrug and then look at Bonebreaker as if noticing him for the first time.

“Oh yes looks like it’s my turn now.â€

She released another of her blasts of light towards the muscle-bound villain.

Young Britannia lets loose another blast from her aura, but this time it just misses its intended target, with Bonebreaker just twisting out of the way. The burst of energy blows a small hole in the pavement as the villain keeps his gaze focused on the flying heroine.

Velocity sends more supersonic projectiles at Mindfire, the faint cracks echoing down the street. While she only hits with four of them this time, the hits are solidly in the redhead's stomach and chest, knocking her backward and causing her to cry out in pain as she appears close to being on her last leg and dazed.

The speedster then runs down the road so she passes out in front of Bonebreaker. "I think it's me you want a shot at muscle head." She shouts as she runs over to the next intersection.