Freeks and Geeks (IC)

Paragon

GM Post

The big guy moves a step back out of quintessences range at just the right moment to avoid the attack. Though it does not look like a conscious decision on his part. As he moves back he collapses to the ground shaking the building. Soon after his collapse he reverts to normal size. It is easy to discern that he is still breathing because he is taking gasping breaths. Blood is streaming out of his nose, ears and the corners of hi eyes at this point. It is obvious that he needs immediate medical attention if he is going to survive whatever has been done to him.

Starlight blinked as the hulking giant shrunk rapidly and collapsed. She took a few tentative steps forward, wary for any kind of deception, but when she saw the blood streaming from his head she rushed forward. The heroine's hands glowed brightly as she brought for the healing power of Light. She laid her hands on his chest, willing the energy to go through him and the repair the damages. "Now is not your time to depart," she said softly. "Come back to us, and feel the restorative powers of the Light."

With a bending of space that was both wonderful and slightly nauseating to look at, Supercape warped into existence by the other heroes and the man. In his arms he held the young girl.

"Errr..." he muttered, surveying the scene and quickly concluding that the same fate had hit his charge's companion.

"...spot of bother with this one, chaps" he started. "Dropped down flat on her face, at death's door by the look of it, although I haven't got a medical degree to speak of..."

He laid her gently down to the floor.

"So, if anyone else has, now is the time to speak!" he said with concern on his face.

Starlight glanced at the injured girl. "I know a little about how the body works," she said, "but I do know that life springs from the Light." She reached out with her other hand and extended the healing energies over the speedster. "Feel the Light. Let it into you and let it flow through you. Know the power of the Light, and let it bring you back from the threshold of death. Be healed!"

GM Post

After Starlight's healing ability took effect on the two young people they looked much better. Blood stopped flowing from their wounds their breathing evened out and the collor of their faces returned to normal. The physical danger to the two had passed, but they still did not regain awareness. With the immidiate danger averted the heroes stand aroung the sleeping duo.

As the heroes stand around the duo it is obvious to see the healed surgical scars on the two. Both of these people have shaved patches of skin behind there ears with healed incisions there. There are also other scars on various places on their bodies. It is unclear what purpose any of these could be for. One thing is clear something was done to them and it was probably against their will.

"Nice job" said Supercape as he bent down to examine the scars "quite a handy little trick that. I'll be asking for a house call the next time some supervillain beats me to a pulp".

Not for the first time, he berated himself on his lack of medical knowledge. Damnit, I may not need a medical certificate he berated himself but I should know something... Partly for his own interest, as a genius polymath, partly because, well, it would be useful, he resolved to familiarise himself with basic medical practice and knowledge.

"I don't suppose you chaps have medical qualifications?" he asked politely. "I can only hazard a guess these folks have been experimented on. I'm not a doctor myself, but perhaps a drug? a chemical? I could take them back to the Lab, maybe, have their blood analysed..."

Moments before the two young people before him were near death, but now they were merely unconscious. Impressed with such a display and thankful that the two people could be helped quintessence thought That was fantastic. I'm glad she is here on thin one. I have a feeling there will be more people in need of her help before the night is out. Quintessence listened to Supercape mention experimentation while he examined the two unconscious individuals. Well if these two were experimented on that brings up a few questions. First is who is doing this? Next is Why did he send them here? Finally how do we stop him? I think we need to get these two to a hospital, after that we need to find take a look in their van and see if there are any clues as to who sent them and what they were after. Anybody have any other ideas as to how we can find the monster? Quintessence looks to the two other heroes for their ideas.

"I doubt we can get to the bottom of this here" said Supercape, musing the matter. "And in any case, these two need medical attention..."

He bent down on his haunches, examining the two unconscious bodies.

"Lets take them to the Lab" he concluded "you know it? big shiny skyscraper in Hanover? full of lots of technological stuff?"

