page 168 core rulebook

Characters may suffer damage from falls of 10 feet or more. Characters

with the Acrobatics skill can fall greater distances without risk of damage

(see Acrobatics, page 40). Falls have a damage bonus of +1 per 10 feet

fallen. So the Toughness save against a fall of 50 feet would be DC 20

(15 + 1 per 10 feet fallen). The maximum damage bonus of a fall is +20

(at 200 feet) for a DC of 35. After that point the character reaches terminal

velocity and doesn’t fall any faster. Falling into or onto a dangerous

surface may cause additional damage, at the GM’s discretion.

Catching a falling person or object requires a Dexterity check (DC 5).

Taking 10 on the check ensures success for most characters. If you successfully

catch a falling object, subtract your Strength bonus (if any) from

the falling damage. Both you and the object suffer any remaining falling

damage. So if a character with Strength 22 (a +6 bonus) catches someone

falling 120 feet (a +12 damage bonus), subtract 6 from 12, and

both characters suffer +6 damage. If the catcher is using a power—such as

Flight or Telekinesis—to catch the falling object, the power’s rank can be

substituted for Strength bonus at the GM’s discretion.

you can substitute your powers to the Strength bonus, though at least in your case I wouldn't recommend it.

They are falling from 30 feet, so if you have more than +3 to Strength, you get the Damage to zero.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so Herlado:

Move Action to one of the fallers, DC5 Dex check: 21, w00t.

Free Action to deposit faller 1 safely on the ground floor.

SURGE!!!!!!!!!! for extra Move Action.

Move Action to second faller, DC5 Dex check: 5, phew.

Free Action to deposit faller 2 safely on the ground floor.

Free Action to Crack Wise at Looking Glass's own costuming choice.

ok, Heraldo still has half his round (either a move or a standard action, unless he keeps the Surge).

He gets a Will Save DC 16 (10 base + 10 power - 4 strong interaction) to understand what is real and what is not.

If he informs the others, they get the same save.

you can act accordingly to the result of your TS

here's what's real, if you pass the TS

all three girls are illusory. Looking Glass isn't hovering above the atrium but went back into the store to recover the bags of jewels.

if you see through the illusion, you realize that the Looking Glass inside the store is the real one and not a reflection of the one hovering. Otherwise you keep thinking that the real one is flying and the one inside is a reflection.

the girls are just illusory, if you pass, they disappear, insteadm they still seem so very real.

Will save DC 16 for g-stunt

1d20+6 → [7,6] = (13) so we're all suckers. Good.

G-stunt will attack Looking Glass (the fake one) since his two equally gullible partners are doing an excellent job cathcing the girls.

Move action: get close to Looking Glass

Free action: switch from batons to staff

Standard action: melee attack

1d20+8 → [18,8] = (26) nice waste of a shot

at least the heavy interaction broke the Illusion on Looking Glass; as for the girls, new ST (DC 16-4=12)

1d20+6 → [9,6] = (15) whew!

The illusion worked amazingly, it made us all waste a round...

23) G-Stunt, 2 HP, bruised, injured

10) Looking glass, unharmed, laughing her very nice @$$ off

6) Heraldo, 1 HP, bruised, fatigued

4) Net Fly, 2 HP, unharmed, fatigued

ok, so far neither Heraldo nor Net Fly used their HP to overcome the fatigue from the Surge.

Looking Glass used her previous round as such:

Standard action to create illusions

Move Action to get into the store

the present round instead is:

Move action to collect the jewel bags

Standard action to Ready (page 158) an action: as soon as she sees one of the heroes attacking her, she fires a laser a the old lady.

Also, she now is ocnsidered engaged in melee with the old lady, so if you want to avid hitting the lady you get a -4 to any ranged attacks towards her.

Ok... I think I've got it. Can G-Stunt use 2 HPs in succession, 1 to aqcuire the Feat Distract, and 1 to use it with Improved Roll?

p121 "You can spend as many hero points as you have, but only one hero point on any given benefit per round."

If he does that, he will be very likely to succeed. I'm not sure I can think anything else... :(

Sorry, Ari. You must be adjacent to the one you protect, and by attempting to move, you provoke the reaction immediately...

Ah, reading the rules for that feat proves that to be true, I'll think of something else.

you should both read the House Rules very carefully.

Anyway, that's just an option. I'm here to answer any doubt.

So sorry for that confusion! I will take great care to do so in future occurences like this.

Anyway, Heraldo shall make a Move Action a few feet away from the shop and two free actions : one FA to burn a HP to the RNG to remove the 'Fatigued' condition, and the other to talk to Looking Glass, and I'd like to use the Interpose feat on the Defenseless Old Lady should Looking Glass try to make good on her threat. Finally, I would like to enact Total Defence.

EDIT'D TO REMOVE LACK OF COMPREHENSION. TWICE.

ok, Arich, sorry, but remeber what we said the first time you tried Diplomacy: Diplomacy CAN'T be a standard action. It can be a Full-round action with a -10 penalty, otherwise it takes at least a minute (10 rounds). Rules about this are in Mastermind's Manual.

Also, you can't take a Reaction. It's a reaction, you take it automatically when something triggers it. What you can do is inform the others of the fact that "you have it covered", but then you have to wait for Looking Glass to pull the trigger.

I'm sorry for the many corrections, but M&M is a fairly streamlined system, it's easy to learn. You just need to read the rules :mrgreen:

So, if everything thus far is ok, it's my turn now.

First things first, spending 1 HP as a free action, to get rid of Net Fly's Fatigue.

10) Looking glass, unharmed

6) Heraldo, 0 HP, bruised

4) Net Fly, 1 HP, unharmed

now, time to get real. I am using a move action to fly and completely close the distance between me and Looking Glass. This action provokes Looking Glass's Readied action, which in turn provokes El Heraldo's Reaction, Interpose.

After the interpose is resolved, I am using a free action, to switch my active Sonic Converter power to Volume Amp. I am using my standard action to initiate a grapple. I am also using my last HP to get Improve Roll for the attack check.(the upper roll is considered first, and the lower roll is considered second)

1d20+5 → [14,5] = (19)

1d20+5 → [4,5] = (9)

10) Looking glass, unharmed

6) Heraldo, 0 HP, bruised

4) Net Fly, 0 HP, unharmed

Airon and Arichamus roll next.