Freeks and Geeks (IC)

Paragon

GM Post

Freedom Ledger

Page 4

Streak of missing students at Freedom City University continues to rise. The total number of missing students currently stands at ten students. No common links other than being Students at FCU tie the missing persons together. Over the last three weeks there has been a rash of disappearances on and around the Campus. Police are currently following several leads but no suspects are currently in custody and none of the missing students have yet been recovered.

The atmosphere on the FCU campus is subdued. The President of the University is holding a faculty staff meeting on Friday the fourth on the viability of canceling classes until the current crisis passes. Most students can be seen traveling in large groups. Campus security has canceled all public gatherings until further notice. FCPD has a visible presence on campus. Several Heroes have been sighted patrolling the area the missing students were last seen. Fear and confusion are almost as prevalent as the varied rumors running amuck.

Quintessence had been looking for some kind of clue for the past two weeks now. Not being very experienced in detecting field he had resorted to flying from building to building looking for someone to be kidnapped. While not a very constructive approach it was all that he had. Maybe I should take a class or two in criminology. It would probably come in handy. Man people are getting kidnapped every couple of days and I am still no closer then I was at the beginning of this. Maybe I should put on my street cloths and walk around by myself at night. At least then I would have a chance of the kidnappers looking for me. Shaking his head and thinking of all the reason that is a bonehead idea Quintessence continues his patrol in hopes of finding some clue as to what is going on at his school.

Liz Moya crossed the campus of Freedom City University with quick steps, headed for the science building and her afternoon physics class. The young girl's head was on a swivel, though, constantly turning and checking all the shadows around her. She'd argued with Langston Albright that finding a kidnapper was more important than keeping up with her studies, but he'd pointed out that if someone was snatching kids off the campus, then she already had the perfect cover. As long as she kept going along with her daily routine, she herself was a target.

Liz clenched one hand into a fist, feeling the core of her power inside of her. Just let some two-bit villain try and take her. They'd soon learn what it meant to deal with a Bearer of the Light.

All sorts of strange things happened at Freedom City University. Professor Quentin Quill had even been the cause of some of them.

Kidnapping was a new one.

Professor Quill dusted down his tweed jacket and adjusted his bow tie, walking slowly out of the academic meeting at the university. Even Liebniz had been somewhat subdued - kidnapping students was appalling by anyones standards. The lecturers had been sombre and depressed. There was talk of cancelling, of not cancelling, tightened security, and so on - but at the end of the day, nobody really knew what was happening or what to do.

Quentin Quill was a genius, but not an investigator. Nonetheless, he had resolved to put his mind to work. For he was not just an academic, but also the Quantum-powered superhero, Supercape!

GM Post

You notice a black truck with no lights on and no logos of any kind drive around the back of the physics building to the loading dock. When you get there a few moments later you see the van parked with the doors open and the door to the loading dock ripped open like tissue paper. Through the gaping hole in the side of the building you see nothing but pitch darkness.

Noticing the black van with it's lights off pull around the back of the science building quintessence decides that it looks exactly like the kind of vehicle a kidnapper would use. I should check that out. It could be nothing, or it could the lucky break I was looking for. As he flies over the building to the loading dock he sees the van parked in the loading dock. That's interesting, None of the other kidnappings had damage like that. Looks like I found something interesting in any case. Landing next to the ripped open door he looked in too see nothing but darkness. Wish I had a flashlight or something.

Liz's eyes tracked the black van as it drove around the campus and disappeared behind one of the buildings. She frowned, changing her path to head towards the loading docks. Peeking around the corner, she noticed a man in a silver-gray jumpsuit, cape, and visor; obviously another hero investigating the scene. She ducked back behind the corner again and put her books on the ground. This would probably mean that she'd miss her class, but it was far more important to find out who was kidnapping students. And it also promised to be more fun.

Standing tall and clad in golden armor, the heroine Starlight strode around the corner and easily hopped up onto the loading deck. "Hail, hero," she called out, raising her hand in greeting. At the same time she called forth her power, creating a sphere of brilliant illumination just inside the darkened entryway.

In response to the highly suspicious vehicle, Quentin Quill's tweed jacket and pressed trousers sparkled and instantly transformed into the mask and cape of Supercape!

With a launch into the skies he sped to the scene, alighting on the ground between Starlight and Quintessence.

