Magic mayhem (AKA Scuffles learns GMing)

Scuffles

Okay so I've been kicking an idea for a thread around in my head for a week or two now and I've decided that I might as well give some GMing a go. The basic concept is a small group of magically gifted teenagers getting in over their heads and running amok in their pursuit of great power. And heroes (hopefully) stopping them of course.

Warning: I'm a beginner. This thread will contain Scuffles making mistakes! Probably lots of mistakes! :D

Luckily the helpful Supercape has agreed to look over my shoulder and help me out when I get confused!

I'm planning on this being reasonably lengthy, probably with a couple of little fights, some investigation in between while the heroes try to track down what's going on, then a showdown at the end to finish it all off. I'd also like to keep it ticking along reasonably quickly so I'd ask that you don't apply if you can't commit to getting a post in at least every couple of days.

I'm after 3 PCs in the PL10-12 range. I'm willing to take lower PL characters but they won't be getting too many concessions so expect them to have a rough time. At least one magically inclined character would be a good thing, and if your character has a thing for punching demons they might enjoy it too. :twisted:

I'll probably be looking to kick things off around next weekend some time.

Jubatus (PL 11 speedster) isn't magically inclined, but with Jack of All Trades, he can fake it -- which could be rather interesting, considering that he doesn't care for magic At. All. A hardshell atheist/rationalist (that being Jube) facing a menace that isn't just magical, but is, in fact, honest-to-Lucifer demonic? What's not to love?

Okay, I think I'm going to go with Rene, Revenant and Weaver. If it goes well I'll definitely be interested in doing another one with Jube and Sage another time.

I'll finish working out a couple of details over the next couple of days and get the thread up soon!