Slave to Time (IC)

GM

“You know your history, you much realise how much people gave up to overthrow those chains. The rein of Lemuria has passed it’s time has gone. But there noting to say that we couldn’t try to live together in peace as equals. Isn’t that why people are fighting and dying in this war?â€

"Equals? Equals?" the man laughed.

"Humans were born to be slaves! Can you not see? what have they done with their much vaunted freedom? wars, horror upon horror. No, it is your blind nature to seek your own destruction. Freedom! Freedom! call the slaves, without the wit to know what to do with it...No! your true place is here!" he laughed, showing the two avatars the chains of Lemuria.

"You are only truly at peace with yourselves when in chains!"

He wrapped the chains around his hands, slowly, deliberately.

"I am Lorenzo Vile, a Sorcerer, you might say. A servant of Set, and the blood of the Serpent People runs through my veins. In the deeper south, where Slavery is rife, and the Serpent Cults live, I shall take my place, and turn the tide of the war. Your future will be forgotten, and slavery will rise, like a spirit..."

He smiled, coldly. Yes, there was something serpentine about him.

"I have no need to break you to my will today, although it would be a delight to do so. No, your time will come, when the armies of the South march forth to break wills and bones all!" he snarled.

"And you can stay there, my pretty little slave!" he said directly to Young Brittania mumbling some gibberish phrase that still managed to tune itself crystal clear to her ear. With that, he turned heel and dashing off into the dark!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

Before the two avatars of freedom could act, Lorenzo gave a snap smile and cackle. He dove off to one side, ducking into a tunnel no bigger than he was, or even slightly smaller. His laughter echoed and reverberated down the stone tunnel, giving it a horrible and melodramatic quality.

"A snake knows when to flee! Do not think me the fool!" he hissed, as he made his way down the tunnel.

The two heroes could only barely see the entrance to the tunnel - down its path, only pitch blackness awaited, with the faint illumination of Young Brittania glowing off the nearby stone walls but not providing the light to see down it...

Subito had been totally silent throughout the short exchange, confident in Young Britannia's prowess of dealing with skeevy folks. He had gritted his teeth at the speech about the Chain of Lemuria, and the comment about how humanity was meant to be the slaves of the Serpent People If that was ever true, it isn't now he told himself fiercely, though he was utterly baffled at the idea that humans might not have been the Earth's dominant species for as long as he had thought.

Starting at the sudden retreat of their enemy, El Heraldo called out sharply "Hold it right there!" and shot after him into the darkness of the tunnel!

Sadly for him, he failed to see the tunnel wall(the passage not being quite as straight as he'd hoped) before smacking into it head-first with a very loud *THUD* and collapsing to the ground for a brief instant while a small rain of bricks, fragments of wood and clumps of earth poured down on his head. Pulling himself roughly to his feet using the rugged wall as a support, he shook his head blearily, stars exploding in his vision.

Turning to where he had the suspicion Agnes had been last he asked confusedly "Did I get him? I think I got him. Who was that again?"

She was still a little miffed and as normal that transferred to her aura that glowed a little brighter.

Wait why not use that to her advantage? It would take a lot of effort, she always found using her powers draining, but it should be enough to light up the tunnels.

Concentrating all her effort for a few seconds her aura began to glow brighter and brighter until it was as bright as daylight banishing the darkness around her.

She then took of down the tunnel at a slower and much more careful speed than normal until she had Lorenzo in her sights ready to let fly with a blast of light.

GM

Vile's face was illuminated in the glow of Young Brittania, and it was a face of surprise. It was eerie, to see his thin astute face flickering in the bright lights of the heroine.

"Light?" he said, simply.

"I can snuff that out..." he retorted, with a click of his fingers "...like the illusion of freedom, like the horror of hope, it will be diminished. All light is ethereal, transient. An illusion!"

As he spoke, snake trials of darkness flew from his mouth, curling and writhing, more and more, like an oily smoke running down the tunnel. But the light of Young Britannia burned fiercer, and the smog shattered and burned against it.

"Insect!" he shouted at Young Brittania, furious with her, backing down the tunnel further.

