Zerg Rush (IC)

Sandman XI

Wesley watched the exchange between Dyne and the woman. It was weird though. It looked like Dyne was... working with her? At least trying to charm her. She looked charmed by his speech. And the way she was flirting with him afterwards made Wesley question what was going on. Then he heard a voice in his head. It was Dyne. He had other people's voices in his head before, but it never got any unweirder. He sighed mentally. "Knight here. What's up with you and the blackclad swimmer? You're not seriously turning for some tail are you?"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blinking for a moment and imbibing a mouthful of water in surprise to the voice now clearly ringing inside his head, Momentum surely would have drowned if it weren't for the gills that Wesley guy had been creepily-nice enough to give him. This was, by far, the single weirdest day of his life hands-down.

Turning to face Dyne again, fish-eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, Noah was now thoroughly disconcerted.

"I can hear you... in my head? I can hear you in my head! And Knight too!" he mentally lashed, discomfort rife in his mental projection. "What the crap, man? You're just letting her get away!?"

"No, I'm not just going to let her get away, and Hell no, I'm not turning just because of a cute butt. I've managed to lock on to your mass signatures and open a line of communication using...well, it's pretty complicated. Anyways, it occurred to me that this might not be her first trip gathering these eggs, and in any case, she could have hidden more somewhere else(come to think of it, she implied that very thing). We need to find out if she has any other eggs somewhere, and we need to find out her plans. To that end, Why don't I make it seem as if I've betrayed you, and take her up on her offer? Then, you guys follow us, and if I get in trouble, you back me up. If we do this right, I don't think she'll suspect a thing."

"... you want to fake-beat us up?" Momentum mentally transmitted, even more confused than he was a few minutes ago. The reasoning behind this sudden farce only served to further confound the young boy, who either lacked the intelligence to see the entirety of this plan from his current point of view or simply didn't like the concept of being beat up by a guy who just thrashed a dozen eight-foot tall purple dinosaurs.

Perhaps both. Yes, definitely both.

"Dude, if you can, like, feel where the eggs are anyway, why aren't we, y'know, just stopping her now?"

"Seem," Wesley questioned with upward inflection. He chuckled mentally, "I see. I even got a plan on how to help you with that ruse. I can make me and Momentum invisible. You can make it look like you disintegrated us. Then we can follow you closely. Of course if you have a better plan to do this..." He looked over to Momentum, "You game?" Then to Dyne, "You game?" Momentum expressed his thoughts, "Well, if we go full force and she has those dinosaurs already, who says she hasn't already hatched and grown a few and are waiting to snap us up right now? I like the stealth plan. You guide the head and the hands will follow. Capise?"

Dyne chuckled at that quote, one very appropriate for the moment. He answers Momentum first. "As Knight said, we can't be sure some already hatched, and in any case, we don't know if she has any associates who may have smuggled any eggs out of the city. My mass detection doesn't have NEAR the range to cover the whole world! Anyways, that's a good idea Knight. I even have a story ready about how gravity can disintegrate in case she asks me about my powers, as well as a few other things to cover casual conversation. I'll keep the links open to you two, but be warned: as long as I have it locked on to you two only, I can only sense you two. So, how shall we get this show on the road?"

Another guppy-like sigh escapes Momentum's lips as it seemed the plan was set regardless. This isn't what he signed up for, but it was what he was stuck with now. Do his part, get turned into a fish, fight some crazy lady and some big dinosaurs, save the city, turn in his biology report. Just another typical day in Freedom City!

"Fine, fine, fine..." he conceded, fish-eyes rolling disturbingly as he accepted the more stealthy approach, stifling his impatience to to see this situation concluded for the time being. "So you fake-blast us, we get turned invisible, and, like, follow you and junk? What about when we get to... wherever she's goin', and the dinosaur-things are already all big and hungry and stuff?"

Knight mentally laughed his geeky ass off when Dyne asked about how to get the festivities kicked off, "How about, 'I'mma chargin mah lazer' followed by 'I'mma firin mah lazer'?" He floated closer the Momentum. "Yup, that's the plan. Alright, ready when you are, Dyne." He mentally chuckled as he remembered a video about firin lazers on the internet. "You can't read thoughts can you? Just talk to us?"

Dyne silently chuckles at that. He remembered similar videos. "Not as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure this much was a fluke, since i never tried ANYTHING like this before, but as they say, necessity is the mother of all invention and whatnot. In any case, it's tiring enough just keeping a simple mental link to you two, I'm not sure what trying to actively scan her mind might do, but I'm not about to find out." Dyne thinks for a moment. "Ah! I got it. I suddenly follow her and yell for her to wait, then tell her her offer sounds tempting. You all act shocked and surprised, and try to stop me from joining her. We'll go from there."

"If you say so, man." Momentum hummed out mentally, his confidence in the plan of action less than stellar. With little other alternative, Noah shuffled his way through the water awkwardly behind Knight, hoodie soaked and waffling through the liquid brine of the river as he awaited the signal.