"Greetings and salutations!" he said by way of introduction, mentally reducing his cape to a slightly less ostentatious size.

"It seems I am not the only one interested in the kidnappings, then! all the better!" he commented as he peered into the darkness. His eyes could not see anything, but his brain was alive to the flow of energy and particles - and he could clearly sense the shape and mass of two figures in the large space beyond.

"Two chaps in there..." he said to his comrades. "Moving off to the left..." he added, half to himself. "It could all be entirely innocent...eh?" he asked the two heroes by his side.

"No, I don't think so either..."

GM Post

When the ball of light comes into being the whole room is illuminated. You see two figures across the room, near a door marked stairs. There is one man and one woman. The man is large and muscular with dark hair. he is wearing a uniform like grey jumper. The woman is small about and slender. She has blond hair and is wearing the same grey jumper as the man.

The two people turn around when the light comes on. For a moment they just stand there and look at the heroes waiting for what is going to happen next. The man says Well would you look at that we have company. What are we going to do with them?

GM Post

When the two turn around everyone but quintessence sees right away that the two in front of you are two of the missing FCU students. As you watch the man starts to grow. In just a few seconds he is as tall as the roof three stories up. You three picked the wrong place to stick your noses in. If you leave now I'll let you live. Otherwise I could use a good workout. With that the 35 foot man takes a very large step forward with a smile on his face. The girl moves forward with him somehow keeping pace with his gigantic steps.

GM Post

I'm Going to enjoy this. With that the girl moves faster then you can track easily with your eyes. She makes a blinding fast attack against Starlight, before anyone can react she is back standing next to the large man. She laughs standing across the room with a smile on her face. The least you three could do is make it a challenge. I would like to at least like to get my pulse rate up.

Of course the girl does not seam to realize that her blinding fast attack had no effect on Starlight.

The girl sprang forward, moving so fact she was just a blur. Starlight felt several light impacts on her chest and glanced down just as the woman reappeared next to the giant. The heroine blinked once and moved her hand in a short arc. A thin beam of focused light sprang out, slicing across the intervening space and leaving a thin, charred line across the speedy woman. "Some advice," Starlight offered. "Hurting someone is as important as hitting them."

GM Post

The girl staggers back from the blow and is visibly stunned into inaction by the blast of light. Whatever whitty reply she would have fired back silenced before it could be uttered by the shock of pain. The smile vanashes from her face as fast as anything else she had done erlier. It is easy to see the girl has no real combat experiance and that hes is holding on to consciousness by the barest of margins.

The Big guys eyes open wide at seeing his companion have so little effect on a seasoned hero and then being shut down like a small child by one attack.

Seeing that the girl should be easily handled, he focuses his attention on the not so jolly giant. Well I would give you the oppertunity to surrender, but I have the feeling that you won't tke it. With that Quintessence flies up towards the cealing on the room and heads straight for the big guys face. He winds up his fist as he moves in and connects squarly with the big guys chin. The bug guy looks mights supprised that someone so much smaller then himself could pack so much punch. You know what they say, the bigger they are the harder they fall. I reccoment that you sit down and give this up. Whatever this is. With that quintessence moves back half way in between the other heros and the big guy.

GM Post

The big guy looks at the little man who hits so hard and smiles. I can take that all day little man. Now comes the time for some pain! This last screamed at full volume with spittle flying everywhere. The giant takes a couple of steps forward and takes a mighty swing at Quintessence with all his might. When he does so it is obveous that he too has no combat experiance. his attack is not even close to hitting quintessence. It lookes more like an untrained child is swinging a large fist. While the fist is swung with tremendous force he doen not even have a chance of connecting.

After making the attak the giant looks a bit confused as to why he did not smash quintessence into the ground.

"Fast and small?" exclaimed Supercape, who had been quite left behind with the flurry of activity.

"Large and Slow?" he added, as the Giant ineffectively pounded away.

He shook his head, he could work this out later. For now, there was danger afoot. Having no wish to pounded flat on the pavement, he erected the quantum lattice of strings that served as a powerful force field around him. The shimmering distortion glowed slightly as he reached out his mind again and shunted a few atoms this way and that, bathing the Giant in a vaguely green hued radiation.

GM Post

The giant shrugs off the attack by Supercape as though it were not there. I'm going to pick you up and beat your friends with your corpse! He screams. At this point the giant man looks past the point of reason. His face is bright red and you can visibly see the veins in his forehead bulging. There is a thin stream of blood running down from his nose.

