Life's Sweetest Reward (IC, Closed)

Heritage

"Why does it feel like I'm being sold a used car rather then being offered assistance?"

Grim had to bite her tongue at this to keep from busting out laughing; yeah, she did lay it on kinda thick...

"Thanks,"

At this, the elfin shapeshifter said nothing, but her pointed ear twitched a bit, a 'tell' he recalled from there time dating that she was either very happy, excited or both.

"So, I guess I'll see you there."

Lynn called after her. "Bye, nice to meet you!" Then she crept over to the edge of the roof and raised a hand to her ear, looking exactly like the Grinch listening for whimpering of all the Whos in Whoville. Once she was sure Silhouette had indeed left the rooftop, she leaped at Wesley and wrapped her arms around him in a ferociously warm hug.

"We did it! We got you a date, a crimefighting date for Wes!"

She have him a quick peck on the cheek, then mercifully released him. Brushing dust off his outfit with a conjured whisk broom, she began to eagerly chat away like a big sister giving her little sis advice before the prom, or a Jewish mother sending her boy off to his first day of school.

"Just be yourself, and you'll be fine; obviously your primary focus should be the crimefighting, but sneak in a few questions to find out what she likes, y'know, peppered in between all the lurking and face-punching. You can be a bit old-fashioned sometimes, but lotsa girls actually like that, as long as you don't dote on them hand and foot; then they feel like your babying them, and they hate that, so..."

Wesley playfully swung Lynn with a friendly hug as a reaction for the warm sentiment. With a small smile as he received the kiss, he let her go. He remembered this scene so well, but it took on a new meaning with Lynn as a friend. It was comfortable still, but in a different way. The mention of a 'crime fighting date' seemed like an action filled movie. Possibly starting Brad and Angelina. He chuckled as she nitpicked him clean "Lynn, you're the best. I don't know what else to say. Thank you." He thought about what she said, "Well it's going to be in Greenbank. I didn't think they had anything out there besides train tracks and warehouses. Though now that I think about it, you could hide a lot of things in a warehouse. I'm sure she's got something special in mind." He sighed and smiled warmly. "Now what about you? I owe you for this."

"Now what about you? I owe you for this."

Grim waved a hand dismissively, even though she was clearly blushing. "Pfft, don't thank me yet, and don't go into this thinking it's a date, even though it kinda is. Silhouette strikes me as fairly private person, so for the love of God don't push; remember, girls can smell desperation a mile away."

She hopped back up on the ledge, dangling her shapely legs as she started to tick off points on her fingers, another familiar gesture.

"Let her set the tone of the evening, and more importantly, the pace; if you come in guns blazing when she wants to take it slow, she will literally disappear. Keep your mind on your work. You’re a guy, so you’re gonna sneak a peek whenever you can, but please be professional and discrete; if she thinks you’re a dork or a perv, well, see above re: the vanishing act. You will probably impress her more if you do a good job than if you try to be cute and funny. And if she likes you, she will let you know.â€

Grim sighed and rubbed her face with her hands.

“God, I wish I could be there with you! I mean, technically, I could, but that would be twelve kinds of wrong, plus you don’t need me nudzing you while you’re doing your thing; you have some confidence issues in this area, and I think having your ex feeding you lines would only mess with your head.â€