Temperance looked to Geckoman. "Yes, this whole thing has been rather inimical to chat, hasn't it," she said. "In any case, I can control water, and ice. With ice, I'm more versed in a few familiar shapes - bullets, confines, black ice - but can improvise as need be. With water, I have a good deal more freedom, but usually in the sense of making it move about and fall down on people's heads. Still, unless Mythbusters lied to me, having a wall of water in front of us should do a good deal to stop ballistic firearms." She paused, realizing just where she was. "Laser beams, I'm not so sure about."

She paused, wondering if she should go into her other talents. Water control was one thing, but the more delicate stuff could make her look like a loon. Then again, she'd already been dragged into space to deal with diplomatic affairs between aliens, so it might help to go for broke. "I can also perceive immaterial spirits of the animistic bend. I haven't really glimpsed many on this ship, though, so I think those talents may apply mainly to humanocentric manifestations. Still, if I do see something hidden 'backstage' when we touch down, perhaps we can get some good ground-level intelligence."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, water diffracts light, so if they're actual light, instead of something similarly lasery, I imagine it'd stop a shot?" Geckoman shrugged his shoulders. "If that fails, maybe fall back on ice? Dunno, not a scientist. I tend to just try and dodge the bullet, I figure it's easier for everyone involved."

He leaned forward and stroked his chin. "Dunno about spirit stuff, though. Not a magician, either. Way I see it, though, why would Earth be the only place to have boogity? Aliens have got guns, armour, greed, politics, families, no reason there's not woogity as well."

"Ice tends to work for a lot," said Temperance, "especially when deployed in vast, ballistic quantities. Or as snares, as swords, as sheets meant to catch them off their feet... I've put a bit of thought into it. As for spirits... we shall see. Spirits tend to take on aspects of the cultures and geographies they dwell in. For all I know, they could be friendly, communicable, and willing to share intelligence... or they could go for the eyes. Either way, they don't often send up noticeable alarms in the physical world, so I'll deal with them in they make trouble. But we should focus a bit more attention on the physical."

She turned to Geckoman. "Let me see if I remember... ability to climb the walls, strong hand-to-hand skills, regenerative abilities... am I missing anything? Well, besides the jet..." 

"Well, my baby's not here right now," said Geckoman, looking mournful. "Shame. But if it comes up, I can usually fly or drive stuff, with a minimum of the crashing and catching fire and dying."

He held up his hands, checking off fingers. "Anyway, yeah, punching, healing, wall crawlin', and also reflexes, a couple of gadgets, and a big stick. Y'know, the classics. Nothing like the," he waved a hand wildly vaguely in Temperance's direction, "control over primal forces, but y'know, I can track people like a dog hunting bunnies."