In it for the Money (IC)

Supercape

Peter, relying on his intense training easily dodges the punch thrown at him and can't help but think...

Wait, did that guy just call me a whippersnapper? How old is this guy? I mean really he...

The rest of that train of thought is cut off as the man behind him does... something and suddenly the two goons and their leader are bounced back and forth from floor to ceiling.

Huh... well not letting this go to waste...

Taking a step forward Peter launches himself into the air with a raising uppercut turning in the air as he does so screaming...

"SHORYUKEN!!!"

Driving his fist into the body of the lead robber, Peter feels the fist slam into the armor. For a moment the armor absorbs the impact, but then Peter's fist plows through and he can feel it hit the soft body inside. Bits of armor fall off the man as he goes limp from the blow, getting driven a bit further into the ceiling....

"HECK YEAH!!! Always wanted to use that move! And they told me it was pointless to waste time practicing it... WELL WHO'S POINTLESS NOW?!"

Peter remembers that there is a guy standing right behind him and gloating isn't all that heroic...

"I mean... ummm... that shall show you the tree of crime, bears bitter fruits... yeah..."

GM

In the main lobby, whilst all the bystanders screamed and either ran for cover or kept on the floor trembling in terror, the two armoured robbers aimed their gauntlets at Supercape and Victory. The suits had both been damaged, and one could only guess at how many stars the operators were seeing, but almost in unison, two blasts of blue-white force streaked towards the duo.

Only Victory was hit, possibly off balance after his earth shattering strike. The beam of energy hit him on the shoulder and glowed briefly but the advanced protective systems of the cyborg were easily able to absorb the energy.

Meanwhile

The last remaining conscious robber in the Gents, giddy from the ping pong gravity fields he had fought against, squared up to Suzaku. His training kicked in despite the disorientation he had experienced, and with a quick flick of the gauntlet in his armour, he activated a different weapon. A metal cable ejected from the suit, expanding into a fine but super-hard net that twisted in the air and landed on Suzaku, beginning to wrap itself around him as the martial artist spun to disentangle himself...

Supercape advanced towards the two goons in the lobby.

"Give it up, men, before someone gets hurt. You don't want a murder rap on your hands. The show's over. "

The two dazed men, their armour bent and sparking looked at each other.

"We were put up to it, this guy, he said it was government business!"

Supercape cracked his knuckles. "Well, if you just come quietly now, then you may have a chance with the law. But you cant hind behind orders now. "

Dyne smiles grimly at the goon still conscious on the ceiling."If you would care to notice, you're currently embedded into the ceiling, your two partners are out like a light, you're outnumbered two to one, and as a note, I could keep this up all day; It'd really be a question of who'd last longer, you or the ceiling. So, I'd think the smart choice at this point would be to throw in the towel and call it a day."

The goon slowly looks around, and sees that Dyne's telling the truth. "Hey, hey, it was the guy your fiery friend just kicked! He was our leader, he had us do this! He said he was a government agent or something!"

"Oh? If you tell this all to the police, you might get some leniency, though that's for a judge to decide."

"Whatever, just LET ME DOWN FROM HERE!"

"Alright then, but keep in mind that if this is a trick, you'd WISH I'd merely punched you through the roof..."

Seeing the goon had given up, Dyne releases his field, and the goon falls to the ground. As he shakily gets up, he is suddenly surrounded by a ribbon of shadowy gravitic energy, which quickly wraps around and binds him. "A bit of an extra precaution, my friend. You understand, right?" I'll keep the fact that this was the first time I managed that WITHOUT accidentally cutting my target into several small pieces to myself...

Even as SUpercape works the classic "surrender and you might get off easy approach, Victory looks a bit more stern. He walks up to their leader and grabs him by the collar of his power suit. He was a little ticked that his armor got scuffed from that shot, and he'd make sure the leader and his whole group would get their just desserts.

"Sorry, but not even the courts are gonna be able to save you from this one. Stealing AEGIS property and using it to hold up a bank. Where a civilian had to get sent to the hospital. Violently resisting arrest. Betraying government intelligence. You and your little band of traitors are gonna be locked up for a long time, Davinport."

As he begins to pull them away, he turns to the others who helped stop the robbery. "Gentlemen, you were all a great help. I'm sure I can convince my superiors to make sure you'll all see some fashion of reward for your actions today." He reaches down and hefts Davinport, still inside the hefty power armor, on to his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "If you don't mind, can I get a hand bringing this scum outside?"

As soon as he hears the goons surrender Peter hurries over into a bathroom stall, and some rustling can be heard out of it.

A minute later Suzaku walks out, adjusting his domino mask trying to make sure it's centered. His black suit pressed and his tie on straight looking like quite the professional. Entering the bank lobby he glanced around at the robbers now tied up and waiting to hauled off to jail, or wherever scum like this goes.

"Well gents, we certainly showed these criminals a thing or two eh?"

Suzaku tries putting on a confident, calm, almost suave face as he surveys the scene, but inside...

OMG OMG OMG! That was AWE-SOME! I was like HI-YAH! and they were all like, "AAAAAH! We surrender!" And now I'm totally... TOTALLY... talking with my fellow Supes... BEST DAY EV-AH!!!

Supercape was rather chuffed with himself. He shook hands with the excitable Suazku. "Quite an exciting day, my dear chap. Most invigorating. My name's Supercape by the way. On account of my super cape!"

Turning to Victory he continued "I do understand the seriousness of misappropriating AEGIS gear. But lets see what the courts have to say, eh? can't turn into judge jury and hangman all once. But I must say, very worrying stuff. Corruption is a nasty business, and we must stand ever vigilant against it!"

Supercape was rather chuffed with himself. He shook hands with the excitable Suazku. "Quite an exciting day, my dear chap. Most invigorating. My name's Supercape by the way. On account of my super cape!"

Turning to Victory he continued "I do understand the seriousness of misappropriating AEGIS gear. But lets see what the courts have to say, eh? can't turn into judge jury and hangman all once. But I must say, very worrying stuff. Corruption is a nasty business, and we must stand ever vigilant against it!"

Victory smirks over at Supercape, as he picks another defeated foe up off the ground. "Oh don't worry, they are going to stand trial. But because they're traitors to AEGIS, it means they'll stand trial in military court." He quickly flies away, then appears again in the blink of an eye, without the perp in tow. "And besides, I'm sure spending some time in Blackstone will fix their attitudes in a hurry."

Supercape arched an eyebrow. "Military Court heh? Well, as long as its legal. " He scrutinized the powerful cyborg in front of him. "I guess you are from AEGIS too? well, can't blame you for feeling none to sympathetic to these fools. "

"Just remember, corruption is not to be sneezed at. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"