"And you're sure you're not gonna, like, blast us for real or on accident or whatever, right?" he inquired again, eyes affixed on Dyne from afar. "'Cause that would, y'know, kinda suck."

Don't worry, Momentum, I have full and complete control over my powers. I know how to make a show without actually hurting you two more than a minor bruise at the absolute worst. Well, here we go, keep your fingers crossed and good luck.

Looking up, it amazed Dyne just how quickly the plan came together, since the lady hadn't swam more than a couple feet at the most! Huh, I think I might just have to learn how to do this properly, since it seems so convenient. Oh well, another thought for another day. He suddenly moves forward after the spandex-clad woman. "Hey wait up!"

The blast hit didn't hurt a lick. As soon as they were hit, Wesley triggered his and Momentum's invisibility. "Excellent,"he said" deviously, "We're following right behind you. Also note Momentum, I can't see you just as you can't see me, so stay close to Dyne by about twenty feet. Don't want little miss dinosaur herder to get suspicious." He followed Dyne, hopefully the kid was still there. He had faith in him. He seemed like a good kid. Though he did seem like a doubter, doubts were good some times. You had to go over every bit.

The four swam until they reached a cave leading under the bay. The cave ended in a dark air filled room. With but a word the lights came on. The woman smiled like a mother watching her babies. There were several high tech incubators with several large eggs in them. "Thanks for dealing with those annoying fishes," She said giving Dyne a hug. "Now I can show you my plans!" She took his hand and walked over to one of the incubators. "I'm going to hatch the eggs keep these eggs until they're ready to hatch and then I will have an auction for them. When the buyers buy them, they'll pay me and as soon as the auction is over, the eggs will hatch. Then they will eat the buyers and I will have monies and babies. Ain't that neat?"

Feigning death was a strange experience. Invisible - and unable to actually see Knight - Momentum suddenly felt himself rather alone. Or he would have, were it not for the still-present mental communications shared between the three heroes in their new-found underwater locale. He was dead, for all intents and purposes, and in his not-really-deadness, Momentum did his best to keep in stride with the other two he'd been haphazardly lumped with as they pursued the femme fatale, silent in his motions as he tried to ham up the role of being a non-existent corpse.

It isn't until he and the others arrived at the super-secret underwater hideout that Momentum's silence broke, eying the woman from the depths of the water from whence he was confined. There were gizmos and doo-hickeys the likes of which he'd never seen; but more importantly, there were the eggs, no doubt full of giant dinosaurs!

"Sweet! I can't believe that worked!" he communed through his brain, his fish-based optics still gleaming towards the technology-rife lair from below the water. "Gimme back my, uh, human stuff and let's get those eggs!"

As Dyne follows the girl, he can't help but wonder if those stereotypes about blondes being dumb as posts had some grain of truth to them after all, because he couldn't believe that worked so smoothly. In his place, he'd be asking a LOT more questions than this chick had!

When they reach the cave and Dyne hears her plan, He calls out on the link I'll stall her until you guys are ready. Let me know when you can spring into action.

At the same time: "Yes, my girl, that sounds like a rather clever plan. You'll have both money and a pack of ferocious raptors at your command!

"Hold on a second," Wesley thought, "You don't want to look suspicious, do you?" He gave himself and Momentum their legs back but kept on the gills. And yes they had pants on. How did they have pants on? Never you mind, dear reader, they just did. "We'll wait down here until you get her nice and unsuspecting."

The mysterious black clad woman turned to Dyne. "I don't believe we've formally introduced ourselves. You may call me Black," she said with flourished curtsy, "I'm an aspiring ruler. You are part of my first step on the road to ruler ship. See this is only the beginning! When my babies are at full strength I will launch an attack on the surface. You seem like you have aspirations too. What, with how easily you turned against your guppy friends? Maybe we can join forces in our aspirations?" she smiled with a mad gleam of power in her eye.

Not wanting to give his real name, Dyne smoothly makes one up. "You can call me Black Hole. I know, not very original, but when you acquire gravity powers, there is only so many names to give yourself..." He walks towards the back of the cave, apparently pacing, but actually strategically turning her away from where his friends were and setting up his position for when they spring the trap. "Alright guys, on my signal, we ruin her day!"

"And while I'd love to join forces with you...

"Ready...."

"There's just one thing I think I need to tell you first. You know that whole 'turn on my comrades and betray being a hero thing? Well..."

NOW!!!!!!!

"Truth is, I lied."

"Or we can go with the quick and blunt way," Wesley mentally laughed out loud. He got rid of his and Momentum's gills so they could breathe normal air and quickly popped his head above water so he could breathe the air that he loved so much.

