Zerg Rush (IC)

Sandman XI

"One who creeps out all her boyfriends!" Momentum quipped, ceasing his movement as he narrowly dodged a counter-attack by the vile woman. It was pretty close for comfort... a little too close. Noah surmised it might be best to slow down a little; take his time and watch himself. She might be easy to poke fun at, but she was still hella-mean!

With another burst of kinetic energy, Momentum streaked through the underwater laboratory, a red hue in an otherwise stark and sterile environment as he circled around the femme fatale in the inky black suit again. Cocking back another fist, he let loose a second blast of energy at his easily-goaded opponent before rushing off again to find some more suitable cover.

"Bee-tee-dubyah, your taunts totally suck too!"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyne watches from cover as Momentum's guerrilla strike momentarily stuns their opponent, and senses an opening! Now's my chance! I'll show her just how MUCH gravity can be a harsh mistress... Dyne gathers more gravitic power and launches another, larger wave of gravitic force-and this time lands a solid hit! Black is thrown off balance from the blow, stumbles, then catches herself...just in time for the second wave to strike her dead center, knocking her into the wall of the cave and right into dreamland!

"Ha! If we are all 'failures', miss Black, then I wonder what that makes you? Oh right, you can't answer me, because you're out like a light; but then again, that is a pretty clear answer in itself!" Dyne looks to be all smiles, though it is clear he's breathing rather heavily....

Coming to a sudden stop by the unconscious heap of a woman, Momentum loomed over their female foe skeptically. Really, he wasn't sure what Dyne saw in her - assuming he saw anything at all except some weirdo with a fetish for eight-foot-tall purple dinosaurs - as she lay motionless, wiping his brow of all the excess sweat he'd generated in conjunction to his still-sopping attire. All and all, however, he was just glad this whole fiasco was over and done.

But then came the big question as the young, unscientific boy peered at all the fancy gizmos and gadget-doo-hickey-matrons littering the undersea den of evil full of unhatched eggs.

"Uhh..." Momentum stammered out, rubbing the back of his head quizzically. "So, what are we, like, supposed to do about all this stuff and junk? I guess we just smash it all up, maybe make some giant omelets or whatever?"

As Black lay unconscious and the boys taunted her, they saw the face mask slip off of her. They also noticed the suit was a little more than spandex. It... was moving? The suit jumped off of her body! It tried to attach itself to momentum, but it screamed as it felt the kinetic energy in his body. He was evasive enough to deflect it and it flew towards Dyne. The suit swallowed him and refit to his specifications. Then it tried to get into his mind!

"Holy crap! What is that thing?!" the speedster screeched in terror, the inky black substance recoiling as it tried to entangle his slender, young physique. It was like some sort of B-Movie nightmare come to life as it squirmed and wriggled its way towards Dyne, enveloping him in its sinister, shadowy stuff.

Jumping back and away from the gravity guru in shock and awe, Noah watched from afar, a perplexed look plastered on his face. What was that thing? How did it slither off of the crazy chick? Why didn't it try and latch onto him? What, was he not good enough for it, whatever it was?!

Now thoroughly panicked, Ashley freezes, uncertainty gripping his inexperienced personage. What could he do against something covering one of his comrades?

In a flash, Dyne is engulfed by the suit before he can react! He screams in pain as the suit tries to take over his mind, attempting to convert it to be more like the girl, but the Master of Gravity doesn't surrender his mind so easily.

"URGH! That was thoroughly unpleasant! It's trying to make my thought processes more like her, and I really-" Come on, you can take them! They don't stand a chance against you! You can be king of HIT! "Grr, it's sending some really weird thoughts into the back of my head, and it's really starting to-" You can have Ice Cream parades down the streets every day at your command! Nobody can stop you! "I think it's trying to make take over the world or something, but I'm not sure because the thoughts are pretty silly, and I'm-" You can get a different girlfriend every day, they'll all flock to you! You don't have to worry about those 'feelings' crap!"OK, that's it! I'm getting this suit off right now before my I.Q. becomes permanently equal to 0 degrees Kelvin!"

With that, Dyne dives back into the water, and quickly surfaces above the river. "You want to take over minds, you cheap gym outfit knockoff? Then let's see you find a mind to abuse in orbit! With that, he envelops himself in a gravitic warp, tearing and pulling at the suit until it lets go and rips off his body; he then hurls it about as far away from him as his warp field could throw it! Before the suit can try to re-attach itself, Dyne Lets out a MASSIVE field of altered gravity, and traps the suit in it! He then commands gravity to reverse, propelling the suit upward at rapid speeds until it reaches the limit of his field-about 94 miles away into Low Earth Orbit!

Blinking, Momentum isn't really sure what to say. He... honestly wasn't expecting the malign and morose suit to try and supposedly take over the world. Not that it mattered much, as the foreign substance was hurled beyond sight and reason that Momentum could possibly fathom. First it was giant dinosaurs, then Noah was a fish, followed by a crazy scuba-diving lady, and then this. It was just... seriously, what the hell?

"Dudes, this has to be the weirdest day I've ever had. Ever." Noah finally says, still blinking in confusion as to the scene he'd just witnessed. Pausing for a moment, the young teen ponders about the the stuff Dyne had so callously hurled away. Would it come back down? Probably. Maybe. He hoped not. Whatever. At least it was gone, the nutso broad was still down for the count, and there was only one order of business left before all this weirdness could be put to rest...

"So... uh... right... eggs and stuff." he continues, aptly dismissing the absolutely bananas scene and attempting to move on to greener pastures. "Any, y'know, ideas there, guys?"

Wesley nodded to Momentum. "So, you take the machines and I'll take the eggs?" As he asked the eggs began to shrivel and rot before their very eyes. The eggs began to stink as they aged rapidly. "Woo! Man we need to do this in a hurry," Wesley quipped plugging his nose and waving his hand around his hand in a futile attempt to knock the smell away. "Knock out all these things and we'll make a swim for the surface."

"Alrighty!" Momentum exclaimed, chipper as ever to be done with the fiasco at hand. No doubt once all this nonsense was over, there would be a very nasty blog post on the internet regarding women, dinosaurs, and crazy-ass machines of an indeterminate understanding. Or at least, Noah planned on doing so most thoroughly.

With another burst of speed, Momentum charged through the underwater lair, fists flying as kinetic force-against-metal rang out in succession one after another, machines fizzling, sparking, and exploding with each decisive blow as the youth sped onwards. He might not have understood wholly how they worked, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that with enough force, anything was breakable. It isn't long before the mechanical marvels are little more than a flaming, smoking shell of their former selves, Momentum panting heavily from the extreme exertion of force as he came to a stop beside Dyne and Knight.

"I... I think that's the last one..." he wheezed out, wiping his brow once more of sweat as the zippy kineticist caught his breath.

• 4 weeks later...

Wesley smiled and nodded. The biokinetic energy in his body made it easy to hold his breath, but this wasn't going to hold up forever. They had to get out of this stinky exploding cave! "Into the water, quick!" Wesley grabbed the crazy lady and stilled her breathing, then jumped in the water. After Momentum was in the water they assumed their fish forms again, "We're on our way, Dyne." A while later they had found their way to the surface. "Well, we're in the clear I guess. The eggs are all gone and the black suit? Probably history now. Though we still have to do something about the chick."