Blod on the Dancefloor (IC)

The massive man swung his hammer at El Heraldo with more enthusiasm than skill. It did encourage the crowd to take a step or two backward.

“I SHALL HURT YOU HUMAN FOR THE HARM YOUHAVE DONE TO OUR CHILDREN.â€

It didn’t take Blodeuwedd long to figure out exactly what was going on. Did this city have anything like a normal night? It would be a massive coincidence if the two incidents weren’t connected.

“Stay here. And put that away, we don’t want to irritate him anymore than necessary.†As she spoke she pulled on her goggles.

Running towards the action she built up speed, vaulting the bar separating the VIP area from the main dance floor. As she did her cloak unfurled around her so it flowed around her as she landed. She had scoffed when Tain had made her practice acrobatic in heels, but now she appreciated the effort. As she did a perfect landing beside El Heraldo she drew Dyrnwyn which filled the area with its unnatural light.

“Friend of yours?â€

Staring at his new foeman, Subito thought Okay...a big, loud old guy with wings and a mace-no, a hammer he gulped a little, which he largely managed to conceal beneath a brazen grin and a cocky tilt to his feathered cap. Any suggestions, O Dame? he thought hopefully I am afraid we will need to observe our enemy for a time. I have never encountered an enemy like this before. Try smacking him upside the head she suggested idly, though from the tone he could easily see the quirk of her lips.

he was just about to reply heatedly when Cerys landed next to him in a swirl of her cloak and glint of the mighty sword. Jumping slightly in surprise at her sudden appearance he answered her instead, much more politely "Alas, no, friend Blodeuwedd. I have just met this gentlemen, who seems to have confused me for someone who has harmed his children. If you will be so kind," he added, beginning to walk up to the impressive winged man, "I would welcome your help in showing this fellow the door" he said the last darting forward, punching with a viciously precise left hook into the stomach of the mighty invader with an impact that resounded around the club. "Unless you want to start explaining yourself, leave!" he told the much older man sternly as he floated smoothly backwards to Blodeuwedd's side "Neither of us will tolerate such assaults. Depart, please, at once and instantly!"

Blodeuwedd turned to Subito and clued in him to what she suspect was happening as simply as possible.

“I thought so, it seems the artifact is nothing of the sort, it’s some sort of mechanical device. He must have been tracking it down somehow.â€

The man had worked himself into a frenzy over his apparent slight and was hardly listening to either of them instead he continued his, rather loud, rant..

“I SHALL PUNISH YOU, PUNISH YOU BOTH, FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.â€

And if to punctuate this statement he caught El Heraldo with a mighty blow with his Warhammer.

As she spoke she watched the man movements to try to figure out his fighting style, and finally with deadly efficiently made a strike with Dyrnwyn. It struck true but skittered harmlessly off his armor.

"A mechanical device? But how could it been mistaken for a mystical artifact? Aren't those things kind of completely different from each other or something?" El Heraldo asked Blodeuwedd with a raised eyebrow "I mean, i'm not a magician bu-"

I SHALL PUNISH YOU, PUNISH YOU BOTH, FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

The young national spirit-bearer turned just in time to see the incoming hammer just as it cashed into him. Due to this, he was able to lash out with the Banner at the legs of the gigantic man, which to his dismay whistled just past his target, making a small dent on the floor that he felt very self-conscious about. Luckily, he wasn't hurt besides in his pride, the sheltering power of the Dama Azure allowing him to absorb the blow harmlessly.

“Well we use trained mundane to search out potential artefacts, we don’t have the trained mages to check everything. Besides I think this guy’s action spooked them.â€

“WILL YOU TWO BE QUIET.â€

The massive Avian swung his warhammer in a massive arc, managing to total miss the pair of them, it did however manage to put off Blodeuwedd well-timed counter attack which missed the foe by a wide margin.

“Though now might not be the time to discuss where the statue came from. Maybe after we deal with this fellow.â€

"An ingenious plan!" exclaimed El Heraldo with a chuckle, holstering his Banner with a ring of metal as it slid into place "I'll try to keep him off-balance for you!" he added, darting towards the Avian with a sharp challenge of "Stand and face a match for your muscle, winged one!" his arms lashing out in a bear hug that swung around the man's hairy arms, his hands struggling to meet each other behind his back.

With no little horror, Subito found his grip feeling almost slack against the powerful brawn of his enemy, and not tensing of his could increase the pressure. Shutting his eyes he called out in his mind O Blue Dame, your strength in this moment! Instantly he found himself filled with renewed power, and he encircled the hammer-bearer like a ring of iron. Granted rang the grave voice in his mind keep at it, I am learning how to defeat him very quickly

"You're going down!" shouted El Heraldo, raising the gigantic Avian into the air before suplexing him into the ground in front of Blodeuwedd flashing her a grin he gestured to their foe with a flourish "If you would do the honors, Mz. Blodeuwedd!"

• 2 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd leaned in a little to the large man at her feet.

