Habitat for Metahumanity (OOC)

quotemyname

Ref DC 20 (1d20+7=23) He passes, unfortunately enough.

You might want to reformat some of the power examples within those gadgets. Bold would make it much easier to spot the power you're using, etc.

Jubatus; 40; HPx0;

Tracer; 39; Bruised x2, Stunned @ 24, Prone @ outhouse

Powerhouse; 38; Bruised x2, Stunned @ 23, Prone

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Push; 23; HPx4; Bruisedx2

Blueshift; 19; HPx2; Unharmed

Marceau; 4; HPx0; Bruised, Stunned@38, Knocked out to sea

Witch; 3; Unharmed, Paralyzed @Push

Tracer is stunned; Powerhouse is stunned; It's Wisp's turn again.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I rolled a toughness check little pre-maturely. That attack actually misses by the skin of his teeth due to the -4 penalty to attacking a Prone Character with a Ranged Attack. However...

That hits!

(12:02:14) quotemyname: Toughness Save for Power House DC 29

(12:02:19) System: quotemyname rolls 1d20 and gets 8.

:arrow: 8 (roll) + 12(tou) -2 Bruises = 18 (fails by 11)

(12:02:30) quotemyname is not amused.

Power House is Staggered.

EDIT: Waiting on Quinn to decide whether or not he wants to re-roll

Okay, so I know that we have a speedster and a teleporter in the group, so normally saving people from being trampled probably would be a non-issue. However, I'm looking to wrap up this oh-so-long-winded thread very very simply, so I'm fiatting a little.

You all have a choice. You can save the citizens, or go after the bad guys. Saving ALL the citizens will take a combined effort on all of your parts to be able to get all of them (any reasonable description will do, and you may feel free to make an IC post for your character helping out). The reasons that Jubatus can't just run around saving everyone, is that the crowd is too chaotic and startled to navigate easily to begin with. Introducing a large cheetah like thing into their midst would only spook them more, so he's only going to be able to save a few people before having to back off. For Wisp, it's similar. Because of the chaotic movements of the crowd, she's not sure if she'll be able to predict a landing space properly or not. She doesn't want to pull off too many rescues for fear that one of them could go wrong and she might end up teleporting inside someone!

I'm not trying to make these two characters seem less awesome at something they are very good at. I'm trying to give the rest of the characters in the thread a chance to help out. (for King of Suits, this could include just making a mad dash after the crowd instead of charging the very nearby villains, because he lacks movement powers as I've discovered). Any character that DOES help save the fallen people will earn a Hero point (not that you need them at this point, but still). Inaction is just as bad as not upholding your hero's duties, so make sure you help out!

I'll wait until a maximum of Friday for these posts. There will be a few more wrap up posts after this. Any questions?

Jube's going to rescue fallen people from death-by-trampling, focusing on children first. He's going to run on top of the crowd; this means all his body weight will be resting on crowd-members, but this shouldn't cause any problems, since he's moving at speed, ergo his weight won't stay on any one crowd-member for more than a tiny fraction of a second at a time. If need be, I suppose I can power-stunt Water Walking or something?

Since people in need of assistance will be distributed more-or-less randomly through the crowd, it follows that Jube will be zipping every which way. He should be able to get a noseful of the woman's scent, and memorize the location she was at when she teleported, both of these pieces of information being useful for later investigation once the crowd's no longer endangering its own members.

The first part is fine, no stunts required (or if there are, I'm not planning on crunching numbers with this part of the thread; you all have enough HP/ EE to get through this easily).

The second part confuses me though:

Since people in need of assistance will be distributed more-or-less randomly through the crowd, it follows that Jube will be zipping every which way. He should be able to get a noseful of the woman's scent, and memorize the location she was at when she teleported, both of these pieces of information being useful for later investigation once the crowd's no longer endangering its own members.

She's not in the crowd, and has long since left it. Are you talking about where she was standing while they were all paralyzed?

EDIT: Okay, it makes more sense after reading your IC. By the time she started speaking the crowd was probably about 50 away from it's initial position. She had never left her location almost directly in front of the command center. So that circle was never IN the crowd...