RocketLord

Timeout

Lawrence listened to the interaction between Spaceman, Gamma and the girl as he examined the device the girl and dropped and booted it up. The information that appeared on the screen did little to relax any fears, indeed there seemed to be a lot to be concerned about.

"Yeah, this does seem to be control device for other technology." He replied before focusing his blue eyes back on the young girl.

"There are others being held by the 'doctor?' How many others, are they all around your age? Does the doctor have any others working with him besides Thesaurus?" The blond teen asked with a rather calm and matter of fact demeanor that his British accent only seemed to bolster.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spaceman

"Sidekicks?" Parker asks, looking back at Baz with a smile. "Really?"

The girl's words gotta sting for Baz, but if she reacts like that, then what is this mysterious doctor doing to people? Parker kind of doubts that he is fixing them, if he's doing that to them.

GM

"The doctor doesn't fix people," the girl says, looking up at Gamma Buzz as she speaks. She still seems vary of him. "Just turns them into... whatever. I guess that's why he needs this, right?" She holds up the tablet. 

"I dunno," she says, turning to Timeout. "I saw a couple of weird looking bug-people or something. Dunno why he wanted me."

She looks surprised for a moment. "I... I don't think I remember anything before I woke up there a while ago."

Edited by RocketLord

Gamma Buzz

"Huh? Who says bug people are weird looking?" said Baz, his hands quivering, making almost-fists. 

"And bug people dont need fixing, they are awesome!" he added, feeling very much like he could do with fixing. It wasn't normal, being a young man looking like a cockroach - not that he would admit to anyone. 

But would he give up being able to blast gamma beams into the sky? It was cool, no doubt. But was gamma beam vision cool enough to never have a chick on his arm? Well...

...yet to be answered. 

"Where is the doc person anyway?" he asked the girl. And, for that matter, his super hero chums, who likely had more brains than him. 

Timeout

Lawrence was listening to the girl as he noticed Baz getting a bit agitated about her talking about bug people, a subject that could be very touchy for Baz. Reaching up with a free hand, the blond teen put it gently on Baz's shoulder. "Bug people are awesome, especially when they have cool radiation powers. But does not change the fact that sounds like this doctor is kidnaping people and experimenting on them."

He then looked back at the girl, who seemed concerned about not being able to remember anything after waking up where the doctor had kept her. Lawrence could fully understand how that would be troubling for someone, particularly someone so young. "It sounds like there are other people back there being held against their will like you were. I do not ask lightly, but can you lead us back there so we can see about helping them. Then we can help get you all to the authorities and hopefully someone that can help get your memories back and get you back to where you belong."

Spaceman

"Don't worry, we'll keep you safe," Parker adds to Lawrence's question. "See? Timeout took down that dinosaur easily. If that's the best the doctor has, then we'll be fine."

He is not nearly as confident as he lets on. They don't know anything about this doctor, and what the girl is telling is fragmented at best. Memory loss? What exactly does she know, and what doesn't she?

GM

The girl looks between the three of them. She really doesn't seem like she trusts Gamma Buz, but she is warming up to Timeout and Spaceman, at least.

"I... I can take you there. I think," she says, looking back and forth between them. "But you gotta promise you won't let him get me again."

---

After Thesaurus Rex is secured, the girl leads the young heroes along. It takes an hour or so, but they finally find themselves standing in front of an office building.

Or rather, in front of the manhole cover that the girl is pointing out. "It's down there."

Gamma Buzz

Baz frowned. He was totally at home with the sewers, his preferred haunt. What he was not so at home about was a girl pointing at a man hole cover and suggesting that some criminal mastermind was down there and that three young super heroes should go down there. 

It was entirely plausible. 

But then most good lies were entirely plausible. Otherwise they wouldn't be good lies. 

His armour plated eyebrows raised even further when he saw the girl heat up, right from the centre, extending out. He could see the flare with his infra red vision. 

What to do! Panic!

"GRENADE!" he shouted at his chums, and pushed them away from the girl. 

"She's a GRENADE!"

It wasn't very clever, but she might explode. And he would rather look a fool than mop up the entrails of his freinds from the tarmac. 

GM

"WHAT!?" the girl yells, clearly as surprised as Gamma Buzz when he starts yelling and pushing his friends away.

She looks around, spinning as she tries to look around her.

"I-I'm not a grenade! What are you talking about?" 

She stops, looking at her hands. "What's happening?" 

While the group looks at her, the girl is growing. Within minutes, she appears to have aged years, while her skin has become almost deathly pale.

Gamma Buzz can no longer see the heat from within her.