"You shall be bound to my chains, to serve me as a dog forever!" he shouted.

"You must...get new words..to say" managed the Herald as he got a vague sense of his bearings, helped partially by the sudden flare of light and attempted counterattack of darkness. and flew down the tunnel towards the originator of the dark backlash, displaced air kicking up a small flurry of dirt and grit into the air as he landed just short of bowling the man over. "Hold still" he told Lorenzo gravely "I can't see you too clearly yet" and with those words his arms swept around the servant of Lemuria, pinning his arms to his sides in a super-human bear hug.

"I don't know if what you say is true, but if we can stop it, we'll never be slaves of the Serpent People again" he declared with total seriousness. His fuzzy brain gradually working out a definite problem, however, and he dearly wanted to ask the Blue Dame about it. It'll have to wait...

She caught up to Lorenzo again to see that Subito already had the situation well in hand. She floated over to the struggling man, until her feet almost touched the ground.

“Has this war not taught you anything? Mankind are never going to just roll over and give in. And even this primitive world has wonderful, terrible, toys of death that are going to give your snakes a really bad day."

As she talked she drew her arm back waiting for the right moment to strike.

“I’m really going to enjoy doing this.â€

She drew her arm back and powered it towards Lorenzo.

GM

Lorenzo squirmed, like the snake he (at least partly) was, somehow shaking El Heraldo off balance and Young Brittania with him.

"Haha!" he yelled, barely believing his luck. Inspired by his success, he summoned forth a burst of strength, beyond that of normal men, and exploded from El Heraldo's grasp.

"See!" he snarled "You are slaves, nothing less!"

With that, her raised the Chains of Lemuria high and gazed upon the two heroes.

"Look upon your doom, slaves! Look upon your chains, and despair!"

With that, a horrible wave of despair wrapped around him.

A familiar feeling began to weave its way around the heart and mind of El Heraldo, as he stared briefly at Lorenzo. A feeling of meaninglessness, that no matter what he would never be strong enough, that every attempt he and Young Britannia made would be fruitless, that all was already lost.

The big difference was that this time there was no accompanying horrors. Also he was very angry at how even slightly their quarry had escaped his mighty grasp.

Thus, with a furious roar in which both voices were heard again "For the Island! For Puerto Rico!", and a fist filled with despairing power, he hurled himself at the emissary of Lemuria, and traitor to humanity.

Slamming his left foot onto the hard ground with a spray of dirt, he gauged the distance between his hand and the man's sternum with a weary care, and swinging himself into the blow sent his fist ploughing into the man's wiry ribcage, a sudden surge of power filling him with a vigor he had never before felt, and which put a weight behind his arm like he had hit the man with an anvil!

GM

The blow caught Lorenzo squarely, despite his speed, right in the sternum as El Heraldo had planned.

"Set!" he wheezed, the air escaping from his lungs, yet still he remained upright through force of will alone.

"Why do you...persist?" he gasped, throwing El Heraldo a look of hate "...in resistance? it is folly! you where born to be slaves, and slaves you shall be, now and forever more! resistance is futile!"

With an effort, he grasped the glinting chains of Lemuria and rose up from his doubled-over position...

Somewhere deep inside she had this horrible feeling that this horrible man was right, that the whole think was quite hopeless. As such thoughts crossed her mind her glowing aura began to dim until it almost extinguished.

But his own hate full words broke her mood, she wasn’t going to let a berk like this get the better of her. She concentrated her effort and her aura flare back into life, maybe a little more than she had planned. She was going to have to shed some of this energy.

“Wow so original! We’re too stubborn to submit, and to pretty to die. Oh Heraldo I’d close your eyes right about now.â€

With that she released a massive burst of light.

GM

"What?" screamed Lorenzo, losing his patience.

"You and your damned, impudent light!" he yelled, as the brilliance exploded into his eyes, blinding him.

"Cursed mongrel slave woman!" he screamed at Young Brittania "your place shall be at my knees when I am done with you! Your light, snuffed out, like your freedom!"

Once again he started spewing forth arcane mumblings that not even El Heraldo could understand, black, oily words that belched forth, this time with renewed vigour.