“Of cause let me try diplomacy. We’re not here…â€

He however was having none of it and with a speed that surprised the young heroine he swung with his hammer as he leapt to his feet. The blow connected with some force and Blodeuwedd was left stunned by the sudden attack.

“YOU SILVERY WORDS WILL NOT DISTRACT ME FROM MY TASK. I WILL DEFEAT YOU ALL IF NEED BE.â€

He swung his arms out wide and the crowd noticeably moved that little bit further back.

El Heraldo's confident grin vanished in an instant as he saw their Avian foe smash his mighty hammer against Blodeuwedd, leaving his schoolmate visibly jangled and briefly disabled. Darting forwards he sent a vicious jab into the side of the bulky man, striking under the ribs and just abiove the hip , his hand blazing with a burning golden light.

That done, his booted feet rasped and thudded on the dancefloor as he all but danced around the heavier man, settling into a boxing stance between the Avian and Blodeuwedd, standing just to her left so she could attack with ease when she recovered. "Take just one step towards her" he snarled "and you'll wish you had let her reason with you!"

Subito, calm yourself. Getting fired up now is prematur-

He won't listen now, but I'll make him pay attention!

El Heraldo blow struck home true and the massive Avian was stunned by the force of the blow.

Blodeuwedd meanwhile shook her head to recover her thoughts. The first instinct was anger, but she had always been taught to stay calm that wouldn’t help at all. She took a few breaths to calm herself and rcover her composure.

“I’m fine El Heraldo, just a bit of shock, must learn to be more careful.â€

She stood beside her college and made a series of swipes towards the Avian warrior, they all struck home but didn’t seem to do much harm.

"Good to know!" exclaimed El Heraldo with no little relief "Now, let me see if I can punch some sense into our good friend here!" so saying, a faint glow surrounded his limbs, and as it shone he drew back his right arm, stepped forward and pivoted it with super-human force into the sternum of the Avian with a terrific *THUD* as it connected. The force sufficient to knock the wind out of just about anyone.

Watching their foe collapse, he asked Blodeuwedd in a blunt whisper "Alright, seriously Blodeu: why the heck was this guy here?! What IS that thing supposed to be?" briefly turning to the people around them watching the fight, he announced grandly(with a stronger than usual accent) "And so, Freedonians, I think we have all learned a valuable lesson: no cutting in line!" he joked with a wink visible through his mask.

A cheer went up among the crowd and feeling that the show was now over people went back to their drinking and dancing. Feeling that it was now safe, the clubs security came over to help secure the birdlike warrior.

The danger now over Blodeuwedd's mind returned to the problem in hand, with El Heraldo hogging all the limelight she had already faded into the background and was now planning on slipping away.

“I’m going to try and find out what I can on where my contact got this artifact from, can you handle the police for me? Best to leave its existence out of the story until we know a little more about what it’s for.â€

Nodding once, El Heraldo quickly stepped outside to meet the officers of the law. "Good evening, Freedom's Finest!" he said brightly "I am El Heraldo, one of your fair city's newer champions of order and justice. This place was, as the proprietor will be happy to tell you I am sure, attacked by a very large and disgruntled Avian who mistook us for people who had stolen something of his. He was immune to reason, so I took action to prevent him from being a danger to the citizens nearby..."

He stayed long enough to answer all questions put to him, jauntily thanked them for coming so quickly to the disturbance, and flew off!

...into an alleyway to reverse the transformation, regaining his normal garb. He made his way to a corner where he could see the entrance of the dance club, where he waited for Cerys.

A few second later a voice by his ear showed that Blodeuwedd was now her.

“You handled that well, I hope you don’t mind taking all the credit.†She stepped out so she was now beside him “I’ve had another word with Nash and found out all I could about this little artefact.†She gestured to the statue now sitting in her bag “I’m going to try and find out who sent it and why, if I do are you interested in tagging along?â€

There was an slightly pause after that and then a slightly more Cerys like voice asked. “I know this little diner, they know how to make a decent tea and know how to fry an egg properly. How about I treat you to breakfast, as thanks for the help you've given.â€

Intent on the front door, the stocky teen jumped when his schoolmate's voice seemed to come out of nowhere. Man, she's good he thought admiringly. Aloud he said "Nah, thanks for being a good sport about it, Blodeu. And also for letting me help, it was a pleasure to do battle by your side," he added with a grin, slipping into the EL Heraldo voice for a moment before bursting into a fit of silent laughter. Abruptly remembering himself he quickly adopted a more serious mien. "Yeah, I'm in. With all this going on, gotta see this through at least"

He blinked at her offer to treat him to breakfast, is mind flashing back to the recently-acquired funds nestled in his pocket. I could just..nah, I'll pay her back for it. No reason to be rude and go all 'Oh no, I can pay'. That decided, he smiled gratefully and nodded "That sounds awesome! Lead on, Miss Cerys, and let's see if this place is half as good as you say" he grinned widely "I warn you though, I 'm not easy to impress when it comes to eggs."