Jump to content
olopi

[OOC] Kick Off!: Dark Horse

Recommended Posts

OOC for this

 

Go ahead and react, there's hopefully enough in the opening post to start off the thread!

Edited by olopi

Share this post


Link to post

Tagging this thread. 

 

EDIT:

-For idle reference, Nevermore currently has his Analytic Cowl Gadget configuration active. The computer bit can be fluff.

-He's using Investigate. 

Edited by KnightDisciple

Share this post


Link to post

Nevermore is going to quickly and quietly swap his Gadgets around a bit. 

He's going to change from the Analytic Cowl setup to the Tools of the Trade setup, which, most importantly, gives him a Subtle Datalink power. We can also fluff the link to the Rookery as giving him Access Codes....if he succeeds at his Computers check!

His goal is to temporarily disable the sensors that activate the lights in the hallway with movement. Not the actual trophy room (that's probably already lit up anyways), but the hall, so as to make it less obvious they're doing the sneaky-sneak. 

Computer Check: 34.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, a Notice Check from both of you please, and should you decide to start combat feel free to roll initiative, with a surprise round to go along it!

Share this post


Link to post

So before I roll Init, I'm going to be trying to figure out the best way to configure Gadgets (currently consulting Chat). End result is a desire to use Grapnel to yoink the shiny! We can also establish what rolls you'd want me to make for that, Olopi.

 

Notice Check: 29. Hopefully I'm not wasting all my good rolls for the next week, both here and in "meatspace", on non-combat rolls....

 

EDIT: Angrydurf's suggested configuration:

Extended Reach (Unarmed) Limited to Disarm and Improved Disarm

 

Since this is something like 20-50 feet of range, that seems reasonable. But I want to bounce it off of you first before we "commit". 

Edited by KnightDisciple

Share this post


Link to post

That gadget sounds reasonable (and fun!). Works with me! Bonus points if it's a grabby hand or slime hand! :P

 

Now, as for most ominous rolls:

 

1d20 + 12 = 29

Well dang!

Nevermore notices there's something up on the room's ceiling, but can't really make out anything more specific for now, there's too much darkness up there to see what it might be properly!

Share this post


Link to post

Sadly it's "only" going to be an articulated grapnel claw....I'm too lazy to PP that up but the math should fit in 10PP or less.

I'll roll Initiative (because there's no way this won't get noticed), and then the Disarm check.

Initiative: 7.

 

Disarm Attack Roll (rolling as a Melee due to using Extended Reach): 32

...I'll take a +5 on the Strength Check. And +4 from Improved Disarm. And +4 from his actual Strength. As I'm reading the Disarm entry, that'd be  15 (base) + 13 (strength and feat and crit).

So, DC 28 to not get disarmed, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post

Well Improved disarm is ranked.  So it might be worth statting out the gadget and getting like 5 ranks of each (Improved Disarm and Extended Reach).  That'll give you a +16 (+21 with the crit) to your disarm out to a 30' range.

Share this post


Link to post

Sure, let's go with that. 5PP for Extended Reach 5, and 5PP for Improved Disarm 5. Which means that DC would be....36!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not even gonna roll that, no way he makes that.

So, the thingy that was in his hand gets grappled and pulled in.

It's a scroll of some sorts, clearly magical!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Alright for Ouroboros

 

Free Action:  reform

Move Action:  Fast Demoralize 1d20+5=22

Standard Action:  Use his Mage hand power to initiate a grapple with the now artifact-less thief.  Attack roll 1d20+12=26  Grapple Check: 1d20+16=19  Welp that could have gone better.  Ah well the night is young.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so we're at:

 

17 - Ouroboros | 1HP | Unharmed

12 - Thief! | Unharmed

9 - Nevermore | 3HP | Unharmed

 

So, I'll do a quick post to describe everything, then Ouroboros is up again.

Share this post


Link to post

Alrighty then he's quick!

 

Free Action:  Switch magic Array to force constructs.

Standard Action:  Try to trap him inside a magic cage  DC 22 Reflex Save to evade the cage as it forms around him.  Mabe that'll work better.  

Share this post


Link to post

Okay!

Move Action: Move

Standard Action: Summon a crossbow!

 

Nevermore is up!

Share this post


Link to post

Lessee....

 

Standard Action: Rearrange Gadgets to the following:

Electroshock Gauntlets 
 Stun 10 (Extras: Linked [Martial Arts] Flaws: Daze) [10PP] (Electricity)

Move Action: Move up to Fancy Thief.

Extra Effort: Surge for another Standard Action.

Standard Action: Punch him! Melee Attack Roll: 30. That probably hits....anyway! DC 23 Toughness Save, and DC 20 Fortitude save (vs stun). 

Share this post


Link to post

That just about manages to hit!

 

Toughness 1d20 + 12 = 14

Wow. This guy can't catch a break.

Let's reroll that so he can at least get one attack in! :D+1HP for Ouroboros

Toughness Rerolling: 1d20 + 12 = 24

So that's a bruise!

 

17 - Ouroboros | 2HP | Unharmed

12 - Thief! | Bruised 1

9 - Nevermore | 3HP | Unharmed

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The Thief returns fire, directed at Ouroboros:

1d20 + 12 = 24

I believe that hits, so that'd be a DC 27 Toughness Save, please!

 

Now, at the same time, something drops from the ceiling! Drops, and proceeds to attack Nevermore in the same motion!

1d20 + 13 = 15

Wooooow. What is up with these rolls. Rerolling that one, another HP to Nevermore!

1d20 + 13 = 18, upgraded to 28

Well, that's better.

So, as that hits, that's a DC 22 Toughness Save against Damage, and a DC 15 Reflex Save against a Visual Dazzle!

 

Also, The Weaver's initiative: 1d20 + 4 = 18

Edited by olopi

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...