"You FOOLS!" Black shouted giddily but with angered passion, "You attack me in my lair? Don't you know that in my house you have to play by my rules?" The spandex seemed to come alive and cover her face as she floated off the ground. Demonic white eyes and teeth formed to fit her face and moved along with her movements. "Make your comfortable, fools, it's going to be a short visit!" With that theshe lifted the two she could see into the air effortlessly as black strands wrapped around their bodies. Fortunately for Momentum she hadn't cast her eyes on him yet. Though she didn't mind she had two play toys.

With a prodigious leap from the watery grave and pleased as punch to both be able to breathe and be wearing pants - soggy though they might be - Momentum steeled himself against the femme fatale and her inky black arrangement of and awkward arsenal. He was psyched! He was ready! It was his time to shine, save the day, get the eggs, and go home and play video games for four hours straight!

Or he would have been, had it not been for the fact Knight and Dyne had so readily been captured by the woman's blackened tendrils. And so here he was, alone, in a lair he knew nothing about filled with scientific devices he didn't understand, and a madwoman ready to rip his eyes out if it weren't for the goggles attached to his still-drenched face. He needed to do something; something to get those two silly superheroes free.

Besides, it wasn't like he could hit a girl! And so, with fists clenched and eyes affixed on the woman's hovering, be-tentacled form, Momentum laid into her the only way a high-schooler really can:

"That's not what your mom said last night!" he chided childishly, trying desperately to earn the woman's ire and shift her focus unto his red hooded personage, preparing to defend himself from the potential attack. "Also, your name totally sucks!"

Black looked down at Momentum angrily. The words he said were hurtful! How did he know about her mother? She killed her personally! And was he affronting her name?! This could not stand! This would not stand! "You'll pay for those word, super fool!" she angrily growled and swung her toys at the disrespectful taunter. Hard.

As Dyne streaks towards Momentum, he makes his move! Lady, you just made a mistake. I control the powers of gravity, which mean inertia is my servant! Reacting quickly, he uses his gravity powers to stop their motion just before slamming into Momentum! He then sets them on the ground. "well, miss 'Black', That was a nice try, but Newton's Third Law has no meaning for me!"

Wesley winced as Black began to swing the two heroes at the third one, but it seems this day Fate was on their side. Well, less Fate and more Gravity. As he floated to the ground, he nodded thankfully to Dyne. "Alright lady," he said focusing on the villainous floating woman, "You're all sorts of crazy. Let's get your head checked." His began to glow a light blue as did his intended target, Black. He was attempting to get into her head and disorient her. Giving her a vertigo type feeling to go with her flight. "We know you're air headed, but how about we lighten that head a little more?"

Sharing his sentiments with his strange bedfellows, Momentum nodded in concurrence with his comrades as he clenched his fists in preparation for a wanton assault.

"What he said!" the teen hero cries out in agreement. Laying down a burst of speed, Momentum rocketed towards the eerie woman clad in black, fist afire with raw kinetic force as he made a passing blow at her slender, but still really creepy body before dipping off to find protective cover. No doubt she was still a bit furious with his verbal lashings, given her use of his allies as blunt instruments to try and wail on him with. That being said, getting something between him and her seemed like a really good idea!

Dyne smiles at Momentum's fast strike-and-cover. It seems he's getting better at this hero thing. I need to see if there's a way for me to help him out with his powers later on. I do have that lab under construction for powers study, after all...

Turning back to the matter at hand, Dyne decides to try and end this little farce once and for all. "Lady, after spending a couple hours with you, I must say you are the creepiest, most loathsome person I've EVER had the misfortune to be forced to be in proximity to. You actually somehow almost make me doubt my faith in humanity, and that seriously pisses me off!" He gathers up a large, writhing shadowing mass of graavitic energy in his hands, and slams it into the ground, where it streaks straight towards Dark. When it gets within a couple feet of her, it bursts from the ground in a delta-shaped waveform of gravitic power, though the aim seems to be a little to the right...

When Dyne sees the miss, he knows she's going to be mad, so he makes a strategic move to put one of the incubators between her and him, and plans his next strike!

Black cursed as her 'toys' were taken away from her. "You have taken my glee away for the last time," she shouted angrily. She began to glow light blue before she could do anything, her head swam for a split second and then she looked to Wesley, "Oh I'm sure my head has been checked before. You just don't know what's been in there." She cackled before she was accosted by two bursts of energy. The first one she seemed to really recoil from. She snarled, "Well then, you all three are FAILURES." The black mask writhed with an awful grin. "So I'm gonna play 'eeny, meeny, miny, mo'." She looked at Momentum, floating over to and above him and then quickly called off the cadence, "Eenymeenyminymo!" and quickly lashed out at him with a black strand that was intended to entrap him. It did not.

Wesley ducked as the two loud bangs went off. They echoed out through the cavernous area. Then Black started chasing the kid. "Hey," he yelled, "Stop right there!" He began to glow with a dark purple aura, as did Black. He was trying to stiffen her muscles, paralyzing her in mid air. "You know you shouldn't pick on the youths? what kind of villain are you anyway?"