Anyone up for a little SPACE TRAVEL?!

Ari

Hi! Paragon has graciously allowed me to GM a thread for him, and I decided to take it in a different direction: Outer Space!

Basic outline: the Lor blockade keeping most of the worst the galaxy has to offer out of the Sol System has a bit of a morale problem, with the Fleet Captain of one of the squadrons central to the cohesion of the blockade complaining openly of the supposed futility of their mission, citing the various instances of aliens slipping past their nets and wreaking havoc on Earth. As well, he outright despises humans due to hearing reports of activity that directly conflicts with his own vision of what a 'properly developing culture' should be.

Fleet Command has decided to demonstrate to him that humans are entirely worth guarding, and has sent out a request to the Freedom League to send a few spaceworthy individuals to assist on a mission to Sedna, in order to investigate a potential site containing Preserver artifacts. The perils that infect the planet have so far proven beyond the immediate reach of Lor Science, and Fleet Command has decided that their time would be better spent elsewhere, and have planned one last attempt at retrieving the artifacts. The humans(or..not) will be asked to represent humanity to show that the species can work well with others under pressures other than imminent destruction, can use new technologies without long periods of familiarization, and allow the Lor to take the artifacts to their research centers for examination.

Now, I don't see this taking very long, as there are precious few PCs who have any connection to/experience in space. A little exposition, some tense meetings with the embittered admiral, then the main action of getting to the Preserver trove on Sedna, with who knows what dangers awaiting.

Alright, so who we have is:

angrydurf with Phalanx,

Paragon with Quintessence,

Raveled with Ironclad(if it's alright, I'd prefer if she went instead of it being 3/4s a Paragon Party),

last but not least Supercape with Supercape.

I'd say that's a grand party! I won't be on for most of the day, but when I get back I'll get the thread up and running so you guys can teach a Lor admiral the True Meaning of Friendship! :D

The thread will be called 'Seal of Sedna'.