"You have blinded me with your light, now let me blind you with my darkness!" he laughed as the oily smoke swirled around and snuffed out the light Young Brittania had shone, plunging the damp, cold tunnel into complete darkness once more...

Buffeted by the brief war of dark and light, Subito stood stock still for a moment as he slowly got his bearings, wincing as Lorenzo began yelling in the hard tunnel, the sound waves slamming into his ears. One good thing came of it however. While moving his arms to cover the afflicted ears, he accidentally jostled the Banner still holstered in its ring. Wait a sec he thought, drawing the staff from its mooring I have the power to use this to bring hope to myself and others, maybe I can.. Yes, quickly! You must destroy this pall before it saps more of you and the Spirit of Justice's strength!

Nodding weakly(a gesture utterly pointless in the inky darkness), El Heraldo raised the Banner on high, calling to Young Britannia "Take heart! This darkness is but a passing shade! He has no true power of himself, merely a borrowed might that shall be easily overmatched by our own patrons!" the flag suddenly glowed, a thousand voices cried out in triumph, and their feet thundered across an unseen plain, charging to victory! His voice swelling with emotion Subito declared "Alone we might lose, but together we shall prevail!"

The dark feeling of dread and despair lifted as he spoke from their shoulders and hearts, burned away in the the fire of Hope.

Young Britannia’s aura kicked back in as Heraldo words starting to sink in. What was she thinking letting this little worm get to her, the last statement was telling as well letting her know exactly what her was thinking.

“Oh I see so all slaves are lesser, but some slaves are lesser than other. I suppose in this New Snake order your kind will be Viziers and servant’s while us lesser will toil in the fields and do all the work. Well here’s a News Flash for you, skin color won’t matter to the Snakes, black or white won’t matter when your skin is green. I'll give the Serpent's this at least they hate all humanity equally.â€

As she spoke her aura started to glow brighter and brighter as she began to regain her confidence, especially her hand as she prepared for an attack.

“Oh and by the way the term is multiracial, any easy mistake to make. Oh wait no it isn’t.â€

GM

"I'll clamp that slippery tounge of you, wench!" laughed Vile, and not in a very nice way. Not at all. In the kind of way that he meant he would literally clamp her tounge.

"So, I have had enough playing with you fools. You will break before the power of Lemuria! you think not? Then let me show you the true power of the chains I now wield!"

With that, he whipped the chain around Young Brittania, its silvered metal snaking around in the darkness, growing and snapping off, fold after fold of chain slipping around her form.

"Be chained! Be enslaved! Serve Lemuria forever!" he commanded.

Just as the Lorenzo attempted to bind the Spirit of Justice in servitude to the cold power of Lemuria, EL Heraldo shot forward to where he guessed the man was in the darkness, the glowing Banner whistling viciously around in an arc through the pitch blackness toward the sorcerer's legs as he shouted "Will you listen for once? We'll never fall to the Serpent People again!". If I can knock him off his feet, the fight will be all but finished! thought the young paragon. He bent the muscles of his back and arms to the task, to make up for the fact that he had no idea if he could even hit the man.

As it turned out, the flagpole swung harmlessly short and to the left, bouncing off the wall with a startling *gongggg!* El Heraldo scowled into the blackness before realizing how stupid that looked and stopping, instead calling out "Young Britannia! You alright?".

She deftly avoided the wicked looking chains that Lorenzo was wielding

“Yeah I’m fine, I’m just disproving his carefully constructed, and totally wrong, racial theories.†She sounded quiet happy despite all of today’s event’s.

She hated to admit it but she suspected that her lighting wouldn’t be powerful enough to dispel his darkness. It had already been quite draining to power the aura and this constant backwards and forwards wasn’t really helping matter.

Instead she unleashed a number of bolts of lights aim towards the dim shape that seemed to be wielding the chain. It might not necessary hit, but hopefully it would illuminate Lorenzo enough for Subito to find the target.

GM

Only the faintest glimmers penetrated the thick oily blackness that had spewed from Lorenzo's mouth, but the flurry of light she unleashed found an unwilling target, hitting him squarely.

