Habitat for Metahumanity (OOC)

quotemyname

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. Good point (pun not intended, but i'll take it anyway...). Alright: Yes, Jube will burn a HP to recover from general grogginess and out-of-the-loop-ness. When he does, his first action will be to upshift & take a visual scan of the area he's in, the better for him to learn What Happened While He Was KOed in the minimum time. If Jube sees any attackers, he'll defend himself, not to mention anyone else who he thinks could use help along that line; if there's nobody around but friendlies, he will ask "What did I miss?"

Just because you can make an immediate recover check doesn't mean you can ignore the fact that healing is a full round action ;)

Tracer

Move Action: Get in Truck

Move Action: Drive down beach.

The tracer is now near the end of the row of homes. He now has a clear line of sight to Blueshift.

Any character observing him may make a DC 10 Sense Motive: He's revving the engine like he's going to run her over with the thing! (But not until next round)

Power House

Move Action: Stand

Free Action: GM Fiat Surge (HP to Push)

Full Round: Charge, All out Attack 5, Power Attack 5 vs. Push using Leaping power: The Kung Fu is Strong With This One (DC 32 on Hit; Defense set to 11 [-5 AoA, -2 Charge]) (1d20+10=22) vs. Push's Def of 13 for this round? Yea, that hits.

EDIT: I forgot the Powerhouse was Prone from being thrown. He needs to spend a Move Action to stand up. I'll GM Fiat to surge allowing him to take the above action. Push get's a Hero Point as he's the target of the resulting attack.

Jubatus; 40; HPx0;

Tracer; 39; Bruised x1

Powerhouse; 38; Unharmed, Prone

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Push; 23; HPx4; Bruisedx2

Blueshift; 19; HPx2; Unharmed

Marceau; 4; HPx0; Bruised, Stunned@38, Knocked out to sea

Witch; 3; Unharmed, Paralyzed @Push

Wisp is up, please have a post by tomorrow.

Well, he IS in his car, but your teleport is Accurate, so that'll work.

TOU DC 35 (1d20+8=22) Fails by 7. Staggered and Stunned. He'll be knocked out of the jeep onto the sand, we'll say. (unless you want me to really calculate KB and see if he get's thrown some rediculous distance or something...)

Jubatus; 40; HPx0;

Tracer; 39; Bruised x1

Powerhouse; 38; Unharmed, Prone

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Push is up

Push be angry. Push be *very* angry. Therefore, Push is going to give that Powerhouse a really bad day.

Dynamic Powers rearrange, switching off the Supercharged Flight Jets (he still has his outside-of-array Flight 1) and switching to full-bore Blast 14. Ka-BOOM.

All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack) Kinetic Bolt! (1d20+10=21) And it just hit me that we've been forgetting to add bonuses from Jubatus's inital Master Plan! +3 to that means it's a 24 to hit, Push is down to Defense +5 for the round. DC 34 Toughness save from the Powerhouse if that hits. And just making sure he doesn't get any funny ideas, Push burns an HP and hits him again!

All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack), Master Plan (+3 Attack) Kinetic Bolt Reprise! (1d20+13=15) Or not. Well, it might hit if he's stunned from the previous bolt. DC 34 Toughness save if I'm that lucky. ;)

Well, his Def is 11 this turn from his previous trade offs. So both attacks would hit, regardless of stunning or not. Also, it's the second round of Jube's Master Plan, so you're only on a +2 bonus this round.

Either way...

Looks like IC is down...

quotemyname: Well, looks like IC is down

(10:20:38) quotemyname: Powerhouse Toughness Save DC 34 (1d20+12)

(10:20:38) System: quotemyname rolls 1d20 and gets 17.

(10:20:40) quotemyname: +12=29

10:26:03 quotemyname: Power House Toughness Save DC 34 (-1 for Bruises, +12 = +11)

10:26:03 System: quotemyname rolls 1d20 and gets 8.

10:26:10 quotemyname: +11=19

That fails by 15. That would put him out like a light. I would rather not have that be the case. Push, take an HP. GM Fiat: re-roll

10:28:16 quotemyname: GM Fiat Re-roll 1d20+11

10:28:16 System: quotemyname rolls 1d20 and gets 7.

10:28:32 quotemyname: +11+10=28

He's Bruised and Stunned again.

He's suffering rank 19 knockback. His KB mod after two bruises is -9 So Knock back 10. 1000 ft. Are you knocking him out to sea, or are you knocking him toward the island?

Jubatus; 40; HPx0;

Tracer; 39; Bruised x1

Powerhouse; 38; Bruised x2, Stunned @ 23, Prone, DEF 11

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

After that is Blueshift. She uses her Gadgets to make a communication power akin to a megaphone. She'll spend her move action addressing the crowd.

Marceau is up. He's no longer stunned. Would you like to use Extra Effort to stunt something that will get you back to shore somehow? Let me know what your ideas are and we can discuss your options.

Well, the only thing I can think of that Extra Effort could be useful for in this case is the 'doubling movement speed' thing. But if what you tell me is correct, I'd still need to move a few hunded feet to get back in the game. If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. I really have no idea how King could best act right now, other than making a Swim check to get a ways back to shore.

Alright, per the suggestion of Quotemyname, I'm going to use Extra Effort and stunt a device of some kind for quickly making it back to shore, with the GM's caveat that all other items in King's equipment list will be inoperable for the rest of the encounter. So:

Turn starts.

Using Extra Effort, power Stunt: Swimming 5.

Moving to shore, ceasing maintenance of the Swimming 5 Power Stunt.

Fatigued, so going to have him just collapse on the shore above the high tide line.

Turn over.

I see your bluff and raise you sense motive. Make that one hell of a sense motive. Sense Motive DC 22 (1d20+15=33) The bluff fails.

The re-roll still hits, though. TOU DC 34 (1d20+7=26) He fails by 8, leaving him bruised and stunned. What's the direction of your Knockback? Rank 16 Knockback would send him 100,000 feet if you choose to use it! :o

Still waiting on an IC post from Quinn IIRC.

Jubatus; 40; HPx0;

Tracer; 39; Bruised x2, Stunned @ 24

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Okay, now that our IC is caught up with our OOC I think, It's Jubatus's turn.

Jubatus; 40; HPx0;

Tracer; 39; Bruised x2, Stunned @ 24, Prone @ outhouse

Wisp; 24; HPx2; Unharmed

Jube's first move, upon regaining consciousness, is to upshift and make a visual scan of the general area. What's going on, are there any imminent battles, where's that razza-frazzin' guy with the shotgun, what's the situation in general. What else Jube does, if anything, depends on what information he acquires in this way. I'm thinking it would be appropriate to make with a Notice check (1d20+9=24) -- what does the cheetah see?

The notice really isn't necessary. You see what the initiative and status gets you. And you've got quickness, so that's a free action.

Tracer's in the outhouse, hurt pretty bad.

Powerhouse is in a powerhouse shaped crater in the sand near the beach also hurt bad.

Still a crowd of "zombies"

Okay... after doing his personal recon, Jube will fire up his commlink and activate his Master Plan bonus for the group. I shall do the IC post to this effect.

Hmmm... minor recon, Master Plan bonus... if Jube has any actions to spare after doing these things, he'll do the duct-tape Snare thing on Tracer. Not sure if that's applicable this round, but if it is, I'll edit my post-to-be to include it.