He presumed most people knew of the Lab. But "most people" was not "all people". And heroes could be a...strange bunch with equally strange histories.

"It has an infirmary and plenty of equipment to examine these two" he explained.

Knowing that he is out of his depth with any examination that needs to be preformed. Quintessence quickly realizes the lab would be a perfect location to help thses two while keeping everyone else safe. If there were any minds in the world who could tell us what had been done to these two young people and how they were given their abilities they would be the people at The Lab. That is a splendid idea Supercape. I am unequiped to do much for these two. Maybe The Lab will be able to give us some clues as to who has done this to these two people. Any clues would help us right now. I would be most thankful for any help that could be provided. So how do you want to get them there?

"I can get there in a moment" replied Supercape "Just a matter of folding two point in 4 dimensional relative space together, entangling them at a quantum level by parabolic distortions in the m-brane flux through the 11 dimensional singular entrapment of the n over.."

He paused.

"Yes, anyway" he continued "I can take us all there although" he mentally assessed the mass of the heroes and the victims.

"Too much mass for one journey" he explained "I'll take the two victims, can you make your way there under your own steam? I'll let security know, it's not far..."

With a distortion of time, space, and other dimensions, Supercape and the two victims evaporated away.

Starlight crossed her arms and shook her head slightly as the spectacularly caped hero disappeared with the two troublemakers. Suddenly, she dissolved into a cloud of bright motes of light and whisked away, traveling far faster than the unaided eye could follow. The cloud sped over the college campus and across the river, coming together in the Lab's lobby. She took a moment to get her bearing -- traveling like that was fast, but not particularly gentle or pleasant -- and anyway she didn't want to make the building's security too twitchy. She walked up to the front desk, moving slowly so as not to catch any bullets, and addressed the secretary there. "I believe," she said, "that one of your executive officers is waiting for me."

Quintessence looks around at the empty room. Well I guess thatjust leaves me. I guess i'm the slow one around here tonight. Quintessence walks outside to the van that the two would be theives wer driving makes sure all the doors are closed bends down picks up the van and takes off into the air with his evidence on his way to The Lab. Quintessence lands outside The Lab he places the van in ront of the door and enters the loby. Having never been to The Lab quintessence looks around with intrest as he walks up to the reception desk. Hello I am Quintessence I am here with some evidence to see Supercape. Could you please inform him that I have arrived.

Supercape had barely set the two victims on the beds in the infirmary when he was alerted to Starlight and Quintessence arriving at the Lab.

He briefly spoke into the intercom. "That's fine, Mr. Ferringo, they are both expected! scan them in a day pass for the upper levels - I am in the infirmary, level 11..."

Mr. Ferringo, a pleasantly smiling security officer with arms as thick as tree trunks, distributed the two passes, after briefly scanning the two visitors biometric data.

"Come in, come in!" said Supercape beckoning the two heroes in. "Welcome to the Lab. I have just settled the customers in, I am going to take a look at their blood samples now...I don't suppose either of you have any medical or related scientific training?" he asked, hopefully...

Starlight stepped lightly around the medical machines. The Grue Unity was more focused around biotechnology, and while she remembered virtually nothing of her time with them she still had an instinctive distaste for the cold, sterile technology of the Lor and, it seemed, Earth. "No," she said flatly. "The Light grants me the power to heal their wounds, but I do not have the training to understand their bodies, or how it works. I merely know that it does, and act as the Light's servant in this matter."

I too have no medicle knowledge. I am sure I have less then the two of you. Is there anyone at The Lab that could take a look at them? I also brought their van with me when I felw here. If we have some time after we sort them out we should take a look in there to see if there is anything that could let us know what these two were up too. Quintessence says all this while looking around The Lab. It was an impressive structure to behold. He had never been in a super hero base before. His base of opperation being wherever he happens to be at any given moment. It's nice to see how the other half live.

• 3 weeks later...