The girl does not seam to be as deluded as her giant companion is. As soon as Supercape makes his attack the girl hightails it at top speed past the heroes at full speed yelling Run Jason the Tech isn't worth it. . Before you can even blink she is out the door and down the alley.

Starlight knew she wouldn't be able to follow the speeding girl; she could fly, but not nearly as fast as the criminal could run. Instead she turned her attention to the towering man, gathering her power once again. "I would recommend you sit down," she said, one hand glowing brightly, "before we are forced to hurt you." The heroine gestured with her glowing hand and a sphere of bright energy streaked towards the giant's chest.

GM Post

Starlight's' blast slams directly into the chest of the giant. If he feels it he does not give any sign. Though it seems you have yet to do all that much damage to the giant man he does seem to be looking worn out. There is blood coming down his face from his nose, his eyes are bloodshot and you can see a light sweat on his body even though it is a brisk October night. Currently his focus is on Quintessence who is only several feet away from his face floating in mid air.

Quintessence Flies right at the giant mans face. In the process you can see he takes a his whole upper body, and uses all his strength to hit the giant right in the face. The blow is devastating. To an ordinary sized opponent it probably would have put him through a wall. Even with this giant the blow makes him stagger back a few steps and shame his head. I do not wish to injure you, but if you do not surrender I am afraid you will be seriously injured. I implore you to give up this futile battle before it is too late.

Coming to his senses, Supercape took to the skies.

"You fellows look like you can handle the big guy" he said with a quick wave at Starlight and Quintessence.

Two to one looks good odds...and even I can fight better than that giant! he thought to himself as he sped off, trying to reassure himself and not think about the force generated by those massive fists.

"But I would hate to see us let the lady get away!" he added as his cape trailed into the distance.

Flying was not natural for him, it took a particularly difficult folding of space in front of, and behind him, and at the same time compensating for gravity. But it served its purpose. By the standards of many heroes he was not a speedy flier. But it was fast enough.

"If I can just spot her..." he said, scanning the area with his uncanny senses.

Because whilst he was not fast in a conventional sense, there was nowhere in the universe he could not reach by folding space (and other dimensions) together.

GM Post

While running at full speed away from those meddlesom heroes Swift started feeling not so good. Her vision was bluring and her head was pounding. At first as she ran down the alley in a blur she thought the pain in her chest was from the damage she had taken from the heroes. the further she went the worse the pain got. After a few seconds she realized the pin was centered in her chest not at the sight of the burns. That was the last thing she was able to realize before the blackness that had been creeping in around the edges of her vision took over completly, and she fell into nothingness.

Supercape Arrived at the sight of the collapsed girl moments later.

Supercape swept down to the young girl, with a degree of caution. From the looks of her, she was fast but not strong. It was unlikely the lady would be able to penetrate the shimmering field of quantum power that he had erected around him, but unlikely was poor comfort in Freedom City, when the impossible was routine.

As he landed beside her, it seemed the girl was in trouble.

"Hello, I say, hello?" he called out.

"Are you allright?" he added, shaking her by the shoulder gently.

This doesn't look good... he said to himself. He was no doctor, but the woman looked flat out cold, and that was bad. She needed a hospital.

Or was it a ruse? he asked himself.

There was no time to debate the issue, he had a duty to save the girl. With a little difficulty, he gathered the poor woman into his arm around his cape, hoping she would not pop up with a flurry of lightning fast blows as she did.

Starlight took in the apparent non-effect her blow had on the giant of a man, and decided to switch tactics. She gathered her power in her core and sent out a beam of overwhelming, shimmering light aimed at the large man's head. Ones chest is the not the most precise tool, however, and the ray of sunlight went awry, wasted on the shattered building. She cursed and moved slightly, trying to get a new angle on him. "Surrender peacefully," she said. "Your ally has already abandoned you. It is only a matter of time."

Quintessence watched as the dazzling attack by Starlight missed the giant man. The giant man seemed not to even be aware of her attack. Quintessence though "I need to end this fight now before someone gets hurt. This big guy does not look good. Quintessence pulls his arm back for a massive swing, but the bug guy moves his head out of the way at the last second. Quintessences attack misses by a wide margin. Damn I how can someone so big be so hard to hit.