Habitat for Metahumanity (OOC)

quotemyname

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarification: The mind control only targeted Jubatus. It's basically a surprise round versus surprise round, thing. The rest of you don't have to worry about it (Marceau is not charged the HP). Since he's passed, and we now have initiative from Push we can move on!

Jubatus; 40; HPx1; Unharmed

Tracer; 27; Unharmed

Wisp; 24; HPx2

Push; 23; HPx3; Unharmed

Blueshift; 19; HPx3; Uharmed

Powerhouse; 14; Unharmed

Marceau; 4; HPx1; Unharmed

Witch; 3; Unharmed

Jubatus' action was to bring all the farm equipment to the airport. That successfully happens since he passed the mind control. He knows he was being affected, but he does not know who it was that was attacking him. The Witch is a native Haitian, and she's blending into the crowd like all the others. Normally he would get notice checks for this type of stuff. But in this case, GM fiat says no. Take an HP (factored in above). You just don't know where it's coming from.

Jubatus is up.

To clear things up, that'll leave Jubatus just outside the door to the house. I'm going to rule that the characters "can't hide inside the building" for this combat. Just because I don't want to have to deal with that. So once you come out, you're out. I'll compensate by saying that you get a free move action to get yourself out of the house either by running out the door or (in Wisp's case) teleporting to some external location.

Jubatus' circle of the encampment allows him to see an off-road vehicle parked behind one of the houses. He also spots some weird designs in the sand of one of the dirt roads at the very end of where they finished building the last day. Knowing what they are would require a Knowledge check that is too high for him to make untrained. However, he does have Jack of All Trades, so that allows him to make a roll (Knowledge Arcana). He also gets a good count of how many haitians are in the area: ~500.

Blue can't talk out of turn, so she'll answer that question on her initiative.

Tracer is up. She'll delay.

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Tracer; DELAYING; Unharmed

Push; 23; HPx3; Unharmed

Powerhouse; 14; Unharmed

Witch; 3; Unharmed

Wisp is up.

I take it that Jube noticed that "off-road vehicle" because it's not one of ours?

Jube's Knowledge: Arcana roll via Jack of All Trades (1d20+4=12)... may not be good enough for him to recognize even the general purpose of the weird symbols. Will edit my most-recent post to include a mention of said symbols, because, Knowledge: Arcana or no, Jube would recognize there's a good chance that they are magical sigils, even if he's got no idea what their intended purpose might be.

I take it that Jube noticed that "off-road vehicle" because it's not one of ours?

Jube's Knowledge: Arcana roll via Jack of All Trades (1d20+4=12)... may not be good enough for him to recognize even the general purpose of the weird symbols. Will edit my most-recent post to include a mention of said symbols, because, Knowledge: Arcana or no, Jube would recognize there's a good chance that they are magical sigils, even if he's got no idea what their intended purpose might be.

Correct it is not one of ours. A 12 fails.

Wisp is going for a "minion sweep" on the zombies, 1d20+13=28. 175ft radius burst from just outside the window. DC 22 (+3 max autofire bonus) toughness save vs non-lethal punches.

Normally I'd say, "Why don't you find out what the gazebo is before you attack it?" but this just doesn't seem to be sinking in, which may be my fault for not being clear enough. Allow me to clear this up:

I've already given out one warning regarding hostility toward the completely non-aggressive, non-resistant Haitian Citizens:

RE: That last post...

The people that Marceau sees are just normal Haitian citizens. Granted they're holding farm tools, but they are in no way 'brandishing' them or shaking them or being in any way threatening with them. They don't even look hostile. For all he knows they could very well be persuaded to help the building...

I've already given further options (in the same post!).

Getting any better idea of what they want (sense motive) would require him to be outside. (Blue automatically passed the DC 15 sense motive that tells you they don't look hostile, and relayed it to the group).

AND Jubatus mention suffering some sort of mental attack when he went outside.

So, I'll actually ask you now: Are you sure you want to do that?

The results of that action would be that Wisp successfully KO's nearly 150 innocent Haitian citizens (assuming they're packed close together).

That type of action would cost you an HP, I'd think...

Oh yea, that definitely passes. Wisp can determine that a few people in a crowd not knowing what to do is one thing. But this many people all with blank stares is a whole different matter. Still unanswered is the question of how one mind control spell could be controlling so many minds? If only there was some source that they could locate! Where does Wisp end up after making the check, on top of a building somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, after much ado and writer's block from me...stunt time!

Push is going to walk into the common room, grab a cup of joe, smile, then lock down the entire crowd in one big mass of PARALYZE.

Power Stunt: AP: Paralyze 12 (Mass Kinetic Energy Drain; Power Feats: Selective; Extras: Area [General, 55 ft? Burst], Alternate Save [Fortitude], Progression 2, Ranged [Ranged]; Flaws: Action [Full], Distracting, Side Effect (Damage 12)) [28/28 pp]

And Push rolls for neural shock...DC 27 Toughness save! (1d20+14=22) And he's Bruised/Stunned. Backlash!

Not sure if the size of the Paralyze is big enough to snag all 500, but assume the centre of the paralysis sphere is in the most opportune place to hit the most people. DC 22 Fortitude saves, please.

The commoners in the crowd auto fail. We'll say that sure, you get all 500 just to speed things up if for no other raisins :P

Fort DC 22 (1d20+5=12) The one main villain in the crowd fails and is fully paralyzed. She'll get a new save every round. I'm not worried about her, because as such she's still indistinguishable from the rest of the people in the crowd, so it's not like she's really in much danger as is.

The other two main villains in the thread are too far away to be affected by the burst.

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Tracer; DELAYING; Unharmed

Push; 23; HPx3; Bruised, Stunned @Push

Powerhouse; DELAYING; Unharmed

Witch; 3; Unharmed, Paralyzed @Push

That'll put Blueshift up. She's going to sneak around to the strange circle that Jube found then radio back. While concealed, of course. The powerhouse has no attackable targets, he delays like the Tracer. Marceau, you're up after my IC.

First, Move Action into a concealed place within sight of the crowd. Should I roll a stealth check, even though the crowd is paralyzed? If not, I'll put a rank 4 Obscure over the Command Center and the rest of an area 400ft. long wide and high and make a sort of 'safe zone' we can retreat into in case we need to.

You're using this power?

Alternate Power: Obscure 4 (Visual Senses, 400ft Range, 50ft radius) [8PP]
The RANGE is 400 feet. You pick a spot anywhere within 400ft and plop down a 50ft cloud on it. It will cover the command center, but I'm just clarifying that there isn't an area over the size of two football fields in every direction being occluded here. Correct?

Also, yes, please roll stealth. There are other people in this combat besides the crowd of Mooks. Also, please be more descriptive of what area you're moving to. Are you taking cover against or under one of the bungalows they've built? are you moving to the right side or left side of the crowd / lane of houses? This is important info as it'll affect the DC of their notice checks and the nature of their reactions.

You're using this power? The RANGE is 400 feet. You pick a spot anywhere within 400ft and plop down a 50ft cloud on it. It will cover the command center, but I'm just clarifying that there isn't an area over the size of two football fields in every direction being occluded here. Correct?

Right, right, sorry about that. Yes, using rank 4 Obscure on the Command Center. As for location, I'm moving Marceau to the left-hand side of the crowd(his left) to an obscured corner of one of the bungalows that has its back facing the crowd.

Stealth roll:19.