It Looks Better on Me! [IC]

Airon

Subito's impassioned speech had startled him a lot, and yet, Serge was still feeling depressed. "You ARE right that this isn't a contest, but if you think it will get easier just like that, then you are deluding yourself, my friend. If there IS something to take from what transpired before, it's that we should redouble our efforts towards honing our abilities, instincts, and everything else we could use to help others in their need." Patting thankfully Subito on the shoulders, Serge said "...sigh... I guess there's not much reason lingering on the past, is it?" Finally finding the strength and courage to flash a more genuine smile, Serge said "Well, it's almost 9 and a half, by now. Think we can afford another round of pool before curfew?"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subito deflated noticeably at Serge's concise counterpoint"'Just like that'? Eh, I guess you're right. I'm assuming it'll be less painful than it probably will be" he muttered glumly. At the comment about billiards his ears all but pricked up, and a similar smile appeared to complement Serge's "If not, it won't get us in any more trouble than we probably already are! You're on!" putting his(non-injured)arm around the shoulders of the other Claremonter, Subito propelled him into the arcade towards their recently-vacated table, to resume the hurriedly departed game.

Up on the mall's roof, hidden by the night and by the Thanksgiving lights blinding whoever would look up, stood G-Stunt. He hoped that his goodbye to his young allies didn’t sound too abrupt. It had nothing to do with them: Stuart was just worried that if he’d stuck around for the police, then he would have had to do it for the press, too. And he wasn’t sure he was able to control himself smelling the perfume of fame. Yes, he dreamed of saving the city, giving interviews and being recognized as a hero: but so far, the fact that this scenario was just a fantasy was probably the reason he was still alive and free. Are they still looking for me? Am I deluding myself? Maybe they just don’t care…

The pain in the leg exploded once more when he move after standing still for a while. Landing on this is going to be no fun at all…

He looked towards his house, near Riverside. Usually, he would try to improve his skills by trying to get there with less than four jumps, his personal best: but tonight the record would remain unchallenged.

He concentrated, directed his gravity field towards home, and followed the pull he felt by his barycenter with the whole body, keeping balance while soaring in the cold autumn nightsky - before landing on the healthy leg. “One down†he evaluated the distance “five more to go.â€