The Heist [OOC] (Full)

Heridfel

That'd be true if they were trying to surprise us, but it looked like Velocity ran up and talked to us, followed by Valkyrie looking over and talking to us. If that's the case, then it'd be our actions. I figured yours was also to talk, and Heavy was the first one to take an action that was more aggressive.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be true if they were trying to surprise us, but it looked like Velocity ran up and talked to us, followed by Valkyrie looking over and talking to us. If that's the case, then it'd be our actions. I figured yours was also to talk, and Heavy was the first one to take an action that was more aggressive.

Yes, I had just moved and started to talk, but was also waiting to see if everyone thought the notice check would be good enough to realize Heavy wasn't Daedalus. I was going to go defensive then if it was.

As Gravity is an area effect, wouldn't we get a reflex save to avoid? (maybe not because it is not damage). I guess I'm just screwed then.

Yes, I had just moved and started to talk, but was also waiting to see if everyone thought the notice check would be good enough to realize Heavy wasn't Daedalus. I was going to go defensive then if it was.

As Gravity is an area effect, wouldn't we get a reflex save to avoid? (maybe not because it is not damage). I guess I'm just screwed then.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on. Let me see if I have things straight. Barnum, please chime in if I look like I have something wrong.

1st: We roll for initiative when we are both in sight of one another. We also roll Notice checks to, well, Notice stuff. Heavy doesn't really succeed. Everyone else does.

2nd: We start up on initiative. Velocity runs up and determines that the person who sort of looks like Daedalus only sort of looks like Daedalus, and asks what's going on. I think I was unclear here. I thought I said that it was enough in the chat, but I didn't make a post about it. If you were going onto the defensive, then I think things will change a little following up (assuming you were going to the Spinning AP of your array).

3rd: Valkyrie flies over to ask what's going on. Nanowire makes a sarcastic comment about the bountious heroines, but doesn't do anything else. Heavy decides on a pre-emptive strike. He uses Gravity Control to make an attack and gets a 21. While that's enough to hit both Valkyrie and Velocity normally, when Velocity goes to her Spinning AP, her Defense goes to 24. Her Toughness save also goes to +17 against physical attacks, which is a bit above PL limits. What exactly happens there?

4th: I think I definitely hit Valkyrie with the effect. It's not enough to knock her down, assuming she started her Super-Strength, but it does slow her down a lot. Velocity isn't hit with the effect because her Defense is high enough to avoid it.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on. Let me see if I have things straight. Barnum, please chime in if I look like I have something wrong.

1st: We roll for initiative when we are both in sight of one another. We also roll Notice checks to, well, Notice stuff. Heavy doesn't really succeed. Everyone else does.

2nd: We start up on initiative. Velocity runs up and determines that the person who sort of looks like Daedalus only sort of looks like Daedalus, and asks what's going on. I think I was unclear here. I thought I said that it was enough in the chat, but I didn't make a post about it. If you were going onto the defensive, then I think things will change a little following up (assuming you were going to the Spinning AP of your array).

3rd: Valkyrie flies over to ask what's going on. Nanowire makes a sarcastic comment about the bountious heroines, but doesn't do anything else. Heavy decides on a pre-emptive strike. He uses Gravity Control to make an attack and gets a 21. While that's enough to hit both Valkyrie and Velocity normally, when Velocity goes to her Spinning AP, her Defense goes to 24. Her Toughness save also goes to +17 against physical attacks, which is a bit above PL limits. What exactly happens there?

4th: I think I definitely hit Valkyrie with the effect. It's not enough to knock her down, assuming she started her Super-Strength, but it does slow her down a lot. Velocity isn't hit with the effect because her Defense is high enough to avoid it.

There is not much about Spinning on the Atomic Think Tank, but, what I did find implies that you can't break the PL cap with spinning. I suppose you could make a temporary tradeoff and reduce defense for more toughness from that (like not using dodge feats or something). At the very least, it helps her against grapples. As a PL 11 right now, she would get +2 to toughness from spinning (as she is below the cap)

But what I was going to do when going defensive is have her perform the Total Defense manuver, which bumps her Defense to 28.

There is not much about Spinning on the Atomic Think Tank, but, what I did find implies that you can't break the PL cap with spinning. I suppose you could make a temporary tradeoff and reduce defense for more toughness from that (like not using dodge feats or something). At the very least, it helps her against grapples. As a PL 11 right now, she would get +2 to toughness from spinning (as she is below the cap)

But what I was going to do when going defensive is have her perform the Total Defense manuver, which bumps her Defense to 28.

He uses Gravity Control to make an attack and gets a 21.

As Gravity is an area effect, wouldn't we get a reflex save to avoid? (maybe not because it is not damage)

I have to say, I thought it was an Area (general) attack as well. Not actually targeting people, so we would get a reflex save. The example in the book doesn't call for an attack roll from Gravitar, but then again it doesn't give a reflex save to his opponent either. But it's either a general area attack for the reflex save, or a targeted area attack for some other save. If it is the latter, yes, you certainly do hit Valkyrie.

I'm not sure if Valkyrie was already using her Enhanced Strength and Super-Strength at the beginning of this fight. I'm assuming she was, which would mean that she's considered to have a heavy load (with effects as per page 36 in the main book).

Yeah, Valkyrie has her Super-Strength shiz on. I'll make sure I'm more clear about that in the future.

As Gravity is an area effect, wouldn't we get a reflex save to avoid? (maybe not because it is not damage)

I have to say, I thought it was an Area (general) attack as well. Not actually targeting people, so we would get a reflex save. The example in the book doesn't call for an attack roll from Gravitar, but then again it doesn't give a reflex save to his opponent either. But it's either a general area attack for the reflex save, or a targeted area attack for some other save. If it is the latter, yes, you certainly do hit Valkyrie.

I'm not sure if Valkyrie was already using her Enhanced Strength and Super-Strength at the beginning of this fight. I'm assuming she was, which would mean that she's considered to have a heavy load (with effects as per page 36 in the main book).

Yeah, Valkyrie has her Super-Strength shiz on. I'll make sure I'm more clear about that in the future.

I had been treating mine as a Targeted Area effect, just because it hadn't made sense as a Reflex power. It didn't have a save type described, and it didn't describe anything like that in the example of use. I had been picturing it as an attack that had to get a hold of the people for it to take effect, as the energy wraps itself around his targets. Even though it doesn't have a save associated with it, it has a Strength check, and I figured that was close enough that I should have the Selective Attack extra instead of the Selective power feat.

I think once we decide on the effects here, it's Velocity's turn. I think that she is unaffected, and that Valkyrie is suffering from a heavy load. It was also very clear (un-Subtle) that Heavy just did something, and it's not a far stretch to guess what it was, based on the effects on Valkyrie.

I had been treating mine as a Targeted Area effect, just because it hadn't made sense as a Reflex power. It didn't have a save type described, and it didn't describe anything like that in the example of use. I had been picturing it as an attack that had to get a hold of the people for it to take effect, as the energy wraps itself around his targets. Even though it doesn't have a save associated with it, it has a Strength check, and I figured that was close enough that I should have the Selective Attack extra instead of the Selective power feat.

I think once we decide on the effects here, it's Velocity's turn. I think that she is unaffected, and that Valkyrie is suffering from a heavy load. It was also very clear (un-Subtle) that Heavy just did something, and it's not a far stretch to guess what it was, based on the effects on Valkyrie.