For a second his knee's buckled and the chains of Lemuria he held started to slip from dazed fingers.

"No, no!" he shouted, to himself as much as the two heroes in front of him.

"I will not let go! I defy you!" he said, his will resolved and his grip tightening around the chains with steel certainty. He straightened up, his face alive with defiance.

"And we shall defy you, traitor!" yelled Heraldo, his voice roaring and booming through the narrow tunnel, making echoes that made his own ears ache "We will defy you and your enslaving masters to our dying BREATH!" he thundered, punctuating the last word by slamming one of his feet into the ground to anchor himself, inhaling massively enough to cause a small vortex, and exhaling like the back of a jet engine as he sought to send Lorenzo clear off his feet!

GM

The wind echoes and resonated down the tunnel in an almost musical manner. It's force, however, was considerable and magnified in the enclosed space, to hurricane levels.

Lorenzeo leaned into the wind, and swung his chain onto an iron fixture on the tunnel wall. He tried to speak, but the force of the wind took his breath, and voice clean away. His words were inaudible to Young Brittania and El Heraldo, but they could be heard at the end of the tunnel, wherever that was.

"Then I shall take that as a request to die!" were the words, lost forever to the force of El Heraldo.

With that, his footing slipped on the damp tunnel floor, and he span a full 360 in the air, stumbled, and fell flat on his behind.

Agnes didn’t want to risk relighting her light but from the faint glow of her aura and his constant curses, which had become boring 300 years ago; it wasn’t too difficult to work out where he was. She wasn’t sure if it was just that there luck had turned but the darkness didn’t seem as oppressive as it had before. But best still not to dwell to long in the darkness she had meet, abet another lifetime ago, some of the creatures that dwelt below the earth.

Building up another charge of light she sent it rattling off towards the sounds of Lorenzeo.

GM

Despite the darkness, the tunnel was small, and there was only a limited amount of space where the sorcerer could actually be. The damp stone walls flared with light briefly, before once again succumbing to the oily darkness of Vile.

"Aaaargh!" screamed Vile, splashing on the wet floor of the tunnel. This time he was in pain, and the fight in him was beginning to weather. He had no energy for a pithy comeback, but instead stamped the floor of the tunnel with his fist.

"No!!! I won't let it end like this, not here! not now!"

Seeing in the flash of Mz. Stone's blazing attack, the Herald noted the posture of Agnes, realizing that she seemed to be tiring now that the fight appeared to be drawing slowly to its conclusion. Placing a hand on her shoulder he said with utter sincerity "Comrade, it is my belief that we shall soon have the honor standing victorious over this man, so let me lift the weariness from your arms" the banner flared once with a stream of dense golden fog that swirled around the Spirit of Justice, clearing the mind, bolstering the spirit and dissolving the tiredness of the body.

That accomplished, he turned sharply on Lorenzo. Walking up to where he had heard the furious splutter he grabbed out at where he presumed the man to be, found his collar and held him up for a second. "Then we shall battle you until you decide the time has come" he said crisply, punching him with tremendous force in the sternum.

GM

The fist of El Heraldo, the fist of Liberty caught him with all the power of his patron behind it. Lorenzo, ever the snake, twisted, but it was to no avail. El Heraldo swore he could hear a rib snap under his knuckles.

"You...will...pay...for...that...curr...." retorted Lorenzo, on his knees, the wind escaping from his lungs as he forced out his feeble defiant words.

He looked up to the two heroes in the darkness, his eyes as black as the oily depths around them. Somehow, however, the light of confidence had gone out of them. The devilish cunning was still whispering in them, however.

Sensing that the tide of battle had begun to turn Agnes just couldn’t help but give a little smile and her aura shone just a little bit brighter not enough to dispel the darkness but it was enough. She let off a series of careless little blasts, not really paying much attention of where the blast was travelling.

“You’ll never win you know, because there will always be people like us to stop you. I’ve stopped your type before and I’ll do it again. So you know there is nothing wrong with surrendering to us right now, it’ll save you some time and a lot of pain.â€