Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ari

Ants among the Flowers(IC)

Recommended Posts

GM

Within the room, the wisps were continuing their revolution about the roof. The giant spirits seemed unmoved by the death of the two clones, if indeed they even noticed.

The clone gradually shook himself awake, clutching his head in pain for a moment before looking up at the face with glowing green eyes. He blinked and glanced further up, at the helmeted form. Looking back at Blodeuwedd he answered promptly in a monotonic parody of John "I must answer. Make new weapons. Things that can defeat the Overfather's machines. Magic guiding science." it looked again from Blodeuwedd to Myrmidon and back "Transport is not an issue. The corpses were to bear them in death as in life. Send them through the tunnels to meet their tombs of titanium and orichalcum" he made to stand up, and sat back down when the waves of pain thudded through his head. "You are not from the Overfather. You are from above? We wish for allies, we can help each other. The people we took, their minds cannot be touched by the Doctor's cybernetics and mechanical augmentation." the clone offered, sounding almost hopeful. With a twist of his face the clone added "The African boy was an aberration. An unclean soul, like all his race."

Share this post


Link to post

Myrmidon waived off the offered goggles. << I will take your word for it. >> He said simply, as he stepped aside to let Blodeuwedd interrogate the clone. He laughed darkly at pathetic overtures the clone made << Allies? No. >> He stated as he loomed beside the replicant.

<< So. All it takes is destroying the container. A simple matter. >> The helmeted hero moved over to the covered cadavers, and turned in the direction of his ally. << Is there a chance at backlash? >> He asked her, knowing they were on a limited timetable as it was.

Share this post


Link to post

Blodeuwedd put back on her goggles and readjusted them until she was confident. She’d suspected he’d be the kind to be disinterested in the magical world, it was impossible to be a total rationalist in the kind of world they live in, but it didn’t mean people had to take an interest in the unseen world.

“Destroying the body will release the spirit, but not necessary dispel them. And I don’t think we really we the ghosts of possibly evil giant’s wandering the city. I don’t have any magical skill per se but with some of the magical items here I might be able to dispel the spirits or store the bodies away temporally. It’s either that or call in some magical support. Problem is that either way it’s going to take a little time, how long do you think we have?â€

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Just as the last words left Blodeuwedd's mouth a sudden, tearing shriek echoed through the sterile hallway. The alarms that rumbled through the radios in their helmets was added to with the curt declaration <<<Alert: cyborg patient located in medical wing. Armed and extremely dangerous, susceptible to electric shock. All soldiers convene on these coordinates...>>> as the mechanical words droned out of the distant human throat, the two heroes could hear shouts, panicked screams and the sharp blares of SHADOW energy weapons.

 

"Oh. That would be the African boy, I think. I believe he has a chamical imbalance of some kind." The clone said blandly, watching the pair with sharp eyes. The ghosts had not budged, and their wisps moved as before.

Share this post


Link to post

Of course it will be needlessly complicated, when magic is involved.  Myrmidon internally groused as the alarms went off. He racked his brains at her question for a few seconds before responding.

 

<< The practitioners I do know, I would prefer their uninvolvement in this situation. I would not be unopposed to calling them after clearing this facility, but it would be unlikely there would be much to save. All SHADOW bases are fitted with a self-destruct mechanism, which is used when the facility has been compromised in some form or another. Which means that we have lost the luxury to loiter. >> The clone hero pointed at the obviously magical stave. << Would taking or breaking that do anything to help or hinder us? >>

Share this post


Link to post

“It’s hard to tell with spirit’s they can be quite capricious, they could be thankful for free them or mad at us for destroying their body. How difficult would it be to disable the self-destruct? I would rather have professionals deal with this.â€

 

Her thought went back to the transmissions; maybe the escape could be a viable asset. She just needed to try and focus Myrmidons attention onto the possibility of gaining another ally.

 

“Maybe we should think about help the escapee; you know what they say about the enemy of my enemy…â€

Edited by TiffanyKorta

Share this post


Link to post

"Depends on what type of self destruct. Could be as simple as a fuel air explosive, or it might be something more esoteric like a necrotic pulse or the like. If either of us can disable the other commander, there should be no one with high enough clearance to activate it." He opted to pick up the staff and toss it to Blod. She was more of an expert in these things after all.