Gamma Buzz

"Not a grenade!" shouted Baz, his Antenna trembling with his cockroach-senses. 

"But not a girl, either!!!" he added, starting to glow green in preperation for...

...for....

for what?. He had no idea. 

"Obviously my amazing cockroach senses can detect EXACTLY what you are, but who needs cockroach senses when... errr...."

His eyes sneakily shifted to Lawrence. 

"...we have the AMAZING GENIUS of TIMEOUT! Who can use his amazing TIME SENSES to determine EXACTLY what you are, even if you aren't a grenade. Probably."

The heat had gone. Had she shut down her explosive? What the hecking heck was happening?

Timeout

Lawrence had been a bit surprised when Baz had called out about the girl being grenade and was soon tackled to the ground by his friend and roommate along with Parker before he could tr to do anything to prevent a possible explosion. Thankfully, the girl was not actually some sort of explosive, although something certainly had happened, as she had been aged in a few moments.

"Gamma, I could have frozen her in time to give us time to figure out what might have been going on." The blond teen said as he managed to get loose from Baz and stand back up to his feet, regarding the girl a moment.

"I am afraid I am not quite sure yet." Lawrence replied to the girl. "It may be that this Doctor has already tampered with you and the others he is holding prisoner. Perhaps reversed your age, in the hopes of more easily controlling and containing children?"

Spaceman

"Hey!" Parker has time to exclaim, before Baz pushes him and Lawrence out of the way to get to the girl and tackle her to the ground. He shrugs it off, Baz means well, but like Lawrence points out, he should maybe wait a moment.

"She's taller," Parker says. He is aware that is pointing out the obvious, but he finds it important, for some reason. "What made you think that she's a grenade, Buzz?" he asks. The sudden growth spurt, seeming older. She even sounds older, but how could Baz detect it, then?

GM

"I got no idea," the girl says with a shrug. Despite the change, there is nothing that any of the three young heroes' senses that can detect that seems to suggest anything happened to do with time. No tachyons, no chronal residue, nothing. She's just grown older, like it was a wholly biological effect. "I kinda like it. Being bigger, y'know. I feel stronger." She feels her muscles on her arms for a moment, with a wide grin. She appears to be around 16 years old now, around the age of the three heroes.

"I feel pretty great!"

She moves towards the manhole cover and reaches for it and then, with one hand, she tears it out of the ground, sending it crashing into a wall that it bounces off with an ungodly amount of noise.

"C'mon!"

Then she jumps into the hole.

Gamma Buzz

"Oh right, sorry La... I mean sorry, Timeout!" blurted Baltazar, annoyed at himself. He had panicked; afraid that the girl was going to explode and kill his friends. 

"She flared heat. Then cooled down. Maybe she wasn't a grenade, but you cant be too careful when it comes to grenades! Maybe it was that metabolism thing we learned about a school that I was totally alert and awake for the whole time, it was just that I might have been resting my eyes whilst I was totally paying atention to the lesson and not at all slighty asleep!"

He shrugged. "At least we get to go down the sewers! I know sewers like back of my hand! Practically grew up in them. Wait! I did grow up in them!"

He gave a smile, a salute, and jumped in. 

Timeout

Lawrence slightly raised an eyebrow as the former girl tore the manhole cover off, easily tossing it aside. Then both she and Baz dropped down into the sewers below. Glancing over to Parker, the blond teen gave a small shrug. "Guess we are heading down there." He said, before he moved over and began to climb down into the sewers. Once down, he moved out of the way quickly to allow Parker room to likely fly down after.

"Okay, which way next?" Lawrence asked, looking over to the now older girl.

Spaceman

The girl is suddenly strong, while she is now around their age... that's disconcerting. She hadn't shown the ability to do anything like that before.

"I don't like the sewers," Parker admits to the others, as they descend. "There's not enough space to move." 

Not that it seems to matter to these sewers, which does not appear to be standard issue in any way.

GM

As they descend into the sewers, what Spaceman first discovered quickly becames apparent: There is much more room down here than anyone would expect from the sewers. They can actually stand upright, and while water is running, it is off to the side, inside a large see through pipe, making it easy to get around on the spacious path. It is also very clean. It is clearly not anything that Baz would be use to in any way, no matter what he might be saying about the sewers.

"It's over here," the young woman says, responding to Lawrence and pointing. "See? We go around the corner here, then up ahead there's a secret door in the wall and we'll be there."

She quickly starts moving, apparently completely unbothered about the change she just went through.

Timeout

Lawrence chuckled slightly at Parker's comment, and the irony that any lack of space was something the other teen had a fair bit of ability to change. Luckily, it turned out that there was much more space down in these sewers than might normally be the case.

