When Animals Attack Part 33 (IC)

Flare Knight

"Nick Cimitiere," said Nick. He wasn't taking his eyes off the villains, in case any of them got a second wind, or the lightning guy suddenly got over his myriad crippling phobias. Despite the lack of eye contact, his tone was rather genial. "Nice to meet you. And nice to see you again, Robin. Don't think we've crossed paths since that time we backed up Dead Head."

A muscle twitched in Robin's cheek, maybe the beginning of a smile. It faded after a moment as she turned her attention back to the villains the spell. A sheen of sweat appeared on her forehead and she made an odd, twisting motion with the hand she held out. She examined the structure of the spell hanging in the air and nodded to herself in satisfaction. "That should hold," she said, "for a few more hours at least."

The sorceress took a step back and turned to Nick, giving the necromancer a small nod. "Nick. Never a dull moment in this city, is there?" She turned to the robed man and examined him closely, noting the golden glow the covered the man like a cloak, at least to her eyes. His magic smelled like freshly tilled earth, and felt like smoothly polished granite against her skin. She gave him another small nod, almost a bow. "Good sir knight," she said, just a touch of humor in her voice. "Thank you for your help. And for dealing with the police."

He chuckled. "My pleasure, ma'am. I couldn't exactly let them terrify everyone, y'know?"

He spared a guilty glance at the dome, grimacing under his face cloth. "Though I admit I didn't really intend to give the one guy a panic attack. Never really had that happen before...I kinda wonder what his deal is. Looks like I'll have to stick around long enough for the police to take care of things...I don't think they're really equipped to chew through my stone. I should probably stick around until the zoo keepers fix up the pens, anyway." It's going to be a long day....