Something Fishy [OOC]

Airon

IC thread is up!

please describe how you get on the crime scene (either on purpose as a police contact, or stumbling upon it after a night out patrolling,or other ways, superheroy or not). In the silence of the last hours of darkness, the noise of the police cars was probably very distinguishable.

ok, so without Supercape (he'll be away for a while) we lose our primary source of detective skills... which isn't good in this phase...

Beck is bascially the police chief archetype, +7 to investigate and relevant skills... I was thinking of having him use the Aid action, but I'm wondering if it would be better to wait for Lord Steam, when Supercape is back...

your thoughts?

on holiday, but do have some limited posting ability! However, I might have to ask GM here to make Lord Steam's rolls on invisible castle as things are wobbly in terms of connection, time, and my netbook which is annoying to use!

Anyway I will be posting when I can, will be back home end of next week.

For now, Lord Steam prancing up in Bessie (his car equipment). If necessary could you make search / notice rolls for him. Investigate comes later I guess when he is analysing any clues.

on holiday, but do have some limited posting ability! However, I might have to ask GM here to make Lord Steam's rolls on invisible castle as things are wobbly in terms of connection, time, and my netbook which is annoying to use!

Anyway I will be posting when I can, will be back home end of next week.

For now, Lord Steam prancing up in Bessie (his car equipment). If necessary could you make search / notice rolls for him. Investigate comes later I guess when he is analysing any clues.

perfect!

the choices are pretty standard, either Search (DC 15 staged) the crime scene, Medicine (DC 20 staged) on the corpse, interrogating the garbageman...

Beck will Aid with the search 1d20+7 → [16,7] = (23) vs DC 10 of the Aid Another action; passed, +3 to the others (damn, that was a wasted roll).

I suppose Steam would Search too 1d20+10 → [12,10] = (22) +3 = 25

I'll wait to see if Revenant and Leviathan would Aid too or do something else before posting the results.

As all my skills are mostly social I'll take a pop at the garabage men.

So using diplomacy 1d20+9=28, thats 34 if they think me attractive. That should get me on there side if needed I'm try Gather Information from them 1d20+8=20.

Hopefully that should cover it.

Ok, that Diplomacy shot would definitely grants you the help of the garbageman, but Gather Information is a broader skill, involving the interrogation of several people for hours, it doesn't really apply here... you just have to talk to the man, roleplay a bit the attitude Lucy has towards him and ask questions...

Wondering if it's possible to perform an arcane ritual that would allow me to do what is referred to as "object reading." That is to say, read the memory of an object or witness things that occured in the vicinity durinng an object's past. One might call it in game terms:

Postcognition (limited to events experienced by touched objects) or what have you. If this would sort of jump the gun and reveal too much too soon, no big deal, just a thought.

Wondering if it's possible to perform an arcane ritual that would allow me to do what is referred to as "object reading." That is to say, read the memory of an object or witness things that occured in the vicinity durinng an object's past. One might call it in game terms:

Postcognition (limited to events experienced by touched objects) or what have you. If this would sort of jump the gun and reveal too much too soon, no big deal, just a thought.

you can most certainly conjure up said ritual, but beware of 2 things

1) you'll still have to Notice and Search the scene, while under the ritual effects, with normal DCs (15 for the basics, then additional info at 20, 25, etc...).

2) post-cognition as you describe I'd consider pretty much as basic post-cognition, no Limited flaw, so 4 pp instead of 2. If you want your companions to help in those checks, it is Postcognition (Extra: affect others), 8 pp.

Are there any clues here Steamy can collect and take back to his mansion to use Investigate skill on?

Actually, and I'm sorry if this wasn't trasparent enough in the IC post, the lack of evidence and the cleanliness of the wound are a bit astounding. Steam can certainly Investigate on the corpse, though.

I always find investigate a skill that various people use in different ways - I cant say I have a strong opinion on it!

Without getting bogged down in rule bartering, pp 49-50 core rule book seems to indicate search to find clues and investigate to analyse those clues "back at the lab" (or indeed anywhere?)

It seems there are no clues to be found from his search roll? and thus nothing to be investigated?

Anyway, if an investigate call is called for (i.e. the above was a clue and it is being investigated, either here or later)

1d20+14=34 Its a whopper!

(+2 bonus from his masterwork investigation tools).

I always find investigate a skill that various people use in different ways - I cant say I have a strong opinion on it!

Without getting bogged down in rule bartering, pp 49-50 core rule book seems to indicate search to find clues and investigate to analyse those clues "back at the lab" (or indeed anywhere?)

It seems there are no clues to be found from his search roll? and thus nothing to be investigated?

Anyway, if an investigate call is called for (i.e. the above was a clue and it is being investigated, either here or later)

1d20+14=34 Its a whopper!

(+2 bonus from his masterwork investigation tools).

you are right, I meant Invenstigate on the corpse once in the lab. However I realize now that waiting for you to go to the lab and analyze might lead to a boring scene.

So here's my compromise: Steamy is actually analyzing the body on the spot, or maybe in the coroner's truck, before they take him away. Since you're with a coroner, I'll include medical clues (like the already discovered time fo death).

Ok, I need Notice and Search checks by the three investigators before describing the shared mystical experience.

Also, if before my answer you want to squeeze in a purely social post with your reactions to this somewhat unusual investigation technique, it may be fun. Otherwise tell me when you post yuor Notice and Search checks and I'll post.

does Steamy have Eidetic Memory? It seems logical for him, but I havent' seen it on the sheet.

By the way, if you pass the DC 20

The woman is Michelle Roche, and she gained a bit of spotlight in the political scene as UN ambassador in Atlantis. She returned to her native Freedom City two months ago, taking a leave from her career in the UN, after two years of living in the embassy under the sea.