Alien Cyborg Hero - [WIP]

ca_lazerdwarf

From a planet of reptilian aliens, Space-Cyborg (name pending) has been heavily upgraded with cybernetic upgrades to make a super-soldier. Modified to survive in the cold vacuum of space, given greatly enhanced vision and with twin plasma cannons built in to his arms.

Thinking of giving him some acid spittle from his racial heritage, and possibly a cyberlink for working with computers.

Primarily for space activity, as he'll stick out on Earth.

Edited by ca_lazerdwarf

Superhero "Plasma" I guess is quite unlike the real world plasma, just like superhero fire is quite unlike (even more so) real fire. We aren't causing burns, fluid loss, horrible facial injuries. Ultimately its no different from generic energy blasts. Starshot has a plasma rifle, and that is fine, because we are talking vague superhero plasma. 

Acid is more of a sell, but is it any more of a sell than the Human Torch throwing blasts of fire that would horribly disfigure anyone whom he hit? If it really is a problem, then just call it a chemical spray and give it a nauseate effect or something. 

I don't think a "Soldier who is tired of war" is too 90s or Iron Age. And in any case, we aren't against all aspects of Iron Age, Mainly the Cert 18 stuff, stripperific costumes, torture, and "realism" of people getting stabbed, dismembered and shot up. 

I wanted at least one power tied to him being an alien rather than technology. Was flipping between the acid and fire breath (for more of a dragon flavor). Just occurred to me, I could get the dragon flavor by giving him wings, which saves me from finding another way for him to fly.

I saw plasma as more "generic comic energy blast" type of thing. Does it matter whether energy blasts come from a gun or from eyes?

Souffle, that does sound awesome, although you may have competition....HGMorrison has a ship and a crew of three, and Starshot (mine) has a sort of crew of two...

Nothing to stop you doing that, or even creating your own crew (with minions feat!). Its all awesome. My one piece of advice is that if you do crew up with other PCs, make it a loose association rather than fixed. It would get limiting if those same PCs had to group up together everytime (and no doubt frustrating).