 

Myrmidon then gave her a look that could only be described as quizzical confusion at the statement. "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less." he stated akin to a mantra. "Regardless, we need to make haste."

Share this post


Link to post

“I guess quoting the classic proverb’s isn’t going to win my argument, though I don’t know the source of your proverb.â€

 

She replaced her goggles and fixed her hood, briefly wondering if Myridon had seen her face as the both argued there cornor. But now wasn’t quite the time to worry about such things.

 

“But I agree we should take out the other commander. Once we know the base is safe we can work out the next part of plan.â€

 

She drew Dyrnwyn and tucked it under her cloak, hiding the cold blue light of the sword from other.

 

“And I agree our time is probably short, so where do we go from here?â€

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The short discussion was quickly obliterated when with a crash and wet thud, four clone soldiers slammed through the doors to the medical wing, their mangled bodies lying very quiet and still on the floor.

 

Through the bashed open doors the two heroes saw a pristine white room, glimpsing terrified people strapped to gurneys and put behind plastic curtains. In the center and among a pile of clone bodies stood a bloodstained dull gray and brown man-shaped pile of metal hoisting up another clone by his neck with a free arm, the other three gripping sharpened pieces of metal jammed into the floor and dripping, robotic jaw opening to unleash a torrent of electronic noise that resolved through their helmets as <<"Where is the doctor?">> with a strong South African accent. His victim stared levelly at the creature, answering flatly "North Wing. You shall not get close. He has countermeasure-" the clone was silenced as one of the swords flashed neatly through her.

 

Tossing the corpse aside, the robotic creature looked sharply over at the two infiltrators. <<"I am Wolf. Do not interfere">> it ground, suddenly darting to the side and tearing a ventilation grate clean out of the wall, sliding inside with a folding of his four arms like some kind of hideous bronze spider.

 

Over the intercom the monotonous voice of command sounded <<"Cyborg has left medical wing, Troops disregard patients and move to intercept progress at...">> he listed off a quick aplahanumeric code that translated roughly to a whole floor above the two. The people inside the very still and cold room peered out, one of them calling out hesitantly "H-hello? A-are you here to help us?" Without waiting for a response she went on desperately "You gotta get us outta here! That guy...he's gone crazy! They put him in some kinda nanoborg soup or whatever the &#$) that was, and now he's just running around and killin' everybody he sees! And..and they're gonna do that to us when they catch him." she whispered, her eye visible through the crack in the curtain wide with terror.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Myrmidon looked on dispassionately as the former human turned against his captors. As far as he was concerned, this provided an ample distraction for the pair to go about sabotaging the base. Inclining his head back towards Blodeuwedd, << We need to act now, if we want to make use of his distraction and escort these people to safety. >>

 

Turning his attention back to the detainees, he asked them << How many of you are in there? Do you have any injured or other casualties that we should be aware of? >>

 

With any luck, they could covertly get these people to safety before the SHADOW troops dealt with the rampant cyborg.

Share this post


Link to post

Blodeuwedd was polite enough not to point out that this was her original plan. It was enough that Myrmidon was thinking again about helping people, rather than focusing on revenge. Still she wasn’t stupid enough to expect that such thought’s had left his mind. For now she focus on how to get these people out and free of base.


Checking for any kind of security on the now ruined door she slipped into the room to use her ,admirably limited medical knowledge, to see what kind of state the “patient’s†we in currently.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"Uh..."the woman looked blank for a worryingly long time, suddenly answering "No, nobody's been hurt. I think, uh" she glanced around at the other curtains "there's gotta be about a dozen of us, I think? I-I couldn't take that stuff they put in the drinks, I passed out. Didn't see any of the others come in, I think I'm the newest..." she shrugged helplessly and slumped back onto the gurney, which she was strapped to a little more securely than most hospitals would have advised.

 

Blodeuwedd passed through the austerely blood-splattered medical wing, finding only ten prisoners, and none of them with any kind of injury or signs of ill-treatment. Most of them had been heavily sedated, and were still at least slightly groggy. The sudden and horrible violence of the last few seconds hadn't been enough to wake them.

 

<<<"Gaps appearing in patrol patterns">>> commented the voice of Command evenly <<<"Close ranks, fall back to elevator leading to North Wing, target has too much of an edge in small numbers. Known affinity for animals, release wolves to distract him">>>

Edited by Arichamus

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×