The blond teen took out his cellphone and turned on its flashlight as they followed after the now teenage girl as she told them there was a secret door up ahead.

Looking at one of the walls, Lawrence was able to just make out the door she described, he also found the scanner that appeared to be used for accessing the door. He looked back at the girl. "Do you happen to have a key card for the scanner?" He asked, before holding up the device she had been carrying. "Or will this help open the door as well?"

Spaceman

"No idea," the girl says, trying to hold up the scanner, but with little effect. "I don't really know how it works, anyway."

Parker looks back and forth between the girl that is now a teenager, the hidden door that he can sense and the scanner hidden on the wall.

"Buzz, come here. We'll go first, then I'll grab you," he looks at the girl, "and then Timeout."

There's too many of them for him to bring them all alone at once, but... its a door. And there's somewhere they can go on the other side.

One by one, Parker changes the distance between himself and the other that he holds on to and the space on the other side of the door, bringing them over, until they are all there.

"Now what?" he asks the girl.

GM

The moment they are on the other side of the wall, the group finds themselves standing in a very different environment. Steel clad walls and floors in a massive area that seems almost the size of a warehouse. It doesn't seem like it should fit down here, and yet, it is here. It seems to be a bit of a chaotic mess, to tell the truth. Randomly located cages with a few people inside them, around the age of the now teenage girl. Computers in random locations, some connected to the cages, others to various vats that seem to have some sort of bubbling liquids.

A massive device that seems to be the reactor that the girl had mentioned seems to be in the middle of the room. An armored figure in purple, with a purple cape, stands by it.

Gamma Buzz

"Just what you would find in a sewer! A computer! A witches cauldon! And cages!"

Baz flipped up to the ceiling and crouched there to better study the building. 

"Nope. This doesn't look suspicious at all. What's going on? Robot simulacrums? Synthetic humanoids? Cmon! This looks like Frankensteins castle, except underground. With computers. And girls. So not very much like Frankensteins castle. Except in spirit! Which is the important thing?"

"You think you are fooling us, girl?" he asked the mysterious woman. "I am super intelligent! The proportional intelligence of a cockroach, in fact. So I know exactly whats going on here. And my friends are almost as intelligent, so I will let them explain your mysterious mystery!"

GM

At Baz's reaction and words, the figure in purple turns around, their purple cape moving around them as they do. Their face hidden behind a reflective helmet, it is nonetheless clear that they are looking at Baz, Lawrence, Parker and the young woman.

He raises a hand and points towards Gamma Buzz.

"Get down from there right now." 

The voice is heavily electronically distorted, but nonetheless sounds annoyed, especially as he notices Timeout, Spaceman and the young woman.

"You are not supposed to be here, but you did bring the wayward experiment back."

While the man in purple continues, the girl starts heating up again. Another pulse goes through her body, just like before and once it is done, she has grown once again, easily looking like she is 40 years old now.

The man scoffs.

"Another disappointment."

Gamma Buzz

"Wow! You even sound purple!" said Gamma Buzz. He flipped down to the floor again. "What have you got against ceilings anythehow?"

He gave a sidelong glance at the rapidly aging girl - woman. 

"And what have you got against normal speed aging? I mean, she's growing a year every minute. Or thereabouts..." he added with a wave of his hand. "Something like that anyway. I am sure you understand the complex algerbraic formulations of time and space and all that stuff that I obviously understand and wouldn't bluff about."

He pointed a cockroach finger back at the purple man. 

"Spill the purple beans, purple man! Are you seeking to manipulate the unmanipulatable forces of nature itself?" he asked in a dramatic voice. 

Timeout

Once Spaceman brought him through to the other side of the door, Lawrence began quickly taking in the suddenly enlarged area they found themselves in. Taking note of the figured in the purple armor and cape, the blond teen also focused on all the equipment in the area, trying to ascertain the potential purpose of it. From what he was able to determine, they appeared to be designed to grow some sort of artificial being(s) and to help accelerate the process.

As the armored figure noticed Baz and addressed their presence and the return of the teenage girl, who suddenly rapidly aged even further.

"Well, we are superheroes, we often have a habit of being where we are not supposed to be." Lawrence replied calmly as he took a few steps forward. "Although I am interested in learning what it is you are expecting with these 'experiments' as you call them."

Spaceman

There's something about this whole situation, a sense of deja vu that Parker can't quite place.

"Buzz, I think you should calm down a bit."

He can't place it. Something about the man just gives him an instinctive feeling of dread. He can't let it decide what he'll do. It's just a feeling.

"And who are you?" he calls out, once Lawrence has asked his question. Maybe that will help. Probably not.