It Looks Better on Me! [OOC]

Airon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would indeed like to write about diving in front of the laser.

Anyway, DC25 TOU check: 21, another Bruise.

ok, you forgot the -1 for the previous Bruised condition. That would make your result 20, failing by 5 (bruised and dazed). BUT I messed up the DC (it was 23 since Sneak attack doesn't apply), so it's all good, you fail by 3 and you get only another bruise.

23) G-Stunt, 2 HP, bruised, injured

10) Looking glass, unharmed

6) Heraldo, 0 HP, bruised 2 (-2 TOU)

4) Net Fly, 0 HP, unharmed

G-Stunt will use Acrobatic Bluff as a Move Action (+16-5=11). He'll use Skill mastery, taking 10, for a result of 21.

Looking Glass defends with her Sense Motive (+4)

1d20+4 → [7,4] = (11) yuppy! she is Surprise attacked (flat-footed: no dodge bonus, no defensive roll)

G-stunt is attacking using his Blast with Power Attack 3 (+10 atk/+4 DC becomes +7 atk/+7 DC)

1d20+7 → [8,7] = (15) whew...

TOU DC 22 for Looking Glass...

1d20+2 → [2,2] = (4) ok that would be Unconscious, fight over. We can't have that.

I'm using a GM fiat: Improved re-roll for her and giving G-stunt a HP.

1d20+2 → [13,2] = (15) ok that's better. Bruised and dazed (not stunned, as per house rules) for a round.

G-Stunt will spend a HP to get Set-Up as an Heroic feat. He'll also Surge to get another action, and spend said action to use once again Acrobatic Bluff against Looking Glass. He'll take 10, 10+16=26. Looking Glass defends with her Sense Motive of +4 and can't make it (natural 20 isn't an automatic success with skills). I'll transfer the bonus to Heraldo.

23) G-Stunt, 2 HP, bruised, injured, fatigued

10) Looking glass, bruised, dazed for 1 round, flat-footed for the next attack by Heraldo

6) Heraldo, 0 HP, bruised 2

4) Net Fly, 0 HP, unharmed

Looking Glass is up, but her dazed condition means she can't take actions, so it's Heraldo's turn.

I'd like to point out that Net Fly is a teenage boy grappling with woman who has Attractive 2. Both are wearing a skin-tight suit. This is going much better than it reasonably should.

ok, G-stunt is too far away to deliver a coup de grace (damn).

Free action: spend HP, recover from fatigue

Move action: move adjacent to the grapple.

Standard action: remove her devices (manipulate objects)

23) G-Stunt, 1 HP, bruised, injured

10) Looking glass, bruised 2, bound and helpless, without devices

6) Heraldo, 0 HP, bruised 2

4) Net Fly, 0 HP, unharmed, grappling

Looking Glass isn't dazed anymore, her action would be to escape from the grapple, but without her devices she isn't that big of a threat anyway.

LG grapple check to escape

1d20+7 → [7,7] = (14)

Net Fly has to top that as a reaction, outside of his round. If he succeeds, Looking Glass will surrender and we can get out of round scansion.

Perhaps, but Net Fly is worried. Even if Looking Glass gave us a fight for our money, the whole issue was resolved too easily, perhaps too neatly.

Looking Glass is, after all, part of a larger group of villains, the Thieves' Guild. Perhaps the attack on the mall was simply a diversion tactic, something big and flashy to take the eyes of any hero on the area from another hit? Perhaps something even more valuable was stolen during the commosion, perhaps it was even a powerful experimental weapon?

And yes, Looking Glass doesn't strike me as one to take a fall for her teammates, even if they can guarantee escape for her, but perhaps even she didn't know she was used as a scape goat.

I think we should at least address the possibility. Who knows, maybe this will set the stage for a more complex, more sinister plot, something to be addressed on a future thread...