GM Post

As the heroes talked about what they should do about medical attention for the duo the girl woke up and started screaming at the top of her lungs like someone was ripping her open from the inside out. My head, Oh my god please help me My head feels like it is going to explode. Please where is Dr. Sanvong? I need my treatment! Please give me my treatment. With that outburst the girl started to convulse and then fell into unconsciousness.

GM Post

My head, Oh my god please help me My head feels like it is going to explode. Please where is Dr. Sanvong? I need my treatment! Please give me my treatment.

"Dr. Savong?" said Supercape spinning around as the girl woke up. "Dr. Savong? who is he?" he snapped back, anxiously. When the girl lapped back into unconsciousness, he took her by the shoulders asking her again - but it was no good.

At least she is still alive... he noted, glancing up at the vital signs monitors above her bed.

"It's a lead..." he said to the others "we need to find this Dr. Savong, and fast..." he looked back at the girl "...or...I don't know what will happen..." his voice trailed off.

"This calls for a phone directory!"

Starlight tensed when the young girl thrashed to wakefullness, but there really wasn't anything she could do. The alien heroine put a hand on the girl's shoulder, willing some of the healing energy of the Light into her to sustain her, and then turned away. "I am... not familiar with the name Dr. Savong," she admitted, "but I will search for it." Starlight's feet left the ground and she levitated towards the room's window, one hand on the latch. "I shall meet you again in front of the Sentry Statue, in two hours?"

Supercape sat down by one of the Lab's computers and logged on. It wasn't really his thing, but he had a working knowledge of computers - he had to, in his position. And the internet was easy enough to master with his brain.

"I'll see what I can find. Take a look if any of the hospitals have any information on this chap. And I know a few research institutions, if he is a pHD rather than medical doctor..." he said, almost to himself, as he started searching online.

"2 Hours sounds fine!" he acknowledged to Starlight "and a good meeting point. See you there, hopefully with some information!"

Quintessence Looked at the two young people on the tables and wished he had some skills that would let him be of use in a situation like this. His knowledge was better suited to other tasks though. While you two do som research I will o down stairs and look through the van they arrived in. Maybe I can find some information on what they were up to or other clues there. I will see you in two hours. With that Quintessence flew dwn to the van to search for clues.

Supercape dutifully pored over the various gossip, speculation, and occasional robust fact that peppered the internet. His search was punctuated by the occasional "pfft" and mutter of disgust at the more illogical and impossible conspiracy theories that seemed to grow and mushroom in cyberspace.

"Here we are" he said, tearing off a printout. He liked the familiarity of paper, despite being versed in information technology.

"A possible lead...SV industries. Couldn't do the real digging, but our Dr. Savong is the CEO of the company. And more importantly, the very same was sent to jail a few years ago - something about accidental death of a lab assistant..."

"I don't really have the time or inclination to pore over some legal babble. Dusty and dry. Not when a young ladies life is a stake. Time to meet Starlight and pay a visit to SV industries!"

He stood up, his costume glittering as it changed to his more elegant and huge cape.

"To the Sentry statue! and then...SV Industries!"

After searching through the van for anything that might give a clue to the two's intentions and oming up empty Quintessence was annoyed to say the least. The vanseemed to be compleatly empty. I hope the others have had more luck then I have. My skills in any sort of detective work seem to be saverly lacking I'm afraid. Maybe I coul take some classes in forensics or another subject that might make my job a bit easier. Well no time for that now I mus be off to the meeting with the others. Hopefully thay have had more success then I have. With that last thought Quintessence locked the van and flew off to meet the other heroes.

Starlight pounded the proverbial pavement, but had precious little information to go on. She tried terrorizing the street toughs, cajoling them, even using her Grue abilities to insinuate herself into their social circles, but after two hours she had nothing to show for it. The cosmic Light Bearer hovered in the air, on level with the Sentry Statue's eyes. Her face was its normal impassive mask, but internally she was fuming. She wasn't used to failing so completely; with luck, the other two heroes would have some good information.