Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MBCE

[Turf Wars] A Cry for Help (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Should we all just jump in at any time, or is there a specific point when we start arriving?

Start out with an intro post responding to the information I put in your section. So if you want to do research or ask questions about the situation, that would happen in that post. Once you say you're heading to the area, we can get people meeting each other.

Share this post


Link to post

Using Rapid ESP to conduct an extended visual and auditory search of the mysterious building. I'll take 20, for a check result of 35. With Rapid 3, this should take either 6 seconds (1 round) or 24 seconds (4 rounds), depending on whether the building is closer to 100 or 1,000 feet in approximate diameter.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry for the delays here people. I took a few days off from the computer and hopefully can get things moving again later tonight. I had to catch up on some of the Ref duties that I ahd neglected.

Share this post


Link to post

Man I'm bad. I'm sorry it's taken me a month to get back to this thread. There really is no excuse for it. I hope that you all are still interested in playing. There is still room for other players as well, so if anyone's looking drop a line.

Okay, game points.

First off, any rolls should include the tag [Turf Wars] before the character's name. If you have an account over at Invisible castle, you can set up the campaign as Turf Wars. Either method is okay.

When combat begins, I'll explain how things are done, but for the most part minions you may roll their toughness saves and write up the results when you make your attacks. Real threats I will roll their toughness and saves.

To speed things up, I rolled the notice check for Arrowhawk to notice Scarab's use of ESP, DC 18. Ignis didn't get a roll as he was in Astral form when she would have been near his body so he would not be aware of her watching him.

Notice check on Scarab's ESP DC 18 (1d20+18=36)

Arrowhawk realizes that someone's watching him but not what or who. He does know it isn't coming from the building, though.

I also rolled Scarab's Knowledge current events to see if she recognized Ignis ( on his sheet, he's listed as having a public identity) DC 15 due to her recent reawaking and to recognize Arrowhawk DC 10 (Arrowhawk has been more active in the streets of Freedom which would give Scarab a better chance at recognizing him.

1)Ignis DC 15 2)Arrowhawk DC 10 (1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=5)

Scarab has heard of Ignis but not of Arrowhawk.

Share this post


Link to post

If you want to further speed things up in future, just assume all my Notice checks are using Skill Mastery. Not that I mind rolling an 18. :D

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post

The Scarab is trying to create an entrance as close to the skinheads as possible. Ideally, she'll toss the lamp post through a door or a set of windows. An object thrown with Telekinesis basically functions as a Blast at the TK rank. So the door/window/wall/whatever she's trying to punch a hole through has to make a DC27 Toughness save.

Share this post


Link to post

Are there any second floor windows Arrowhawk could get in through, or non-boarded up ones on the ground floor?

Yes there are windows on teh second floor, but they are boarded up as well. This building has been abandoned for some time which explains the boarded windows. HOwever, none of the boarded windows have been securely covered.

But Arrowhawk needs to react to the mental contact from Scarab as well as the sound of her ripping the light pole from the street. Once I ahve you inital reaction, we'll be rolling initiative and dropping into combat rounds.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes there are windows on teh second floor, but they are boarded up as well. This building has been abandoned for some time which explains the boarded windows. HOwever, none of the boarded windows have been securely covered.

Good thing I carry explosive arrows, eh?

Posting reaction now.

Share this post


Link to post

Did a notice check on Scarab and Arrowhawk. Easier to notice Scarab as she is near the lamp post but it seems he catches both heroes within sight.

The Lightpost goes through the front door, leaving more than enough room to move into the building. The room with the 5 thugs is untouched however.

Initiative time. Please roll your initiative and place teh results here. Once I have all the rolls, I'll make a combat status section that will show information on all players. Don't forget to place [Turf Wars] in the character name to identify rolls.

Minions;real (1d20+1=20, 1d20+5=17)

Share this post


Link to post

Free Actions: Maintain Flight and Force Field.

Move Action: Fly into the building, toward the room with the thugs.

Standard Action: Using her Telekinesis, The Scarab attempts to Disarm the thug carrying the futuristic weapon. If he isn't in sight immediately, she'll hold her action until he is.

Attack roll to Telekinetically Disarm Thug with SciFi Gun: 18.

Opposed "Strength" (TK) check: 22.

Share this post


Link to post

COMBAT STATS

INITATIVE

Hellbound 31

Scarab 21

Thugs 20

Arrowhawk 18

Skinheads 17

Ignis 2

Name -- Attk --- Def--- Toughness--- Saves(F.R.W)---Damage

Hellbound +10---+8(+10raged)---10(Imp 10)---9.7.3(11,7,5 raged)--- DC 17 [strike 2]

Scarab +4(+10Tk)--+10--+12 FF(+2w/o)---5,5,15--- DC 27 TK

Arrowhawk +14bow(+9 normal)---+12---+8---6,8,5---DC 21 (standard arrow)

Ignis +6---+3---+5---4,4,4 (4,4,10 mental)---DC 28 Hellfire control

Thugs(minions)---Def +2 Tough +3 Saves (4,1,0) notice +4 Damage Bat and Pipe DC 19, Sub machine gun Dc 19 (autofire), Sci-fi weap DC 21 (blast 6 effect)

Share this post


Link to post

Rnd 1

Hellbound comes around the corner to see the action continuing.

Scarab enters the building flying into the side room. She easily yanks the weapon from his hands.

Grapple check vs Scarab's 22 (1d20+2=12)

Thugs react to Scarab's entrance.

Submachine guns fire and miss.

submachine vs Scarab DEf22 (1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=20)

The Bat and pipe gun moves back towards the window.

The super gun guy, weaponless, grabs at his weapon but fails to get it.

grapple the weapon DC 22 (TK rank) (1d20+2=20)

Arrowhawk fires his bow at the window destroying it.

Wooden beams vs Explosive arrow Dc 26 (1d20+3=7)

Skinheads do something. :)

Ignis ???

[Actions for Rnd 2?]

COMBAT STATS

INITATIVE

Hellbound 31

Scarab 21

Thugs 20

Arrowhawk 18

Skinheads 17

Ignis 2

Name -- Attk --- Def--- Toughness--- Saves(F.R.W)---Damage

Hellbound +10---+8(+10raged)---10(Imp 10)---9.7.3(11,7,5 raged)--- DC 17 [strike 2]

Scarab +4(+10Tk)--+10--+12 FF(+2w/o)---5,5,15--- DC 27 TK

Arrowhawk +14bow(+9 normal)---+12---+8---6,8,5---DC 21 (standard arrow)

Ignis +6---+3---+5---4,4,4 (4,4,10 mental)---DC 28 Hellfire control

Thugs(minions)---Def +2 Tough +3 Saves (4,1,0) notice +4 Damage Bat and Pipe DC 19, Sub machine gun Dc 19 (autofire), Sci-fi weap DC 21 (blast 6 effect)

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×