Habitat for Metahumanity (OOC)

quotemyname

OOC in case it's needed:

Role Call time. Post here if you're still in. Please also post the name of the character you'll be playing if you have more than one.

Arichamus

Azuth65

Quinn

Cubist

Quotemyname - Blueshift

Second order of business. The Date. When are your time lines free during the month of April?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueshift has Well-Informed, so when Jubatus shows up, she (almost) instantly knows everything about him on this chart due to her crazy skill bonuses and taking 20 with mental quickness and online research.

Unfortunately there's no chart for King of suits, yet, so I'll leave what she knows up to you.

As for high tide, she can also look that up! Since we still have not decided on a date, I'll just say 'YES' for now, and we can edit it later depending on what the correct answer actually is.

Drat it all, I completely forgot the extracurriculars! I'll skip over there and remedy that.

EDIT Heis: Almost done: Reputation post to be up at around 9.00 A.M.

EDIT Dos: Sorry about the delay. Reputation posted, such as it is.

Since Fenris posted a remark which indicates that he might have been trying to deduce Jube's mode of delivery from the sound of the cheetah's words, I thought I should point out that Jube's voice sounds very weird. His throat is 100% cheetah, meaning he doesn't have a human-style larynx; what Jube does when he wants to say something is, he uses his cheetah-style throat to generate a string of carefully-chosen sound effects which sound like intelligibly-spoken words.

Obviously, anybody who hears Jube talk can try to identify the cheetah's tone of voice. The question is whether or not they'll succeed in doing so with any degree of accuracy...

Blueshift would actually be very interested in remedying that. One of her "things" is inventing devices that will help people live better lives. Let's see what she can come up with...

EDIT: I've had heroes with scent before. I know it's fun to describe a character's appearance by something other than the way they look. Blueshift would smell like steel, a strange mix of cotton and rubber, and disinfectant. Also present is a strong scent of fear. Not really fear derived from one source, but many. She's afraid of all the characters present, which is more just a fear of people and interaction in general. She also constantly does battle with her fear of being outside, or large open spaces in general.

Beyond the more obvious scents of engine oil and a sizeable mix of different sandwich smells, below the surface Push's scent is somehow...off. Like grave dust/Cthulhu-ish/hellfire take your pick wrongness. It's an undercurrent, though, but you can tell he's been dealing with hinky things. ;)

Never dealt with a char who's got a really good nose, so I'm just making it up on the fly here. :D

I'd say Wisp has a kind of smokey scent to Jubatus' scent, as well as traces lilac scented soap/shampoo.

Now, before I volunteer Vicky to start digging the outhouse, would I be able to teleport the 250lbs of dirt/rock/etc as the extra mass rather than actually digging a hole?

Marceau smells like a variety of explosive mixtures, mainly nitroglycerin, as well as metal cleaning oil, sweat and vague fear. The smell of fear intensifies whenever he so much as glances at the nearby forest. Also, his beard is a bizarre medley of various scents, mainly tuna and a lilac-like scenting oil.

Just FYI for everyone involved. This thread will probably start moving along pretty quickly soon. Story events kick in after the main house is finished, and judging by how long the out house too, that's not going to take too long.

As a general outline:

After the construction, they break for the night.

Marsh mellows, etc. around a campfire (I'll be looking for at least one post from each player here, more if we're enjoying it).

Gm Stuff.

Following morning, construction proper begins (again, at least one post each).

More GM stuff.

Jube has a host of psychological issues; this isn't a Complication for him, but perhaps it should be? Anywho -- if there's some sort of Malign Influenceâ„¢ giving people bad dreams, the kitteh might well be affected by it. On t'other hand, Jube's brain is far from human-standard, so it's possible that whatever-it-is just can't affect Jube, any more than it can affect a raven or eagle? And on the gripping hand, if we're talking Voodoo, perhaps that Agassou character I mentioned in Jube's first post in this thread might be taking a personal interest, with who-knows-what effect on the cheetah...

I have no idea what's happening here, but it may be worth noting that Jube has a semi-decent suite of Super-Senses -- Motion Sense (tactile, based on detecting/analyzing air currents in his vicinity), Danger Sense (derived from Motion Sense), Low-Light Vision, Acute and Tracking on his olfactory sense, and Ultrasonic Hearing. It may also be worth notice that Jube has +9 in Notice. If Jube has reason to think that Something Is Out There, he'll Take 20 on a Notice check (yay Quickness!); otherwise, a standard 1D20 Notice check (1d20+9=10) may or may not yield extra data on whatever-it-is.

Nothing so sinister as that, Cubist.... Yet... Push just has the Nightmares Drawback, and Blueshift has the same thing, except renamed to represent her overactive imagination and insomnia. They're both just 3pp drawbacks taken at character creation. If Jubatus would normally sleep through something like a 'bump in the night' he probably never hears either Push or Blueshift. On the other hand, if that would wake him, then you may have that happen.

For all: Rest assured, nothing violent will happen overnight. Your characters should expect and suspect nothing. The 'villain' of the thread such as he is will present himself on the following day. Anything happening by the campfire is purely role playing fun.

For all: Rest assured, nothing violent will happen overnight. Your characters should expect and suspect nothing.

[nods] Not a problem. Jube, being the paranoid perfectionist he is, spent a tiny chunk of the night patrolling the building sites anyway, just on general principles; he's trying to earn a level in Crazy Prepared, you see. And if the Big Bad did some prep work on the place as part of his/her/its machinations, it's possible that Jube might detect (some of?) that prep work. Or not, I dunno... [shrug]

It's possible, maybe even likely, that at least one of the three sleepless PCs will hear the klak-klakk of Jay's practice session with the prosthetic 'glove' Blue gave him. Hmmm... would that sound trigger a flashback in Marceau? [evil grin]

Just one last post 'round the campfire for me, after Push, then ready to get back into action. ED: Thanks Cubist, never occurred to me KoS'd suffer flashbacks like that, but now that I think about it, it does make sense.