Southside OOC

beard

Well, it is for the Refs to determine here, but the rules for Grapple say its the "attack bonus" that is part of the equation, not Base Attack Bonus. After all, grappling is melee (or unarmed fighting), so it would make sense to me that Attack Focus Melee would add to it.

That was my thinking likewise. It would seem a bit bizarre if it didnt, it's melee/unarmed combat, and the bonus applies to such things. I wouldn't have bothered with the grapple action otherwise.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is for the Refs to determine here, but the rules for Grapple say its the "attack bonus" that is part of the equation, not Base Attack Bonus. After all, grappling is melee (or unarmed fighting), so it would make sense to me that Attack Focus Melee would add to it.

That was my thinking likewise. It would seem a bit bizarre if it didnt, it's melee/unarmed combat, and the bonus applies to such things. I wouldn't have bothered with the grapple action otherwise.

I did a bit of looking on the Atomic Think Tank in the numerous threads on grappling, and did not see one that specifically mentioned Attack Focus: Melee, and whether it would add to the grapple check roll.

But, I did find something that would indicate that it probably would. In one thread, Steve Kenson distinguished between Attack Specilization (Unarmed) and Attack Specilization (Grapple), stating that the unarmed spec would help in the attack roll to initiate the grapple, but not the grapple check, while the grapple spec would aid in the grapple check, but not the initial attack roll. Attack Focus Melee is broader (hence only +1 for 1 pp instead of +2), so it would reason that it would apply to both the attack roll to intitiate and the grapple check.

Interestingly, Kenson also said that someone could All-Out Attack (for +5 to hit) and use the Improved Grab feat to start a grapple of that attack and get the +5 bonus from All-Out Attack on the grapple check for the round :)

Thev

I did a bit of looking on the Atomic Think Tank in the numerous threads on grappling, and did not see one that specifically mentioned Attack Focus: Melee, and whether it would add to the grapple check roll.

But, I did find something that would indicate that it probably would. In one thread, Steve Kenson distinguished between Attack Specilization (Unarmed) and Attack Specilization (Grapple), stating that the unarmed spec would help in the attack roll to initiate the grapple, but not the grapple check, while the grapple spec would aid in the grapple check, but not the initial attack roll. Attack Focus Melee is broader (hence only +1 for 1 pp instead of +2), so it would reason that it would apply to both the attack roll to intitiate and the grapple check.

Interestingly, Kenson also said that someone could All-Out Attack (for +5 to hit) and use the Improved Grab feat to start a grapple of that attack and get the +5 bonus from All-Out Attack on the grapple check for the round :)

Thev

Thev

Ok, since I really wasnt into damien to being with (he's a "test" character) im fudging the next 3 toughness rolls..damiens going limp..finally, but if anyone (dm or player) wants to break him outta prison thats fine.. :P:D he's good "muscle" for a mastermind villian if anyone wants to mess with him.

Ok, since I really wasnt into damien to being with (he's a "test" character) im fudging the next 3 toughness rolls..damiens going limp..finally, but if anyone (dm or player) wants to break him outta prison thats fine.. :P:D he's good "muscle" for a mastermind villian if anyone wants to mess with him.

I checked with Barnum, and he said it was reasonable that Kevin would be able to see at least one person who was injured during this whole ordeal. As my action, I'm moving to one of those people and trying to use Healing on them. I made an attack roll if I need it - I presume I can hit automatically if the person isn't resisting. I just wanted to make sure I got a chance to use my power before the scene was up. So far, it wasn't so interesting for we groundpounders.

I checked with Barnum, and he said it was reasonable that Kevin would be able to see at least one person who was injured during this whole ordeal. As my action, I'm moving to one of those people and trying to use Healing on them. I made an attack roll if I need it - I presume I can hit automatically if the person isn't resisting. I just wanted to make sure I got a chance to use my power before the scene was up. So far, it wasn't so interesting for we groundpounders.